Vin Scully

HardcoreLegend

I know I'm acting like a n00b with this one, but I really didn't realize Scully did the MLB 2005 commentary. I thought he had quit doing that stuff a long time ago.

Anyways, what is the change over rate from that point on as far as player names?

Scully is really the ideal announcer to use if we were ever to change the commentary audio because a) he recorded studio audio for video games in which the audio should be accessible and B) he is still doing play by play and the unavailible audio can be gotten from a broadcast.

I don't know what format MLB 2005 was availible in and I don't know if the audio files can simply be opened on a PC or if you have to record in game audio to do it. If it's the latter, forget it. However, if it's the first, I have the MLB Extra Innings package with most of the MLB games from this year being broadcast. I'd be more than willing to capture audio to fill in the gaps of what the MLB 2005 game doesn't provide.

Any ideas?

I have checked the other threads. I didn't say it would be easy. How many pbp audio files are there?

as Mo says, 'a lot of them'

and you'll probably strrugle to find Vin saying every number from 0 to 1000, unless they can be extracted from the other game. My guess is you'll get bored way before you have anything to release

Ok, let's leave names out of it for right now....just to test this out, tell me what simple play by play dialogue I should try to get from MLB2k6. I mean, I'm dead serious about how AMAZING this play by play is.

I opened the pbp file the other day. There are over 15,000 pbp audio files. Something like this would take a hell of a lot of time and effort to complete. Even with a team of modders working together, it' would be darn near impossible. It would be a kick *** mod though. hmmm, maybe if we started working today, we could have it out by the mvp09 mod :lol:

So, that's it. We've decided to just give up?

The way I look at it is that there has to be alot of repeat pbp files in there. The main stuff is:

Players names

Functions in the field

Managerial moves

Intros

From those, it's just spliced together audio. Seperate file for Bottom of the 6th, 2 outs and Bottom of the 7th, 2 outs. So, what we would need is Bottom of the and outs, then the various numbers.

I have the game extracted on my xbox. I had to extract it on my computer first. Of course, the first thing I did was inspect the files. They are separated into several, extentionless files, which means we will not be able to open them and explore in order to mod the game. Apparently Take 2 has this file structure for all their new games making it seemingly impossible to mod unless you have access to their headquarters and the hardware they used to create such files. In sort, unless a hacker or someone can find a way to open these extentionless files then there will not be any modding done for this game or extraction of any of its files.

Just because they don't have 'extensions' doesn't mean they don't apply to a program. Of course, I'll have to do some searching on the internet, but I'd have to believe someone out there has a program that opens these files.

I never said that they didn't have a program to go with them. I just said that you wont be able to view or edit them without getting it from Take 2. Good luck with finding something...

• 7 months later...

You would be a God if you can get this done. If I hear "This dude has a beavy of pitches in his aresenal" one more time, its going to get pretty ugly around here!

The ones I hate are "Sometimes you try to make the batter chase your pitch. That's what you saw right there" and the fact that he never thinks you hold up on check swings. I'ver heard him say "The batter went around" and when I check the replay, the bat was at a 45 degree angle, no whre near crossing the plane.

i love how he says "That pitch was right in the black. Even if he didn't swing right through it it'd be a strike!" Actually, that's not exact, but something like that. But of course, the pitch is really 5 feet out the zone, but they're saying it's in the zone. :roll:

I like when around the 7th inning, I accidently overthrow a slider in the dirt and the CPU lays off of it and they throw out the "The pitcher and catcher have a plan in mind, Kipe, but the batters are laying off these pitches"

Yeah, I'd lay off the first slider I saw bounce a 54 feet too.....Meat.

Archived