Schedule updater

tywiggins

Ty,

That just what I do.

I start my dynasty, minimize it to the taskbar.

Double click on updater 1, and all I get is a flicker of a dos screen, that is blank.

Bring the game back up to full screen, and the schedule is still the same. No change of date.

There must be something that I'm not doing right.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ty,

That just what I do.

I start my dynasty, minimize it to the taskbar.

Double click on updater 1, and all I get is a flicker of a dos screen, that is blank.

Bring the game back up to full screen, and the schedule is still the same. No change of date.

There must be something that I'm not doing right.

Hmm. What happens when you run the other version?

Hmm. What happens when you run the other version?

Ty,

The same thing happens with either .exe file.

The files are in my main MVP 2005 folder.

I am using the 2006 Mod version of the game, but that shouldn't make a difference, because that whats you program is for.

.NET Framework 2 was d/l and installed and is listed in my list of programs in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

Do I have to do anything else with .NET 2?

I also have .NET 1.1 listed.

There is something that I'm doing wrong. I've tried everything, but am missing something.

Ty, I understand HOW the updater works, but Hory's 2006 Calender was not available today in the download section. Will the updater still sync up?

Ty,

The same thing happens with either .exe file.

The files are in my main MVP 2005 folder.

I am using the 2006 Mod version of the game, but that shouldn't make a difference, because that whats you program is for.

.NET Framework 2 was d/l and installed and is listed in my list of programs in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

Do I have to do anything else with .NET 2?

I also have .NET 1.1 listed.

There is something that I'm doing wrong. I've tried everything, but am missing something.

It doesn't matter where the files are. I've only used it with the 2006 Mod.

Try unistalling both .NET 2 and .NET 1.1. Then reinstall .NET 2.

Ty, I understand HOW the updater works, but Hory's 2006 Calender was not available today in the download section. Will the updater still sync up?

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=2808

is the download page for Hory's 2006 calendar.

You don't have to use the schedule updater with Hory's calendar though. It can work with any schedule.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=2808

is the download page for Hory's 2006 calendar.

You don't have to use the schedule updater with Hory's calendar though. It can work with any schedule.

Ahh..Gotcha. Thanks Ty. I did this, but I was searching for "calender." I thought someone modded the actual 2005 calender in the game to 2006 calender, and then ran your schedule update.

Thanks for the link.

Ty, ok, I'm getting an error message: "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I downloaded the file, extracted it using winace to a newly created folder. I've got a brand new computer so I wouldn't think it would be .NET framework? Help?

Thanks.

Ty, ok, I'm getting an error message: "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I downloaded the file, extracted it using winace to a newly created folder. I've got a brand new computer so I wouldn't think it would be .NET framework? Help?

Thanks.

That's the error message you get if you don't have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.

It doesn't matter where the files are. I've only used it with the 2006 Mod.

Try unistalling both .NET 2 and .NET 1.1. Then reinstall .NET 2.

TY,

I un-installed both .NET 2 and .NET 1.1, then reinstalled .NET 2.

Same result. A flicker of a blank dos screen. No change to schedule date.

Tried .exe 1 & 2, same result.

I don't know what else to do.

TY,

I un-installed both .NET 2 and .NET 1.1, then reinstalled .NET 2.

Same result. A flicker of a blank dos screen. No change to schedule date.

Tried .exe 1 & 2, same result.

I don't know what else to do.

Did you rename your mvp2005.exe? The program checks if mvp2005 is running. If you renamed it to something else, or mvp2005 is not running, then the program will quit.

Did you rename your mvp2005.exe? The program checks if mvp2005 is running. If you renamed it to something else, or mvp2005 is not running, then the program will quit.

Thanks Ty, that was the trick.

I had renamed the mvp2005.exe to 2006, to reflect all the changes in the mod and to reflect the 2006 playing season.

I have sent you a personal email.

Thanks again. I greatly appreciate your help.

Albie

That's the error message you get if you don't have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I guess I shouldn't have assumed a new computer has .NET 2.0. We all know what happens when you "assume!"

• 3 weeks later...

This is really great tool. I really love it, but there is a slight problem though.

I start a new dynasty. Save the game. Run the schedule updater to change the year to 2006. Everything is great. But, if you check the SF Giants roster, Matt Morris's statistics are completely crazed out. His stamina is always 0/50 and the different pitch selections that he had before is gone and it has a basic 4 pitches.

This is the problem only with 2 players (as far as I know).

Matt Morris and Shane Reynolds. Shane Reynold's picture is gone and he has got no power or contact what so ever (everthing is at zero).

This is really great tool. I really love it, but there is a slight problem though.

I start a new dynasty. Save the game. Run the schedule updater to change the year to 2006. Everything is great. But, if you check the SF Giants roster, Matt Morris's statistics are completely crazed out. His stamina is always 0/50 and the different pitch selections that he had before is gone and it has a basic 4 pitches.

This is the problem only with 2 players (as far as I know).

Matt Morris and Shane Reynolds. Shane Reynold's picture is gone and he has got no power or contact what so ever (everthing is at zero).

Did you check their attributes before you ran the program? This program should not affect any player attributes. The date for every game on the scheudule is the only thing that gets changed. Players get a year older because the game automatically changes the date to the next day with a game scheduled.

Did you check their attributes before you ran the program? This program should not affect any player attributes. The date for every game on the scheudule is the only thing that gets changed. Players get a year older because the game automatically changes the date to the next day with a game scheduled.

I did check their attributes before the program was run. I even played an exhibition game with Matt Morris pitching before I ran the program. Everything is perfect. I mean, even their age is correct and their stats from 05 are also updated properly.

I double checked again and I can only find something wrong with these two players. I think Reynolds is in the free agent pool when the season begins and ofcourse Morris is with SF.

I completely reinstalled the roster (used UR6.5) and ran the schedule updater and it worked fine. Morris and Reynolds were ok.

But Ty, here is another problem. I downloaded the program that allows me to put players on the DL. I exported the file and put Clemens on DL in the extra file. Went back into the game and it worked good (Clemens was on the DL). I then checked up on Morris and Reynolds, they both had the problems back up again.

I guess it is the DL program. Sorry about the confusion. I guess I should start posting about this topic under the dat exporter importer topic.

FF2009, thanks.

• 1 year later...

I've used this program for a while with no problem, but I've recently had problems getting it to work on my Vista install. I've had it work recently, I have Netframework 2.0 installed and I have not changed the name of the executable. The window opens and closes no options and no error message. Hoping someone can help me. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Am I correct that this tool will adjust the player ages to reflect 2009? I can get the calendar year to 2009 but the player ages stay the same even if I tell the program to adjust them. I am using KG's latest roster file.

Any suggestions or help?

Archived