Playoffs creator

tywiggins

This program changes the MLB playoff schedule. It let's you choose between 2, 4, and a 8 team playoffs, and lets you pick the teams. You can pick teams from the minors if you wish. They will be swapped with the major league team so that you can play the games. If you pick a minor league team, and they were in the minor league playoffs, then the "original" major league team will replace them in the minor league playoffs.

The program also asks you which team you want to control, and then gives you control of that team.

Read the readme for more information.

Thanks to AlexTony for the idea.

AlexTony, I don't have Total Classics yet, so could you (or anyone) tell me how it works with Total Classics. Basically, what I'm not sure about is when the program gives you control of the team. I'm not sure if the organization ids were changed.

I'll hold off on putting it in the downloads section until I'm sure it works right with Total Classics.

Note: You need .NET Framework 2.0 installed for this program to work.

Get it from microsoft.com/downloads

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the amount of resoures, great modders and enthusiasts that are on this site, we could create our own baseball game from scratch. I'm sure of it. Someone get a multi-million dollar donation from a oil merchant, blow up Take 2 (thus rendering that damn MLB/Take 2 agreement dead and buried), and we could have the best baseball game ever created.

Anyway, enough rambling. Nice job, Ty!

With the amount of resoures, great modders and enthusiasts that are on this site, we could create our own baseball game from scratch. I'm sure of it. Someone get a multi-million dollar donation from a oil merchant, blow up Take 2 (thus rendering that damn MLB/Take 2 agreement dead and buried), and we could have the best baseball game ever created.

It might be a little simpler to just make a deal with Take2. :)

Thank you all for your compliments.

Deal with the devil? Never! :twisted:

I blame EA and MLB more than I blame Take2.

EA could have payed more to get the exclusive contract. Also they could have released the NCAA version for PC.

MLB should have taken into account the quality of the baseball games that the companies make before they gave anyone an exclusive contract.

That's very true. Given MLB's track record, though, it's becoming more and more evident that they don't care about anything as long as it isn't spelled "P-R-O-F-I-T", which is a shame.

ThanK You tywiggins from Team Classics!

This is something else that helps add greatly to the TC mod

Now we can all re play a great series between teams

or even have a best of seven series between two of the

great TC teams. (ex. '75 Reds vs '27 NYY or '55 Dodgers

vs '74 A's, etc. simply endless)

Though I will have to learn how this works : )

ThanK You tywiggins from Team Classics!

This is something else that helps add greatly to the TC mod

Now we can all re play a great series between teams

or even have a best of seven series between two of the

great TC teams. (ex. '75 Reds vs '27 NYY or '55 Dodgers

vs '74 A's, etc. simply endless)

Though I will have to learn how this works : )

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems.

Hey, just a thought, sort of related to this playoff changer

I was looking around in the exe and apparently there are shortcuts to enable various things

Is it possible to access some of these functions?

Verify Database Draw Frame Rate Graph   Enable Pad Recording	Override Staff Attribs  Override Staff Enable   Overriden Sky Index Override Sky Variation  Overriden Field Index   Override Field Variation	Show Xbox Safe Zone Show Debug Text Make All Players Free Agents	Cpu Budget Adjustment Percent   Email SubMenu   Injure Players Frequently   Show Debug Player Happiness Info	Enable Audio EVLOG  ODM Stress Test (Main Menu Only)	Run Player Progression (Dynasty Only)   Add Points  MVP Points  Unlock All Unlockables  Force Momentum Value	Force Momentum  Use Debug In-Game   Franchise Soak Test Override Manager Rating User Team   Test Team   Trade Deadline  Cpu-Initiated Trades	Fair Trades Game Impact Manager Rating  Budgets Owner Mode Tuning   Happiness Tuning	Shortcut To Off-Season  Play Transition Anim	Perform Database Dump   Owner Mode Sim Tool Sim Log Tuning  Perform UncompressedRosterDump  Perform RosterDump  Perform Apt Mem Class Dump  Perform Beast Mem Class Dump	Perform FE Mem Class Dump   Perform Memory Dump Current Load Time   Owner Bank Balance  Show FPS	Simulate BACK   Next Song   Reload Layouts (Enter/Exit the screen!)  Stat Pumper (Franchise Only)

Hey, just a thought, sort of related to this playoff changer

I was looking around in the exe and apparently there are shortcuts to enable various things

Is it possible to access some of these functions?

