Do Myspace pro's hang out here?

thespungo

If you know your way around Myspace, I'm asking for your help. I'm working on my second DIV layout and I've run into a problem. I posted this at a Myspace forum, but I thought I'd give this place a shot, too, since alot of us do web-graphics as well as video game graphics.

Hey, I just started work on my newest DIV layout, and I've encountered an early problem -- I can't erase the "XXXX's Friend Space," "XXXX has XX friends," and "XXXX's Friend Comments."

I'll leave my profile un-touched for the rest of the day so some of you could possibly take a look at it -- http://www.myspace.com/jessealkire

I've tried all sorts of codes, but I'm either too inexperienced to realize I'm using the wrong codes, or there is something else in my code that is not permitting me to hide those certain things. Here is an example of a code I used that did not effectively hide one of those three things I listed above:

.comt td b {visibility:hidden; display:block; position:relative; top: -45px; text-align: center;}

If it will provide any help, here is the code in my "Interests" section:

<style type="text/css">

body {background-color:white; background-image:url("http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g16/thespungo/div-background-shadow.jpg"); background-repeat:repeat; background-position:center center; background-attachment:fixed;}

td, .text, div, input {color:ffffff !important;}

a {color:0066cc !important;} img {border:0px;}

table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0px;}

.navbar {visibility:visibile !important;}

table table table td {visibility:hidden;}

marquee, table table table div td {visibility:visible;}

table div div, table tr td div font a {visibility:hidden;}

.bbzComment { This is where you control the position of the player. }

table table embed {display:block; width:202px; height:35px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; visibility:visible;}

table table table embed,  .bbzContainer div embed {position:static !important; width:auto; height:auto; }

.text, table table table table a,

table table table table div,.frm1 {visibility:hidden;} 

table table table table div a, .frm1 input {visibility:visible;}

.bbzComment { You selected to show comments. }

.herpe { You selected to hide friends. } background-color:transparent!important; border:0px!important; _padding:2px!important;} .comt, .comt td, .comt table, .comt td a img, .comt td td td a, .comt td b, .comt td .redlink{visibility:visible;} .comt td td td b{top:0px; display:inline;} .comt td td td table, .comt .orangetext15, .redlink, .comt .btext, .rid, .frnd{display:none;} .comt td b, .blacktext10 {display:block;} .comt {z-index:7;}

.comt table, .comt b {position:relative; top:-50px; _top:-30px;}

.herpe { This is where you control your top8 and comment position. }

.comt {

visibility: visible; position:absolute; left:50%; top:0%;  overflow:none; width:800px; height:auto;

border:1px solid; border-color:ffffff;

margin-top:800px; margin-left:-400px; background-color:000000;

}

.comt span, .comt b {color:ffffff !important; visibility:visible !important; display:inline !important; }

.div3 {

background-color:000000; color:ffffff;

width:800px; height:100px; overflow:auto;

position:absolute; z-index:2; left:50%; top:0%;

margin-left:-400px; margin-top:150px; text-align:center;

visibility:visible;}

.div0 {

width:800px; height:100px; overflow:auto;

margin-left:-400px; margin-top:690px; text-align:center;

.div1 {

width:580px; height:400px; overflow:auto;

margin-left:-400px; margin-top:270px; text-align:center;

.div2 {

width:200px; height:400px; overflow:auto;

margin-left:200px; margin-top:270px; text-align:center;

</style>

<div class="frm1"><table><tr><td><table><tr><td><table><tr><td>

Once this is done, I think the rest of the way should be pretty easy for me. I also plan on putting my top 16 friends list in 'div0,' not sure if that will prohibit me from effectively hiding those three things.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help, I'll really appreciate it...

And if you're curious, this is the Photoshop rendering of my page when it's completely done --

newnewjesseblue36nv.th.jpg

I don't have a MySpace, so I wouldn't know, but the layout looks good. That text isn't gonna be what it actually is though, is it? Because it doesn't really make sense at the moment.

I don't have a MySpace, so I wouldn't know, but the layout looks good. That text isn't gonna be what it actually is though, is it? Because it doesn't really make sense at the moment.

i'm guessing you did it in photoshop and the text got scrambled in the tweaking of the image? or it's some kind of a "Spungo-vinci code" telling us where to find Greinke's sanity - since he went and lost it?

i'm guessing you did it in photoshop and the text got scrambled in the tweaking of the image? or it's some kind of a "Spungo-vinci code" telling us where to find Greinke's sanity - since he went and lost it?

Alright, you caught me. So I'm Dan Brown and in between books I make catcher's gear and Royals mods. Now you keep my secret or else I'll send some albino monks after you...

I appreciate the replies; hopefully enough people will see this and maybe even a few will know some answers.

But as for now, I'm jetting off to Milan, to continue my attack on the Vatican! Arrivederci!

UPDATE!

I was able to hide a few of things I wanted to go away, but I still can't figure out how to hide the jumbled mess above the comments. (http://www.myspace.com/jessealkire)

If anyone knows about MySpace, HTML, CSS, or whatever, please lend a helping hand!

I'm not really into myspace, but it's been mentioned on digg a few times, have you tried these hacks: keegan jones or mike davidson or eston bond or derek 5thirtyone.

WOW, those were some really cool links, Five. Those guys are way awesome! I use to be content with my new profile, but now after seeing those links, I'm striving for more perfection.

Thanks alot Five. Now I'm back to the drawing board...

By the by, I solved all the problems I was having with my page and it should be finished by tonight. Thanks for the replies, though!

I guess I've solved my other problems, but two big ones have popped up.

Can anyone tell me why the link bar buttons look neat and orderly in Firefox, but they don't in Internet Explorer?

And can anyone tell me why the comments fill up the entire page in Internet Explorer, but they are cramped in Firefox?

And does anyone have a handgun I can borrow?

that looks really great! i want to do something like that to my page but i cant really find out the DIV overlayes and CSS codes, care to help?

My Page

Sorry, it took me long enough to do mine and I'm way too frustrated to go start another. There are websites that actually charge people to sweeten up their MySpace pages, and I can see why, as it's alot of work.

Just Google 'MySpace DIV' or something like that and alot of the coding websites will pop up.

Archived