Washington Nationals- A Blast From The Past

DustinTheWin

7fc82100a8.jpg

Washington Nationals Press Release

Today, In a stunning move, The Washington Nationals fired GM Jim Bowden. Sources have said that the new GM may be Former Red Sox player, Ellis Burks.

40571a6416.jpg

GM Ellis Burks wastes no time while pulling the trigger on many pre-season trades.

-SP Brian Lawrence to St. Louis for SP Jeff Suppan

-1B Nick Johnson, OF Jose Guillen, SP Jon Rauch and SP Pedro Astacio to Tampa Bay for OF Rocco Baldelli, OF Carl Crawford, and SP Scott Kazmir

-SP Zach Day, CF Marlon Byrd, P Gary Majewski and SP Michael O'Conner to Boston for P Craig Hanson, P Manny Delcarmen, OF Adam Stern, and SP Abe Alvarez

-OF Ryan Church to Milwakee for 1B Prince Fielder

-SP Ramon Ortiz, SP Ryan Drese, and CF Brandon Watson to Minnesota for C Joe Mauer and SP Kyle Lohse

40571a6416.jpg

Nationals have announced the opening day line-up. This season the Nationals have a good line-up top to bottom, there are no holes and the pitching looks to be solid, If the pitching can hold up, you can expect the Nationals to be in the playoff hunt

SS C. Guzman

CF C. Crawford

LF A. Soriano

RF R. Baldelli

C J. Mauer

1B P. Fielder

2B J. Vidro

3B R. Zimmerman

DH A. Stern/Pitcher

Starting Pitching

L. Hernandez

J. Patterson

J. Suppan

S. Kazmir

A. Alvarez

Mop-Up

K. Lohse

RP

C. Cordero

C. Hanson

Felix Rodrigez

M. Stanton

SU

L. Ayala

Closer

M. Delcarmen

Should be pretty awesome, you have some really great young pitchers in there (and Livo), and your hitting should be beastly, with Crawford, Soriano, Mauer, Prince and Dutch. I'll look forward to reading this!

why didn't u just go for a fantasy draft if u were gonna trade 2/3 of the team?

I liek what i did, i have no idea how the computer did some of those trades, but my goal was to make the team better, and i did

40571a6416.jpg

Washington Nationals @ New York Mets

Livan Hernandez pitches a gem but releiver craig hanson could not hold the lead. Hernandez pitched 7 strong giving up one run but only got one strikeout. The Nats had a 2-1 lead going into the 8th when Craig hanson came in, he gave up one run in the eighth and give up a walk-off rbi single in the ninth. Mets win 3-2

Notes-

Baldelli 2-4 with 2 rbi

e971c65218.jpg

(0-2)

Washington Nationals @ New York Mets

The Nats go into extras but the relief pitching fails again. Felix Rodrigez gave up a 2-run walkoff homer to the Mets in the botom of the 13th as the Mets win in extras, 5-3. Relief pitching has been a weakness of the team while the starters have been stellar so far. John Patterson (below) pitched 7 strong while giving up 2 runs and getting 4 K's. Mike Stanton has been to only solid releif pitcher, in the game he pitched 4 innings and gave up no runs.

0134828739.jpg

-Other Notes

Joe Mauer (below) hit his first homer of the year. He had 2 rbi.

4878a1e5e3.jpg

Archived