Solution for lag problem

cornny

I think I finally found out, the lag problem is due to the inconsecutive data on your Hard Disk. Try to recombine your HD data with something like "Perfct Disk" or Windows "Disk Defragmentor", see if it has become better,

if that still can't satisfy you, try this way as I did:

1.Have a copie of you MVP folder on other disk, also the folder in Mydocuments, which contains your .sav files.

2.uninstall MVP05, delete all files and folders for MVP

3.install again and install official patches.

4.move some files back from your copie :

.sav files

models.big

uniforms.big

portraits.big

stadium folder

and install all mods you need.

Because we installed mods long time seperatedly, the files become inconsecutive on our HD, if we install all mods in one time, the data can be consecutive.

edit: correct name for Disk Defragmentor, thanks Fred13.

wouldn't disk defragmentor do the same thing?

Yes, "Disk Defragmentor", that's what I meant by saying "Winidows defualt program". As you know I'm using a Chinese Edition XP. :D

Guys, not that it matters, but is seems eveybody here is spelling it wrong. It's disk defragmenter.

Btw... with windows XP, defragmenting is not really that much of an issue, because windows itself happens to handle the files pretty well. Also, most people use faster hard drives (7200 rpm or more) these days. Hence it's not an issue anyway. (Just some heads up info from somebody who builds computers.)

More important may be cleaning out your cache periodically. Windows stores files unnecessarily that can actually slow down your hard drive performance.

Also going with at least 1 gig of ram can really boost performance. More than 1 gig though is overkill & may actually decrease performance. (unless you are running graphic intensive software)

Another piece of advice is to check your computer periodically for spyware or adware. (& cleaning it out if anything is found) Beware though, that if you disable some adware from certain programs, that program may cease to function properly or perhaps completely.

My final point is, it can't hurt to defrag. So if somebody wants to take the time to do it, go for it.

Great addings big shmooz.

My hard drive is 7200 rpm, but it still lag after a long time keeping add mods, and after my reinstalling, it truly become smooth, that's the major point I want to share.

Found a quick way: Recently we're all keep updating portraits.big, if you feel the game is lag, just move portraits.big to another disk and then copy&paste back to replace. Became much better for me, you guys can try it.

If you want to clean up useless temp files and the sort, download Crap Cleaner

Link:

www.ccleaner.com

Yeh, I always clean up dump files before defragmenting. Great tool thanks.

Archived