Playoffs creator

tywiggins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too select a 2 team playoff you must select your 2 teams at the very beginning of the Playoffs.

It will add 2 other teams automatically so there are 4 teams each with byes.

You then advance to the next level of playoffs. Then you select your 2 teams again and they each will have byes.

You then advance to the next level of playoffs which would be the World Series and your 2 teams are now competing in the World Series against each other.

Hope this helps. Read at the bottom of his instructions. That is were it explains this.

• 2 months later...

I sim the season and get to the screen where it says "sim entire playoffs" since the team I simmed with didn't make it. I minimize and run the program. I can select the teams, choosing 8 and choosing the team I want to control, go back to the screen and "sim entire playoffs" is still there. I click on it and crash back to desktop. Do I need to click on "sim playoffs" first and then run program?

Also, when choosing 8 teams, is it #1 @ #2, etc. or vice versa?

The team you control must make the playoffs. In order to make certain you can sim up to the last day that has at least 1 game remaining then use tywiggins Team switcher to select a team that will be in the final 8 teams that make the playoff ---- otherwise what you describe above happens ...............

I sim the season and get to the screen where it says "sim entire playoffs" since the team I simmed with didn't make it. I minimize and run the program. I can select the teams, choosing 8 and choosing the team I want to control, go back to the screen and "sim entire playoffs" is still there. I click on it and crash back to desktop. Do I need to click on "sim playoffs" first and then run program?

Also, when choosing 8 teams, is it #1 @ #2, etc. or vice versa?

Click on anything but "sim entire playoffs" and then click back, that is what I did. My team did not make it to the playoff and I had no problems

I kept getting the one game playoff needed screen and it would hang on the MLB one. I ran the playoff scheduler because of the hang. It then went to the screen where you could choose sim entire playoffs, instead, I simply looked at one of the teams making the playoffs and picked them in the team changer. As soon as I went back to the game and tried to scroll between the MLB and minor league teams, it crashes again. Also, when I try to save the dynasty before getting into the team changer stuff, the save dynasty choice is greyed out. I'm using UR 8.0 SE rosters. Is this a potential problem?

Guest JWClubbie

I want 40-man rosters so the CPU won't keep sending MLB relievers to A-ball. And for MLB contracts they would have to place the guy on waivers or trade them to take them off it. As well as the options thing so you can only send guys down during their option years without waivers. The whole CPU optimizing just ruins the dynasty experience.

Their has got to ba way to add 40-man rosters in sept. I wonder what issues stand in front of this.....

So, check that, I'm having some pretty critical issues here. I don't know if it's just the way I'm trying to do it, but the game is not recording any of the games I play with the playoff creator. I'm trying to play teams from varied leagues in TC6, i.e. mlb through CLS-3, but after I finish a game the playoff tree is messed up.

Is it because I'm playing teams across different leagues, or have other people had these issues with same-league situations?

So, check that, I'm having some pretty critical issues here. I don't know if it's just the way I'm trying to do it, but the game is not recording any of the games I play with the playoff creator. I'm trying to play teams from varied leagues in TC6, i.e. mlb through CLS-3, but after I finish a game the playoff tree is messed up.

Is it because I'm playing teams across different leagues, or have other people had these issues with same-league situations?

Have you tried to look at the minor league playoff trees and then going back to the majors playoff tree?

Have you tried to look at the minor league playoff trees and then going back to the majors playoff tree?

Yeah, I've tried all of that, but it just doesn't work going across leagues. I just tried it within MLB, and it worked flawlessly. I'm going to dive into the classics thread and figure out how to move teams around within TC6 so I can get it working fully.

Sorry Ty Wiggins, but I'm having all sorts of problems with this program. Sometimes it don't stop asking me what teams I want in the playoff, other times when I type a number of a team it says incorrect number (or something) and just quits, and now it automatically quits.

Could anyone help me out here?

Just downloaded it- great job. One quick question- I am trying to set up DET at OAK and NYM at STL, and I always get home/away wrong, not matter the order. It must just go from reg season records or something? But that would put the Mets at home, with the updated records I downloaded.

Not a huge deal, I am loving it anyway!

Just downloaded it- great job. One quick question- I am trying to set up DET at OAK and NYM at STL, and I always get home/away wrong, not matter the order. It must just go from reg season records or something? But that would put the Mets at home, with the updated records I downloaded.

Not a huge deal, I am loving it anyway!

Could you send me the dynasty?

My mail: emil_fjellvang@hotmail.com

ty-

Is it possible to modify the playoff creator to let you create A, AA and AAA playoffs instead of just mlb? Obviously moving teams around within the game is really difficult, and I think this is the only way we're really going to make it happen for TC. There are enough old-ish teams in A->AAA that I think I can do intra-division playoffs and have it work.

Is it even possible?

ty-

Is it possible to modify the playoff creator to let you create A, AA and AAA playoffs instead of just mlb? Obviously moving teams around within the game is really difficult, and I think this is the only way we're really going to make it happen for TC. There are enough old-ish teams in A->AAA that I think I can do intra-division playoffs and have it work.

Is it even possible?

It's possible. I'm kind of busy right now with my MVP2005 Editor. So, I won't get to it for a while. If somebody knows C++, I can give you the source code for the playoffs creator.

• 2 months later...

Click on anything but "sim entire playoffs" and then click back, that is what I did. My team did not make it to the playoff and I had no problems

Didn't work....still crashed to desktop. I simmed a season up to the last game of the year and saved it as a base file (so I wouldn't have to go through the entire year again). Then I used the Team Changer mod to change to a team that was definitely making the playoffs and used it to change to the team I wanted plus the other playoff teams, of course. Apparently first 4 teams are the AL contenders and second 4 for the NL. But at least it seems to work now! Nice mod(s).!!!

• 1 year later...

Archived