Pride, Power, Pinstripes: A New York Yankees Dynasty

D-Unit

Do you like this dynasty?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Its alright
    • Needs work (please specify in PM or post)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]Daisuke Matsuzaka Headed For The Bronx[/align]

[align=center]daisukematsuzakaportraitps1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]

Today, Daisuke Matsuzaka has signed a three year, 30 million dollar deal with the New York Yankees. Matsuzaka and his agent had been talking about a deal with both the Seattle Mariners and Yankees, the frontrunners of the Matsuzaka sweepstakes. Matsuzaka finally agreed to terms with the Bronx Bombers when George Steinbrenner upped the anty on Seattle by one year and 10 million dollars more to ensure the services of the Japanese ace.

Matsuzaka received worldwide recognition when he was the MVP of the World Baseball Classic, going 3-0 for Team Japan, the winners of the inaguaral World Baseball Classic. More details on the deal will be revealed soon.[/align]

Only Spring Training will find that out...but he will likely battle Wang and Moose for the ace spot since Randy retired...which kinda caught me by suprise since he had a year left on his contract.

I will. I don't get this. I imported him into the free agent pool, signed him, but then when I choose anything from the roster menu the game crashes. Now I am trying to import him onto my team with the salary I offered him and it works, but still crashes for the same reason. I don't know what to do.

Finally, I got Daisuke Matsuzaka into my game without crashing! I will play my Spring Training Opener tonight. I plan to play it realistically (subbing in players often, starters going 2-4 innings and then building up after each appearance). The recaps should be much less time consuming for me but still very enjoyable.

Spring Training Opener

March 1st, 2007 Detroit Tigers (0-0) at New York Yankees (1-0)

Jeremy Bonderman (0-0) vs. Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-0)

DET def. NYY 8-6

For the first time in months, the New York Yankees took to a baseball diamond, this time at Legends Field to take on the Detroit Tigers in their first Spring Training game of 2007. Excitement was in the air, as the Yankees had a sold out crowd to watch Japanese sensation Daisuke Matsuzaka pitch in pinstripes, a tradition of the first Yankees Spring Training game. For the rest of the exhibition month, the Yanks will be wearing navy blue shirts with a white interlocking NY.

The game didn't turn out the way the Yankees had hoped, dropping the game by a score of 8-6. The Yankees did jump out to an early lead, when Robinson Cano took Jeremy Bonderman (1-0) deep for three runs in the second inning. But Detroit countered for two runs in the next inning on a Magglio Ordonez triple. That was all they could get against Matsuzaka, who threw three innings of six hit, two run ball. He admitted through a translator that "He was a little rusty, but that is why Spring Training is here". He didn't strike anyone out, but didn't allow a walk either.

In the fourth, the Yankees got a run with two out and a runner on third. Alex Rodriguez ripped a liner up the third base line, but Brandon Inge snagged it and made a great throw to first. But Chris Shelton bobbled the ball and Rodriguez was safe, making it a 4-2 game.

Scott Proctor relieved Matsuzaka in the fourth, and the game slipped away. Sean Casey had an RBI triple, and scored on Curtis Granderson's RBI single to left to tie the game at 4. Placido Polanco followed up Granderson's hit with a blast just over the right field wall to give the Tigers the lead and the game.

Detroit put the game away in the fifth on a solo homer from Ordonez and an RBI double from Sean Casey. The Yankees struck for two more runs off Bonderman from hits by Derek Jeter and Bobby Abreu, but it wasn't enough. Bonderman allowed six runs over five innings, giving up six hits. He walked three and fanned four, but still picked up the win.

Detroit put the game away in the fifth on a solo homer from Ordonez and an RBI double from Sean Casey.

Tiger Notables:

Placido Polanco 2-5, HR, 2 RBI

Magglio Ordonez 4-5, 3B, HR, 3 RBI

Yankee Notables:

Derek Jeter 2-5, 2B, RBI, SB

Robinson Cano 1-3, HR, 3 RBI

Ron Villone 3 IP, 6 K

Highlights

springtrainingjimleylandeh6.jpg

Jim Leyland gets tossed in the first inning. He was arguing Johnny Damon's throw beating out Placido Polanco at third base.

springtrainingdaisukematsuzakadr5.jpg

Daisuke Matsuzaka is fighting for the ace spot in the rotation. He was a little rusty, giving up two runs and six hits in three innings.

springtrainingrobinsoncanoqa5.jpg

Robinson Cano gives the Yankees a 3-0 lead in the second with a three run bomb.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, it's good to hear positive comments.

I played a game a day or two ago, but still looking for time to get on my MVP computer. And I will experiment with the boxscore extractor for the third game I post.

