Schedule updater

tywiggins

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just quickly started a dynasty to give the schedule updater a shot, and it worked with what you advised me. this is a great job you have done.

Yes you can. The only problem that I see is that the year-by-year career stats will be split up. All of the stats that accumulated before you ran the program would be 2005 stats. And all of the stats that accumulate after you run the program will be 2006 stats. (Minor league batting and pitching stats are only kept in the year-by-year career stats).

So we can run this and it will work in an already started dynasty? I am like 6 games into a dynasty and I don't want to screw it up.

Has anyone tried it and confirmed that it works?

Wow, that works perfectly

Stats and everything are correct

This has improved the 94/61 mods a whole lot

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

The only bad thing about setting the date back to 1961, is that the players will be very young. No one could be older than 13.

Oh right, I forgot about the "1948" limitation thats a shame

but I assume that would only affect the player progression between seasons not the 1961 season itself?

Oh right, I forgot about the "1948" limitation thats a shame

but I assume that would only affect the player progression between seasons not the 1961 season itself?

I think it would only affect progression.

I updated to version 2.

new in version 2: This program gives you 3 options.

1. change the date to April 1st of the year of your choosing.

2. move the date forward by up to 9 days.

3. move the date back by up to 9 days.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=3200

Ty,

Just d/l your file.

Can we just installer "version 2" or do we have to install "version 1" first?

Thanks.

I just installed Hory's 2006 calendar and then applied the schedule updater for the year 2006...my calendar is one day off from the real one (in my dynasty, the A's start the season on Sunday, April 2nd instead of Monday, April 3rd)...is it not possible to start on the correct day or am I missing something?

Ty,

Just d/l your file.

Can we just installer "version 2" or do we have to install "version 1" first?

Thanks.

No, you don't need to use both. If you just want to update your schedule to 2006, then use version 1.

I just installed Hory's 2006 calendar and then applied the schedule updater for the year 2006...my calendar is one day off from the real one (in my dynasty, the A's start the season on Sunday, April 2nd instead of Monday, April 3rd)...is it not possible to start on the correct day or am I missing something?

Then use version 2 to change the date by one day.

(or you could have just used version 1 in the first place)

Can someone give me a quick run through on .NET Framework 2.0?

I thought I downloaded it...but when I tried to run the Sched. Updater...the .exe crashed to the desktop immediately.

I downloaded what I thought was it and I got an extractable folder called "dotnetfx"...

Is this what everyone else downloaded?

The only "problem" I've run across in the Schedule updater or the Import/exporter is that it starts my pitchers rotation back at the 1 spot in the rotation. Small price tp pay for a great program :p

The only "problem" I've run across in the Schedule updater or the Import/exporter is that it starts my pitchers rotation back at the 1 spot in the rotation. Small price tp pay for a great program :p

maxbjr, your avatar puts a smile on my face everytime I see it.

That will be fixed in the next version of the importer and exporter. (I'll get back to that project in about a week, if not before. I'm going to release the final version of my box score extractor before I get back to the importer and exporter.)

Curious, what is this for:

Or rather, why would someone choose to do that. Just curious.

Curious, what is this for:

Or rather, why would someone choose to do that. Just curious.

With option 1, I set the first day of the season to April 1, of the year you choose.

If you want to change the beginning of the season to April 4th, you can do that by running the program again.

This time choose option 2.

Then put in 3 for the number of days.

The first day of the season will now be April 4th.

Ty,

I can't get your updater to work.

I have .NET Framework 2.0 Installed.

Do I have to do anything with .Net 2.0 before installing the updater?

I follow the directions for installing updater version 1.

But nothing happens when I hit the .exe file.

Just a flicker of a dos screen, is all I see.

I need some help.

What is meant by "load a savedgame"?

When you start a new dynasty, how far into the dynasty are you to go before running the updater.exe file?

I've read this complete thread and I just can't get it to work.

Is there anyway you could make things clearer for me?

Thanking you in advance.

Albie -

It sounds like you have everything set up correctly, but you ran into the same mistake that I did at first. You have to start/load the dynasty that you want to advance. Once you get to the main screen in your dynasty, you then minimize the game so that you go back to the desktop or wherever you stored the scheduler file. To minimize the game you can try alt-tab or control-alt-delete, both of these options should take you back to your desktop. While the game is minimized you run the .exe. It should pop up in a dos box and say something along the lines of searching for memory address. The box will then close, at which time you can re-enter the game. Select to advance the day/Play todays game, and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Albie -

It sounds like you have everything set up correctly, but you ran into the same mistake that I did at first. You have to start/load the dynasty that you want to advance. Once you get to the main screen in your dynasty, you then minimize the game so that you go back to the desktop or wherever you stored the scheduler file. To minimize the game you can try alt-tab or control-alt-delete, both of these options should take you back to your desktop. While the game is minimized you run the .exe. It should pop up in a dos box and say something along the lines of searching for memory address. The box will then close, at which time you can re-enter the game. Select to advance the day/Play todays game, and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

That's exactly what I do, but the doz screen is blank and only flickers for a second and disappears.

Any other help.

That's exactly what I do, but the doz screen is blank and only flickers for a second and disappears.

Any other help.

Version 1 of the program closes immediately after it updates the schedule. Go into the game and click schedule to see if it updated the schedule.

The only other reason it would close immediately is if you don't have MVP Baseball 2005 running.

Archived