I need help from MVPEdit vets

D-Unit

i have a question. is it possible to make a created player for myself with mvpedit? like adding a portrait and stuff? and if i can, how can i get mvpedit? whenever i search for it, i just find files that have instructions involving mvpedit.

i know. it was the most room i could fit with the signature rules spacing. i didnt want to get too complicated so i posted what my top 7 lineup would be.

I have also wondered about this. I never tried to figure it out, but I knew it was possible. I know how to create players in MVPEdit, but not so much with the audio, cyberface, and portrait etc. I would very much like to learn. Thanks for the help.

On another note, sometimes after I edit the rosters it won't let me import them, some kind of error message saying too much data? I'm sure that this has been disscussed so I apologize, but is there a way to fix this?

Thanks, but I have read that. I know how to make players in MVPEdit, I would like to know how to do it with some more detail. Such as portraits, cyberfaces, and audio etc. I would like to make a player in MVPEdit who has all the features of a normal player in the game. I would like some help with this, thanks in advance.

I would think you can create the player with either MVPEdit or ingame and then use MVPEdit to assign the photo number and cyberface after you have installed the portrait and cyberface into the portrait.big and models.big.

This is theoretical on my part. Please forgive me or correct me on this.

If you had created a player with a name, you should have the name listed somewhere in MVPEdit (team, free agent, whatever). On the player page will have the photo number. On the appearance page will have the cyberface number. You can make a cyberface (jogar84 tutorial) consisting of c###.fsh, c###.ord, and c###.orl. The corresponding numbers will be your face number. Those three files go in model.big. For the portraits (link), you would have ####.fsh that corresponds with the photo number. This fsh goes into portraits.big. I haven't learned how audio works yet, so I can't help you there.

i still have no idea to open mvpedit in the first place, let alone create a player. i open the database file like the FAQ says, but it says runtime error and then shuts down.

EDIT: fixed that problem, but what file am i supposed to import for the updated rosters? i have tottes newest UR.

if it says runtime error, your mvpedit might be bad....try uninstalling it and then re-download it all over again...Thats what happened to mine when I first started

its fine with that now, but the only file i could import so far was the original mvp2005 rosters, with fake minor league players. i cant find the file to import the current rosters.

Well if you're looking for the .mbe file it's in the downloaded folder from UR. The folder named mbe (a little obvious) contains a .mbe file that you can open. Just put it in your MVPEdit program folder.

i downloaded tottes roster from here.

joeymcm93, do you mean that i copy the .mbe files to the actual mvpedit folder that opens it, and then open the file from there?

Archived