What do you hit the best

DustinTheWin

i don't have problems until a knuckleballer comes on - then it gets ugly. it usually takes me until the 6th or 7th to get the timing down on it.

as for real life, i was the poster boy for the DH - could pitch like hell but i sure wasn't going to make any "tom emanski" hitting videos...

Righty Batters -

Fastballs up and in (get my hands in and turn on it). Guys like Sheffield and ARod hit a lot of bombs that way.

Hanging Curves or Sliders middle in (when they get around on it, it goes a long way)

Lefty Batters-

Fastballs middle in (I don't know what it is, but any straight fastball in the right hand side of the strike zone will get pulled and 90% of the time for a home run) - Before I knew about this site and datafiles, Tony Womack (when he was still on the Yankees) would be one of my best power hitters because of this... one season he had like 41 HR b/c he would drill any fastball on the inside part of the plate.

Curves and Sliders (I love slapping them the other way with guys like Giambi, Posada and Cano) It produces a lot of doubles down the left field line.

I remember online for the xbox when I used the Yanks, I would crush em with Womack inside. Somthing about that stance.

as for real life, i was the poster boy for the DH - could pitch like hell but i sure wasn't going to make any "tom emanski" hitting videos...

LOL... Tom Emanski Videos... remember its sponsored by Fred McGriff... :lol:

yeah tony womack has a great stance... i was a little upset when the yanks let him go... i didnt want to have to put him on CIN...

damon and matsui are pretty good at doing the same thing... but not even close to what womack was doing... 8O

I remember online for the xbox when I used the Yanks, I would crush em with Womack inside. Somthing about that stance.

Isn't Delgado's stance used in the game for womack?

I definitely hit a fastball or slider the best. I'm surprised everyone seems to hit the changeup the best, because that is by FAR the hardest pitch to hit for me. I get too anxious and swing way too early. Always. I don't play the Twins very much, but when I do, Johan 1 or 2 hits me every time.

Amen brother! I'm having troulbe hitting a really good change-up.

but most of the pitchers i faced has crappy change-up!

Im a left handed batter and I just love hitting curveballs or sliders off righties on the outside part of the plate and low. I just hit them so well (most of them close to the line in left field). A lot of pitchers try not to pitch me away, cos they usually end up as hits. I just need to master the inside part of the plate now. God knows when

Anticipating an inside pitch, I step back off the plate and look in only. If it is power hitter, analog is positioned up and toward the line, and if the pitcher throws a inside pitch other than off speed, it has a a good chance of going out. See the video of The Mick hits it out of Tiger. Everything worked right on that one, power zone, location timing and a sweet inside fastball and Mickey stepped back of the plate looking for that inside pitch.

Now how are you all doing with the knuckleballer who also has a good fastball and slider.

In real life I'm a dead fastball hitter. Anything inside of out over the plate, is like Christmas to me. I hate the outside curve. I use a 34-31 and have no problem getting around on the fastball. In the game I have to say the same exact thing. Anything inside I crush, and outside I usually poke it opposite field. Unless I got someone like Delgado or Wright who can go deep.

why do you use a 32oz bat and how long is the bat?

me? i have no idea why i use a 32oz. but im getting a new bat and changing my swing.

Ya, I Play HS ball, and i use a 34-31 bat and have no problem get around on fastballs. But the fastes ive seen this year is and 85MPH fastball. Not to fast for some of ur guys standards but when your from maine, thats about as fast as you're ganna see. I also play Babe ruth DUnit. Mines 14-16 age group.

my leagues are split like this for babe ruth

13 year old league

14-15 year old league

*16-17 year old league

*18-19 year old league

in the age groups with a * mean the people dont care about baseball at this level. yay for me.

With my power hitters, Jeff Kent and JD Drew, I'm just sitting on that fastball up and in or just in. Just about anything up and in as long as I pick up the location quick, it might just be a round tripper. With Nomar, I'm better at hitting outside sliders and curves for dingers, probably because of his hotzones.

In real life, I like outside pitches.

In the game, fastballs on the inner half. I love to turn on the inside pitch. In real life, cureballs. I love to see the pitchers face after I hit his "strikeout" pitch in the gap.

Archived