Jackie Jensen "1958 A.L. MVP" Preview

Veesmack

It's just that when I clean up the face it just doesn't compare to the EA Legends textures. Maybe I should implement a "rough skin" template over the existing texture to make it more comparable to the EA Ones. Or does look okay even if doesn't look like EA's "sometimes skin condition/disease looking" (a la Gehrig) players?

I honestly think it looks good as-is now. Of course, that's dependent upon your source material. If photos of him show him with rougher looking skin, then by all means do a rough skin template. Otherwise, he looks great.

how do you make the "rough skin" look?

I was thinking if I were gonna make one, is to take an existing cyberface with the a desired skin pattern and just reuse a specific area that I would use to cover the entire area for skin. Then, I would desaturate the color of the pattern so that it's only black and white. Then I could just make that entire patten's transparency a suitable level that could would create a pseudo skin texture over what I want to really use on the cyberface.

edit: After using the above method, I created a little rough texture "template" and here are the results:

edit2: From the lack of responses, I would I imagine the one without the rougher skin is better. Thanks to all for your advice and comments.

Archived