Larry Bigbie

rig99

I use him as a pinch hitter in pressure situations where I need a run and it seems like he succeeds 90% of the time. Why is Larry Bigbie so good in this game?

Ive heard this on many occasions where he comes through huge for some people. He did hit a pinch hit grand slam for me once. He isnt a bad player in the game anyway.

I traded Bigbie to Seattle because his fielding wasn't up to par . . . . He would go on stretches of really good hitting (HRs to win games) and then go for games without a hit . . . ? I finally lost it when he overran a ground ball headed straight for him, allowing two runs to score.

So, I am now the proud owner of something-something Nix, a backup outfielder who went from an unhappy-pappy to just being ho-hum.

The difference is that I now have a guy who doesn't mind subbing in the OF and who is reliable in PH situations.

Go figure.

Bigbie has been very streaky for me in my Cardinals dynasty. I think he started the season hitting something like .250 and then a few weeks before the All-Star break he started knocking the cover off of the ball. He had 2 grand slams in one week and was hitting for extra bases. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I think it has to do something with pulling the ball. He's not a very good opposite field hitter, at least when I bat with him. When he does well for me he's ripping the ball to RF. Haven't had any problems with him defensively though...

Archived