Sal Fasano Cyberface

bigball12

i dont use MVPedit. I cant it says that it cant import that much data to the selected field when i go to extract databae. and i dont want reinstall ur 7.0 because my rosters are 100% accurate.

Well, check out MarkB's FAQ for how to use MVPEdit. I know exactly what you're doing wrong, but you'll learn more if you read the FAQ and figure it out that way.

You beat me to it KG. MarkB's FAQ is a great thing. Read that in the MVP 2005 General forum section.

i dont use MVPedit. I cant it says that it cant import that much data to the selected field when i go to extract databae. and i dont want reinstall ur 7.0 because my rosters are 100% accurate.

Then your not gonna be able too use cybersface that are assigned with a different ID's. Thats the only way you are gonna get the cyberfaces or portraits too work.

if you guys are subtily telling me that i have to reset my roster I am gonna have to say no. but if not than I dont see what your talking about because I read the entire thing 3 times!

Thome25... I don't mean to offend but telling him that the only way to do it is via mvpedit is incorrect. In fact you can open the .dat file in wordpad or something similar & edit the info there.

Let's use Sal Fasano as our example here. You open up the attrib.dat file in notepad.

Here is what it looks like..

0ae627420,0 Sal,1 Fasano,2 13,3 0,4 0,5 1,6 2,7 26,8 145,9 33,10 169,11 0,12 2,13 5,14 5,15 1,16 261,17 1,18 4,19 4,20 1,21 5,22 41,23 10,24 8,25 10,26 8,27 8,28 18,29 0,30 0,31 1,32 0,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 1,38 4,39 1,40 2,41 1,42 0,43 0,44 0,45 8551,;

If you look at number 10 you will see it has a number next to it of 169. In fact that is his cyberface number. So all you would have to do is edit the number there to 169 & save your changes. No need for mvpedit. Of course mvpedit is much easier, but it's not exclusive.

redsx2434 I don't mean to offend you, but you too are making a mistake.

In fact it will mess up his rosters to re-export 7.0 rosters if he has changed things outside of mvpedit. This is because the changes he did are not registered in the mbe file. Hence when he exports the .mbe file after making the cyberface number change, he will in fact undo any other changes he made.

yea, i relize that but i wasn't talking about if he put a whole new .mbe in, i was just speaking of changing the individual cyberface #

I understand. But in order to change the cyberface with mvpedit, he would need to export the 7.0 mbe. (unless he was able to import his dat files to make a new mbe, which it seems he was not able to do)

Thome25... I don't mean to offend but telling him that the only way to do it is via mvpedit is incorrect. In fact you can open the .dat file in wordpad or something similar & edit the info there.

No offence taken. I didnt even think about editing it with notepad.

Archived