show us your ride...

RAM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB, nice Tex. pride flag out there.

Any reason why Tex. pride is engrained into our heads? I have my guesses but wanted to see what you say since you get to live there.

The Mo mobile:

1996hondaciviclr3.jpg

1996hondacivicbackgo1.jpg

Any reason why Tex. pride is engrained into our heads? I have my guesses but wanted to see what you say since you get to live there.

i have my texas flag flying in my back yard, was the first thing i bought when i found out i was moving out to cali in march.

You guys have too much money to spend on cars.

Here's my first car, a '91 Chevy Lumina --

lumina6as0.th.jpg

The occasion these pictures were taken on was a trip to the junk yard, where I'd just traded my car for the balance of the storage fee after she caught fire:

lumina1dh4.th.jpg

Then, I got a nice Dodge Intrepid, used, but with little miles, and fairly cheap:

mynewcarzz8.th.jpg

I owned it for seven hours, getting the titles and tags and inspection on New Year's Eve, before it was totalled in a wreck (not my fault) with a crazy nurse rushing to get to a party at 11:15 p.m.

intrepidwreck5zg4.th.jpg

Now I have a 97 Lumina. No fires yet, but it just spent three weeks in the shop to have the coolant system fixed up.

Sigh.

--Eric

well i have the texas pride simply because i've moved around 7 times in this state and still havnt seen it all. I was born in austin, grew up in fort worth, lived in arlington and dallas up til i was 13 (all the same area anyway) then lived in sulphur springs for a few months, the san antonio for a couple months, and now here in boerne. i just love this state.

especially the fact that texas is the only state that has the right to succeed from the union since it was the only state to formely be a republic.

i remember hearing a quote from someone........

texas can live without the united states, but the united states cant live without texas.

:)

You guys have too much money to spend on cars.

--Eric

i wish. i picked up my bronco for $1500 cash. everyone here in california went on a gas guzzler selling tirade for about a month and i lunged at the truck. like i said i've always dreamed of owning one. in texas they run really high in price (at least to me for a used vehicle)- guess there's more hunters and such than here. anyhow now the prices are back up on them.

there isn't a whole lot that needs fixing, the guy who i bought it from took awesome care of it. there's just stuff i want to do. i buffed out the paint an waxed it. just bought a new mp3/cd blaupunkt stereo w/ remote for it for a steal at fry's for $99! there's a dent in the front bumper and a tear in the drivers seat. i guess my point is that i sure don't have disposabe income yet. so i want to redo everything on it including eventually drop a new engine in there but, can only do a little at a time as my cash allows.

gas isn't too bad as most jobs i do are within 5-10 miles of my house, or a lot of clients drop off to me. plus my girlfriend has a pt cruiser, so we use that for reguar errand runs. which is good because it's around $3.30 a gallon here right now.

i guess the moral of the story is just be patient and find a decent deal, then do as much as you can at a time. then again we're all different in what we like.

• 10 months later...

...and here is my current vehicle:

RangerXLT01.jpg

Hold your applause. 1995 Ford Ranger XLT. The lighting in the photo makes it a little hard to tell - but it's green.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new vehicle. But the little truck has served me well.

Is it just me, or does the name "Oldsmobile" not make you want to buy it?

I'm looking to get my first car within the next couple months, I'm thinking something very economical cause the high prices of gas. I was thinking something like a Camry, from some time in the early 90's.

So it looks like mostly everyone is settling for Civics...not a big fan of those but I am considering buying a Nissan car as my first vehicle. I just got my license and I don't want to go all out. The common rule is that you first car should be one that doesn't hurt the pocket as much if you get it into an accident (not a life-threatening one, possibly a fender-bender)

Is it just me, or does the name "Oldsmobile" not make you want to buy it?

I'm looking to get my first car within the next couple months, I'm thinking something very economical cause the high prices of gas. I was thinking something like a Camry, from some time in the early 90's.

GM is good, but ya i can see the name oldsmobile being a little weird, but its still a good car

So it looks like mostly everyone is settling for Civics...not a big fan of those but I am considering buying a Nissan car as my first vehicle. I just got my license and I don't want to go all out. The common rule is that you first car should be one that doesn't hurt the pocket as much if you get it into an accident (not a life-threatening one, possibly a fender-bender)

Another thing to consider is if you want an 80's or older car (an all metal car), you can have the car you crash into (in most instances) be a newer car that will absorb most of the impact, the only downside is you will be hitting you head off you steering wheel with no airbags. pretty much you'll be hurting your head more than you wallet if you wanna go that route.

Archived