Verify Database Draw Frame Rate Graph   Enable Pad Recording	Override Staff Attribs  Override Staff Enable   Overriden Sky Index Override Sky Variation  Overriden Field Index   Override Field Variation	Show Xbox Safe Zone Show Debug Text Make All Players Free Agents	Cpu Budget Adjustment Percent   Email SubMenu   Injure Players Frequently   Show Debug Player Happiness Info	Enable Audio EVLOG  ODM Stress Test (Main Menu Only)	Run Player Progression (Dynasty Only)   Add Points  MVP Points  Unlock All Unlockables  Force Momentum Value	Force Momentum  Use Debug In-Game   Franchise Soak Test Override Manager Rating User Team   Test Team   Trade Deadline  Cpu-Initiated Trades	Fair Trades Game Impact Manager Rating  Budgets Owner Mode Tuning   Happiness Tuning	Shortcut To Off-Season  Play Transition Anim	Perform Database Dump   Owner Mode Sim Tool Sim Log Tuning  Perform UncompressedRosterDump  Perform RosterDump  Perform Apt Mem Class Dump  Perform Beast Mem Class Dump	Perform FE Mem Class Dump   Perform Memory Dump Current Load Time   Owner Bank Balance  Show FPS	Simulate BACK   Next Song   Reload Layouts (Enter/Exit the screen!)  Stat Pumper (Franchise Only)

I have no idea.

[align=center]I absolutely agree !!![/align] :D

• 1 month later...

tywiggins,

I have exercised your Playoffs Creator tool and it worked faultlessly according to instructions.

Man! Your tools are truly amazing and have added brand new expansive capabilities that take this game to a "Much Higher" Level.

I think my personal "Tools Hall of Fame" modders which previously were RGlass, FuzZone, Krawhitham now certainly includes Ty the TERRIFIC Wizard Wiggins!!!

Thanks Ty,

Don

Don't think it's been uploaded to MVPMods but it can be downloaded from the 1st post in this thread. & Most Important ------ It WORKS !!!

Now if someone could only make a tool that forces 4 Man Rotations my entire original Wish List going all the way back to MVP2004 would be complete!!!

Us Total Classic Guys are gettin' down & dirty doin' sum Real Groovin' these Days !

This just Gotta Be "IOWA" ...................... Never thought a Baseball game for Oldtime enthusiast would reach this point !!!

So Many to "THANK" !!!

1967 is just around the corner !!! Yaz doin' his coveted Triple Crown Act Again !!!

They called it "The Great Race" with 4 teams battling through the final week with the American League Flag at stake. Minnesota entered the final weekend 1 game up on Boston & Detroit afte Chicago dropped out during the end of that week. What a weekend of Baseball that was!

Oh how those Yankee fans will suffer through this one with their 9th place finish - finishing 72-90 and 20 games out with Mantle suffering through the eve of his Swan Song Season batting .245 with only 22 homers as his knees kept him from roaming the green grasses of Yankee Stadium's outfield and forcing him to cover 1st Base through the whole season ................... but those dismal numbers were better than he would post in his final season the next year.

Don

It won't work for me.

I simulated the season, and minimized the game when I got to the playoffs. I clicked the exe and got the following message:

C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopplayoffscreatorPlayoffsCreator.exe

The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I have no idea what that means. I re-downloaded the file and saved it in a different location, and I got the same error message. Can you help?

FightingBillini,

You may need:

Note: You need .NET Framework 2.0 installed for this program to work.

Get it from microsoft.com/downloads

HardcoreLegend,

You execute this program once you have entered the 1st Round of the Playoffs screen.

There are scenarios of when to execute it depending on the number of Teams you select to be in the Playoffs such as 2, 4, or 8 Teams. Those situations are described in the Readme.txt file as well.

Don

Now if someone could only make a tool that forces 4 Man Rotations my entire original Wish List going all the way back to MVP2004 would be complete!!!

I want 40-man rosters so the CPU won't keep sending MLB relievers to A-ball. And for MLB contracts they would have to place the guy on waivers or trade them to take them off it. As well as the options thing so you can only send guys down during their option years without waivers. The whole CPU optimizing just ruins the dynasty experience.

Archived