Spring Training Game 5

Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees

Eric Fowler (0-0) vs. Philip Hughes (0-0)

NYY def. TOR 4-3

Today was a bright spot for the New York Yankees as number one prospect Philip Hughes and number two prospect Jose Tabata helped contribute to a 4-3 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays. Hughes (0-0) picked up a no-decision as he lasted three innings, showing signs of being ready for the bigs, allowing two hits over three scoreless innings, striking out two Blue Jays. He also did this in throwing only 29 pitches, which impressed pitching coach Ron Guidry.

"This kid has a great slider, curve and change, but he isn't afriad to hit you with that 95 mph heater. This kid should be in the bigs this year if he keeps it up." His current plans are to start the year in AAA.

But Tabata, only 17, shows promise as well. The young, skinny center fielder went 1-4 with a solo sho in the bottom of the first to stake the Bombers to a 1-0 lead. And fellow 17 year old Jesus Montero had an RBI single in the fourth that made it a 2-0 game. By that time, Brian Bruney(1-0) was in the game, and relieved Hughes with two scoreless innings with a walk to pick up the win. After Johnny Damon tripled to lead off the fifth, Derek Jeter drove him in with a deep fly out to right to make it 3-0. But the top of the sixth was bad, as James Brent Cox served up a fat fastball to Amaury Thomson worthy of a two run shot to make it 3-2.

Eric Fowler was relieved in the sixth for Ricky Romero, who pitched the remainder of the game, allowing another run which proved to be the game winner in the top of the ninth inning, a Hideki Matsui solo home run to put the Yanks up two runs. But after Kyle Farnsworth pitched a scoreless bottom of the eighth, Mariano Rivera allowed a leadoff homer by Eric Hinske to cut the lead to 4-3. Even scarier did it get when two rookies by the name of Stone and Hannigan singled before Mariano retired the next three batters on groundouts, two broken bats to save the game.

Blue Jays Notables

Amaury Thomson 2-3, 2B, HR, 2 RBI

Eric Hinske 1-4, HR, RBI

Yankee Notables

Johnny Damon 3-4, 3B

Jose Tabata 1-4, HR, RBI

Game Highlights

springtrainingjosetabatalc8.jpg

Jose Tabata gets the Yankees on the right foot with a solo shot in the first inning.

springtrainingphiliphughesys2.jpg

Philip Hughes is supposed to being the year in Colombus, but might end up as the No. 5 starter if he keeps pitching the way he did today.

springtrainingalexisriosaf3.jpg

Alex Rios makes a pretty sliding catch in the third inning.

springtrainingjohnnydamonjd5.jpg

Johnny Damon guns down a runner at third base.

springtrainingjesusmonteroqg1.jpg

Jesus Montero is one of the reasons the Yankee future looks so bright. He is a projected five tool catcher who might wind up as a first baseman.

springtraininghidekimatsuixe6.jpg

Hideki Matsui rounds the bases following his solo homer in the top of the ninth inning.

---I am gonna play one more exhibition against the Washington Nationals before I end the Spring Training season.

[align=center]Spring Training Game 22

New York Yankees (15-6) vs. Baltimore Orioles (11-10)

Mike Mussina (2-0, 4.60) vs. Garrett Olson (0-0, 0.00)

NYY def. BAL 9-7

Today started like a day for the Yankees to cruise their way out of Florida with an easy win, piling up a 4-0 lead after 4 innings, with an early first inning lead from a Derek Jeter RBI double, a Jorge Posada RBI single in the second, an Alex Rodriguez solo homer in the fourth, and a Jason Giambi RBI sac fly in the fifth, all off of Garrett Olson in his 4.1 innings of work, allowing seven hits, walking two and fanning one.

But in the fifth, the O's struck Mike Mussina (ND, 5 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2K) for four runs, including conescutive hits from Melvin Mora, Miguel Tejada, Ramon Hernandez, and Robert Stratton. Before that inning, he had only allowed three hits and a walk with two K's.

The Yankees fought back in the top of the sixth with monster back-to-back dingers from Jason Giambi and Hideki Matsui to get the crowd going. Mussina started the bottom of the sixth, but left the game after a journeyman named Einar Nunez hit a leadoff triple. Then entered Brian Bruney, who allowed a two out Melvin Mora triple to cut it to 6-5 by the time three outs were recorded.

The pitching faltered for the Yanks again in the seventh when Scott Proctor came in to retire Ramon Hernandez so Mike Myers could face two lefties before being relieved, but Proctor served a fat fastball to Hernandez, which was parked 430 feet from home plate to tie the game at 6. A combination of Myers and Dotel ended the inning without anymore damage done.

The game intensified even more in the eighth when Robinson Cano continued a hot Spring Training with a solo blast off of Rodrigo Lopez (3.2 P, 4 H, 3 R) to make it 7-6. The game became an official slugfest when Kyle Farnsworth brought his Spring ERA of 4+ and made it 5+, as Jeff Conine took him deep to start the eighth. Of course, there was no problem afterward as he fanned the side. But the Yanks finally put the game away for good as Johnny Damon's one out homer off of Kris Benson (0-1) and Bobby Abreu's RBI groundout gave New York a 9-7 lead for Mariano Rivera to work with, who worked a hitless ninth to seal up Spring with a 16-6 record.

