What is your favorite stadium?

angryrat

I'm a life long white sox fan from Chicago, but I've always been interested in visiting other fields and am curious on the opinions of other parks from people who visit stadiums that aren't of their favorite team.

I just got back from a short road trip to Pittsburgh, PNC park to watch my White Sox beat the Pirates on Wednesday and it was my 1st chance to watch a game in a different ballpark. It was awesome, and thought others might be interested in sharing their experiences at other parks, maybe to inspire future trips.

PS... PNC Park is great for watching the game, The seats give great views of the action, and are comfortable. The park is in an awesome location, downtown Pittsburgh with a nice backdrop of the city, and everybody in Pittsburgh was very friendly.... however, I've never experienced more annoying vendors at any sporting event I've ever been too. They are non stop yelling in your ears.

I'm a Red Sox fan, so that disqualifies me from mentioning Fenway.

1). PNC Park, Pirates

2). Citizens Bank Park, Phillies

3). Camden Yards, Orioles

4). US Cellular Field, White Sox

5). Wrigley Field, Cubs

6). Yankee Stadium, Yankees

7). Angel Stadium 1995, Angels

An explanation about a couple of these. Camden Yards is theoretically better than CBP, but I get the same feeling there as I did on early Batman: The Ride coasters, that this once was state of the art, but there have clearly been improvements made since then. The area outside is still flawless, but the actual design of the lower deck is sloppy and too claustrophobic. Having a narrow stairway lead to 10 or so rows of seating is unnecessary and constricting. Plus, I've just had a ton of great experiences at CBP.

Wrigley and Yankee Stadium were classics that didn't really have that much charm. US Cellular, on the other hand, is one of the most underrated parks in the bigs, just as long as you can put up with the weak sightlines. The lower deck of US Cell is a tremendous place to watch a game, and the upper deck was actually pretty nice before the White Sox suddenly got fans last season.

Anaheim Stadium was just plain horrendous. I've got nothing positive to say about that, except that tickets were plentiful. Thank god they remodeled that.

well said on many parts. The Batman ride reference is understood completely. And I agree about US Cellular before people started showing up it was great being a Sox fan because you could sneak down into the Season ticket holder seats behind home plate so easily. Now you can get stuck with pretty poor seats.

I guess I did forget to mention that I've been too Wrigley and old Milwaukee County Stadium. One doesn't exist anymore, and the other is a hassle to watch a game from... though it has that classic baseball feel.

Well I have only seen the following stadiums, so I'll put them in order:

1-Wrigley Field

2- Fenway

3- Shea

4- CBP

5- Yankee Stadium

I HAVE A BASEBALL CURSE OF MY OWN

Iv've only been to two stadiums, Mcafee Coliseum for the A's and good ole' Chavez Ravine. I've been to 2 A's games over the past 2 years and perhaps 4 Dodgers games spread out over the past 10, and unbelievably I have NEVER seen the home team win.

On top of that, my first game about 10 yrs ago was at Dodger Stadium. The score was tied 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth, when the opposing team (forgot who it was) scored on a controversial play at home. That night happened to be ball give away night, and the right field foul territory fans with whom I was sitting with began to get real rowdy. Dozens of fans began throwing their balls on the field, and the ones who didn't gave their ball to a burly gentlemen who was the "designated hurler" I guess.. The ump called the game right then and there, before the bottom of the ninth--Dodgers had to forfeit! I heard after that day they no longer have ball giveaway night.

The two games I went to for the A's: Pedro (with the Red Sox then) threw a complete game shutout in an 8-0 win over Oakland. The other was last year, the day the Angels eliminated the A's from the playoffs. Perhaps I should just watch baseball on TV if I want my teams (LA and OAK) to win..

Back to the subject, I love Dodger Stadium. I've never been in a "modern" stadium, so between the two I've been in Mcafee looks really poor in comparison. The moment you walk into Dodger Stadium there is an indescribable feeling of history and grandness; whereas with the Coliseum you notice a rundown football field that is accommodating a baseball stadium. Just my thoughts..

Hello!.

My fav of parks ive visited:

1)Safeco Field,Seattle

2)PNC Park,Pittsburgh

3)Petco Park,San Diego

4)Great American Ballpark,Cincinnati

5)Kauffman Stadium,Kansas

Peace!

I've never been to any other than Rogers Centre, but from watching on TV, I love the look of the Ball Park in Arlington. It looks so elegant,.

[The moment you walk into Dodger Stadium there is an indescribable feeling of history and grandness.

I get that same feeling everytime I visit Yankee Stadium (about once a year). As I walk through the stadium and the field finally comes into view, I'm always in awe and can't help but look around and think about all the legendary players who played there. It's a feeling that never gets old.... :D

The only other parks I've ever been to are Fenway and Shea Stadium (and the last time I was at Shea was in 1973 as a 12 year-old!). One of my goals is to see a game at Wrigley some day.

Now Mark, there are other teams out there than just the Thunder. :lol:

Absolutely!

There are the Columbus Clippers, Staten Island Yankees, Tampa Yankees, Gulf Coast Yankees, Charleston Riverdogs -- all of them breeding grounds for future Yankees stars.... :D

Yankee Stadium is always good

Once I went to a Yank-Sox game at Fenway, got a couple of Monster seats. Easily the best seats in baseball! You are right on top of the action, you get good vision, its great.

Hi guys,

I'm a baseball fan from France. i go to the US for business or leasure at least once a year. And each time i try to go to baseball game. Here are my favorites stadium that i've visited.

1: WRIGLEY FIELD

2: FENWAY

3: YANKEE STADIUM

4: SAFECO FIELD

5: FORMER BUSH STADIUM

PNC Park

Miller Park

County Stadium

Those are the only ballparks I have ever been in(Seen a bunch tho). Plan to go to Ohio one these days and see a game.

im a huge met fan. ive been to shea(of course), tiger stadium, fenway, yankee stadium. ive always wanted to go to

1)Wrigley

2)Minuet maid

3)Tropicana Feild

4)PNC Park

5)Safeco

My favorite ballpark is obiviously Fenway Park. Then comes Yankee Stadium and then AT&T Park. Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium because of its history, and its location. When players go out onto the field, they feel surrounded by the fans because the proximity is extremely close. Also, both stadiums have fans that are elctrically charged. Its always a packed house in both those places and the atmosphere is just amazing. ESPN was telecasting one of the Yankees - Red Sox games that happened earlier this season and my god the atmosphere was extremely similar to playoff atmosphere. Truly amazing.

I also like AT&T park just because of its beauty. Its truly a wonderful place with the bay area and great weather.

Archived