Schedule updater

tywiggins

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet!

Thanks a lot!

Would it be possible in the future to be able to select a different starting year?

1961 or 1994 for example..

Worked perfectly. You are really making MVP an absolute joy to play.

Would there be a way to have the players also age one year? For example, Carlos Beltran is still 28 althought it is now starting at 2006.

Worked perfectly. You are really making MVP an absolute joy to play.

Would there be a way to have the players also age one year? For example, Carlos Beltran is still 28 althought it is now starting at 2006.

It does age the players correctly already. I started a new dynasty. Checked Albert Pujols age. He was 25. Then I ran the program. I then checked his age again and he was 26.

Sweet!

Thanks a lot!

Would it be possible in the future to be able to select a different starting year?

1961 or 1994 for example..

I think I can do that. Do you know the dates for the beginning of those seasons?

For both 1994 and 1961 - Sunday 3rd April

(although 10th April was the real start date in 1961 - the season schedule in the 1961 mod starts a week earlier to avoid messing up the dates of the playoffs in October..)

You are correct, it does update the birthdates properly. Beltran's birthday is in April, so he did start the season at 28, and is now 29. Sorry about that.

i just encountered a problem. i hit "Play Today's Game" and it had the little meter with "Simulating Up To Your Game" and it froze at the end. But there is still things going on, like the music playlist pops up when the new song starts, and the little mail inbox thing is moving too.

i just encountered a problem. i hit "Play Today's Game" and it had the little meter with "Simulating Up To Your Game" and it froze at the end. But there is still things going on, like the music playlist pops up when the new song starts, and the little mail inbox thing is moving too.

Same thing here.

what i did to fix that is.. start the new dynasty and ran the schedule changer so the date changed and then immediately saved it (before playing any games).

(when i tried to play it froze just like you)

i shut down MVP and went to the folder where the schedule changer creates "Saving Address.txt" (it gets created when you run it) and i deleted that file. then when i restarted MVP i was able to get past that screen. (You might not have to delete the file, maybe just restart MVP, but this is what i did)

hey ty, i dont know if you know this... but your program does 2 things... it updates the schedule, AND fixes the MVPSavReader problem where the 2005 and 2006 stats get combined. they are now 2 separate years.

i simmed my dynasty through the first 2 months and saved as another file, opened it up and everything was perfect.... great work!! :D

i second that question

Yes you can. The only problem that I see is that the year-by-year career stats will be split up. All of the stats that accumulated before you ran the program would be 2005 stats. And all of the stats that accumulate after you run the program will be 2006 stats. (Minor league batting and pitching stats are only kept in the year-by-year career stats).

How long did you wait after it froze? I just simmed a few games then ran the schedule updater. When I clicked "play today's game" it froze like you said, but it only lasted a few seconds.

what i did to fix that is.. start the new dynasty and ran the schedule changer so the date changed and then immediately saved it (before playing any games).

(when i tried to play it froze just like you)

i shut down MVP and went to the folder where the schedule changer creates "Saving Address.txt" (it gets created when you run it) and i deleted that file. then when i restarted MVP i was able to get past that screen. (You might not have to delete the file, maybe just restart MVP, but this is what i did)

hey ty, i dont know if you know this... but your program does 2 things... it updates the schedule, AND fixes the MVPSavReader problem where the 2005 and 2006 stats get combined. they are now 2 separate years.

i simmed my dynasty through the first 2 months and saved as another file, opened it up and everything was perfect.... great work!! :D

The "savedaddress.txt" file just has a memory address in it. It won't interfere with MVP Baseball. But it can save you some time the next time you run any of my programs.

I think saving and then loading your game would solve the problem as well (instead of shutting down MVP).

The "savedaddress.txt" file just has a memory address in it. It won't interfere with MVP Baseball. But it can save you some time the next time you run any of my programs.

I think saving and then loading your game would solve the problem as well (instead of shutting down MVP).

thanks ty, good call... :D

i waited like three or four minutes.

Try to save your game after you update the schedule, and then load your savedgame.

If that doesn't work, then load your saved game after you restart MVP Baseball.

Archived