Ebbets Field Version 3.0 Finale - It's the real thing

paulw

For me it crashes right after the loading screen.

I have an ATI 9600 Pro 128mb

1 gig ram

MD's Datafile 3.1

It's weird because i never had any problem with modded stadium...

I've just made my first attempt at trying to fix this thing. I've unstretched the right field screen and made the graphic a 256x256 and now have that repeat 40 times as opposed to a 1024x256 repeating 10 times. It looks exactly the same.

If you are having *consistent* problems with this thing crashing please PM me with your email address. I'll send a few of you a copy of the new version and we can see what happens. It's worth a try. This probably won't work but it's a start.

Another suggestion would be to set your video resolution down a notch and just see what happens. We pushed a few things to the edge here and maybe we went over it.

Sorry....

I'm stumped as to the crashes. I have a very low end system- PIII,550mhz,384mb RAM and ATI Radeon 9200 128mb video card. I'm running the game at 1024x768x32 and have no crashes. I have player detail at low because my system won't let it go any higher.

I have two suggestions that I can make, but I'm not sure it will help.

Use BigGui to open the aaa1nite.big file. Select the 4 files that are not compressed (do not select remap.ifo). Compress them and rebuild.

If that doesn't help, extract cram32.fsh from the aaa1nite.big file. Open the file with FSHed and delete the nyyk file. Save and repack into the big file and compress and rebuild.

Please check the display mode that you are running the game in the options screen. The last number should be 32, ie 1024x768x32. If it is 16, please change it to 32 and retry the mod.

This is the first time I've ever seen "my partner" in a post. How cool! See - we really are trying to fix this thing.

I figured this was as good a place to post this as any. Firstly, this was my very first game ever played in Ebbets field for MVP 2005. It was a Total Classic 5 game between the 65 Dodgers and the 57 Braves. Kofax vs Spahn. A true pitchers battle. Koufax was dominate, getting into trouble at times, but working his way out not giving up a run and allowing only 1 runner to reach 3rd base all game.

Spahn on the other hand was befuddling hitters, screwball and all. In the Top of the 8th, Spahn came to the plate with no hitter intact but a runner on. The Braves skipper had been tossed the inning before for a bang/bang play at first. Spahn stayed in and hit into an inning ending DP.

He then returned to the mound and tallied his 7th, 8th and 9th strikeouts consecutively. The Dodgers hadn't hit the ball hard yet in the game, not a single ball leaving the infield.

Koufax, realizing his offense may not put an end to this well into the 12th, bore down and recorded his 9th, 10th and 11th strikeouts of the game, setting the frame for the bottom of the 9th.

Spahn quickly dealt to the Dodgers #7 hitter. A squib off the end of the bat back to Spahn, 1 away. Steps in the catcher, Torburg, 3 strikeouts on the day.

It's interesting how one mistake can change the entire outcome of a game. First pitch, change up, fat and down the middle. Torburg turns on it and the only thing between this walk off and and out is the left fielder. With the low wall in left, there is a chance this one just might not have enough juice. Timing his leap, the left fielder lunges. Ball to glove, out 2? Nope. The ball bounces off the top of the left fielders glove, over the wall and Spahn is left in utter awe. How could his perfect day come to such an imperfect ending.

Great stadium, thanks for the chance to play here.

That is such a cool post, HCL! Thanks very much for this. Isn't it amazing how wrapped up you can get in these games! I've had games that I've enjoyed so much that I write down the entire box score at the end - add a few comments - and store it away for momentos sake.

If I can speak for Hyman - I just want to say how happy we (and the folks at Total Classics) are that we could give you some good old fun at the ballpark. Your game was a lot like the famous Bill Bevens almost no hitter in the 1947 series - ended by Cookie Lavagetto's 2-run double off the right field wall with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th. One of the great series including Al (back,back,back goes) Gionfrido's amazing catch of a DiMaggio drive.

• 10 months later...

How do I extract cram32.fsh from the aaa1nite.big file?

Compressing and rebuilding the 4 files didn't work for me.

This stadium crash is so weird because it was working perfectly before I installed new uniforms.big and models.big.

What is the most up to date release of this stadium mod?

Thanks for all your help.

• 1 year later...

Ebbets is crashing on me again after a year of working perfectly.

I have installed some new things though. Spungo's unis, Hiheat's concept unis, and Kumala's datafile with my own camera tweak.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

One other note, none of the other Ebbets field mods work for me and it's the only stadium mod that I know of that doesn't work for me. The other classic stadiums work perfectly.

Archived