Anyone want to take a stab at the new Ranger road alternates

GoChiefs

Dammit, guys. The real question here is: How do the Rangers shave a sasquatch and make him part of their rotation?

There are bigger things than uni mods going on here.

--Eric

download his mod, open the files up with nfshtool or irfanview to veiw them, find the one you want, recompress with eazip/compressor, import to your models.big file wherever it is supposed to go.

His mod is just an .exe. I wouldn't know the first thing about extracting something from it.

I guess I could download it and run it, does it include the mid 90's ranger unis? That is my main concern. I don't want to overwrite my files.

don't know. from this point on you're on your own. maybe pm kc.

oh. make a copy of your main mvp folder as a backup, install his thing, then open up your uniforms.big file, extract all from there and reveiw them looking for yours, then follow instructions above, delete that mvp folder and use your main one again.

OK making progress. I managed to grab the two .fsh files from kc's mod and import them into my models.big file. I replaced a uniform I never used.

Of course now the game crashes when I try to start a game with the new uniform. According to BigGUI the new file is compressed. Interestingly enough my other Ranger .fsh files in the .big file are uncompressed and work fine. I tried to uncompress the new files and BigGUI just crashes.

Of course now the game crashes when I try to start a game with the new uniform. According to BigGUI the new file is compressed. Interestingly enough my other Ranger .fsh files in the .big file are uncompressed and work fine. I tried to uncompress the new files and BigGUI just crashes.

NEVER. EVER. Use biggui to compress. ead above in my instructions. That is where your crashing was caused and files becoming uncompressed. Biggui is the devil.

FOR Future reference, importing, if you don't have an installer, use EAGE after you've compressed them with EAZIP. THen change your .big file to a readme only file so everything stays compressed for sure.

Archived