Mike Mussina

D-Unit

Mike Mussina is off to a great start this year, a 5-1 record. i have heard that this is partly because of a new changeup he has been using. but in the game he doesnt even have a changeup. i would like to add that pitch, so what pitch should i get rid of (he has 5)? i was thinking the 2 seamer or the curve, but i would like some reassurance and even possible stat projections.

i agree, same for Wang Chien- Ming, he uses his sinker alot but that pitch is not in the game for MLB 06 Beta

That pitch is actually a very good 2-seam fastball, not a sinker.

DUnit, Mike throws about 8 pitches. Most are variations of others, such as the knuckle-curve and splitter/changeup, so it's impossible at this time to put all his pitches in-game.

Moose has been one of the most innovative (and frustrating) pitchers of the last 10 years. He has been a personal fave of mine. He's just nasty when he's got everything working and abysmal when he doesn't. No matter how he's doing, he always looks like he's got Jack Bauer's job out there on the mound.

Mike, there is a bomb in the stadium and you've got 9 innings to diffuse it!

DUnit, Mike throws about 8 pitches. Most are variations of others, such as the knuckle-curve and splitter/changeup, so it's impossible at this time to put all his pitches in-game.

i guess so. i just thought that the new changeup grip he uses is what makes him so much better right now, and im gonna add it into the game. i might get rid of the curve, because i tend to use the knucklecurve over it anyway.

That's what I did. I watch every Yankee game and I haven't seen him throw a curve that wasn't a knuckle-curve since he's been here.

Actually Wang's money pitch is his sinkerball, its what got him to the major leagues.

Random quotes from random websites:

-Wang's sinker is usually good enough that he can often succeed throwing almost nothing else. But yesterday, at the encouragement of pitching coach Ron Guidry, Wang used his slider, split-finger fastball and changeup more.

-The right-hander from Taiwan, who turns 26 next month, was 8-5 with a 4.02 ERA in 18 games last season. Wang averaged less than two strikeouts per nine innings but induced nearly three ground balls for every fly ball. That's a sign of how effective his sinker was.

-Wang's sinker, according to Posada, is almost impossible to adjust to for a hitter. "Even if he doesn't throw it perfectly, it still sinks and he still gets outs," the catcher said. "You see a lot of guys swinging at the first or second pitch and get themselves out."

-Wang's sinker is usually good enough that he can often succeed throwing almost nothing else. But yesterday, at the encouragement of pitching coach Ron Guidry, Wang used his slider, split-finger fastball and changeup more.

-The right-hander from Taiwan, who turns 26 next month, was 8-5 with a 4.02 ERA in 18 games last season. Wang averaged less than two strikeouts per nine innings but induced nearly three ground balls for every fly ball. That's a sign of how effective his sinker was.

-Wang's sinker, according to Posada, is almost impossible to adjust to for a hitter. "Even if he doesn't throw it perfectly, it still sinks and he still gets outs," the catcher said. "You see a lot of guys swinging at the first or second pitch and get themselves out."

Yeah.

He is in Taipei Physical Education College's baseball coach (teacher) as well as he all kiss gives an oral account he to throw is sinker.

(Many news in Taiwan may prove that, or directly asked he XD)

His sinker cannot fall down on is similar with 2-seam.

Yeah.

He is in Taipei Physical Education College's baseball coach (teacher) as well as he all kiss gives an oral account he to throw is sinker.

(Many news may prove that, or directly asked he XD)

His sinker cannot fall down on is similar with 2-seam.

WHAT?

What the heck was said up there?

WHAT?

What the heck was said up there?

I don't think I really want to know. 8O :lol:

As far as sinker/2-seamer goes, every time I've seen that pitch, it's been called a 2-seamer. Every time I've thrown it, it's been called a 2-seamer. The velocity and movement makes me say it's a 2-seamer, whereas a sinker is usually a tad slower with deeper vertical sink.

But, yeah, as SS said, it's often used interchangeably.

While we're on the subject of slight changes to pitchers, Scott Williamson of the Cubs has been working around 92-94 even touching as high as 96, and he's topping out at 90 on his FB in the game.

Oh, and Ronnie Cedeno deserves to be god-like. <_<

Archived