Yankee Notables:

Derek Jeter 3-5, 2 2B, RBI

Jason Giambi 2-4, 2B, HR, RBI

Robinson Cano 2-3, HR, RBI

Oriole Notables:

Miguel Tejada 3-5, RBI

Ramon Hernandez 3-5, HR, 2 RBI

Einar Nunez 3-3, 3B, 2 BB

Game Highlights

springtrainingderekjeter2gx7.jpg

Derek Jeter executes a hit and run RBI double in the first to score Johnny Damon.

springtrainingalexrodriguezkn8.jpg

Alex Rodriguez puts the hurt on the ball, sending it 400 feet to left field. This put the Yankees up 3-0.

springtrainingjasongiambipl7.jpg

Jason Giambi starts the sixth with a solo blast...

springtraininghidekimatsui2dp9.jpg

And Hideki Matsui follows Giambi with his own homer.

springtrainingrobinsoncano2wn3.jpg

Robinson Cano puts some stank on this blast to end his torrid month.

springtrainingjohnnydamon2ib4.jpg

After the Yankees' pitching blew its third lead of the game, Johnny Damon puts the Yanks up for good with a ninth inning bomb off of Kris Benson.

The box score looks fugly so I'm not gonna post it.[/align]

Joe Torre is currently holding a Press Conference about the lineup, rotation, 25 man roster, and who will make the final rotation spot between Jeff Karstens and Philip Hughes, both have been stellar in March. Expect results in 10 minutes.

[align=center]Here are the 2007 New York Yankees:

Starting Lineup

CF Johnny Damon

SS Derek Jeter

RF Bobby Abreu

3B Alex Rodriguez

1B Jason Giambi

DH Hideki Matsui

2B Robinson Cano

C Jorge Posada

LF Melky Cabrera

*This is a righty lineup. With lefty starters, Matsui will play LF, Craig Wilson will DH in Melky's hitting spot.

Yankee Offense: A+

Yankee Defense B

Bench

C Sal Fasano

1B/3B Craig Wilson

UTIL Miguel Cairo

OF Bernie Williams

Yankee Bench: C+

Starting Rotation

Ace - Daisuke Matsuzaka

No 2 - Chien-Ming Wang

No 3 - Mike Mussina

No 4 - Carl Pavano

No 5 - Philip Hughes

*Hughes won the spot. In 14.2 IP, he was 2-0 with a 1.23 ERA. Karstens was 1-1 in 12.1 innings, with a 2.19 ERA.

Yankee Rotation: A-

Bullpen

LR Ron Villone

LR Mike Myers

MR Brian Bruney

MR Octavio Dotel

MR Scott Proctor

SU Kyle Farnsworth

CL Mariano Rivera

Yankee Bullpen: B+[/align]

The player progression was pretty average, prospects go up, older guys go down. Except Jeter and A-Rod got better, which was a suprise as they normally go down once they hit 30...

Just played Opening Day, it was an awesome, exciting game. But it might not get put up until Saturday. I'm doing some baseball training tomorrow through friday. I will be likely browsing the forums though during school, so feel free to let me know what you think of the dynasty.

By the way, if anyone knows how to solve my problem, please let me know as well.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=.../start=630.html

[align=center]Opening Day 2007

Scott Kazmir (0-0, 0.00) vs. Daisuke Matsuzaka (MLB Debut)[/align]

boxscoreapr22007ov1.jpg

Opening Day was anything short of exciting for the New York Yankees, as they defeated the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 6-4 thanks to the 9th inning heroics of Bobby Abreu.

Daisuke Matsuzaka was roughed up a bit in his Major League Debut, as the 27 year old surrendered four runs on a whopping 15 hits throughout 7 1/3 innings, striking out eight and walking none. He got a no-decision, as did Scott Kazmir, who went seven solid innings. He allowed four runs on six hits, walking seven and fanning three Yankees.

The Bombers had a good start in the first, as Bobby Abreu doubled into the gap to score Johnny Damon for the first run of the game. It would have been 2-0 if Delmon Young didn't rob Alex Rodriguez of a homer with two outs, catching a ball up against the wall on a solo shot that would have been, so the Yankees had to settle with a 1-0 lead.

But it wouldn't last long, as three one out doubles in a row from Travis Lee, Ryan Christianson, and Dioner Navarro gave Tampa Bay a lead. Sean Burroughs grounded out, but then Carl Crawford ripped a 3-1 pitch over the lef field wall to epitomize the four run rally.

All was quiet in the game until the fourth inning, when Jason Giambi got aquainted in the upper deck to make it 4-2. It became 4-3 an inning later when Derek Jeter singled and Alex Rodriguez doubled him in.

The game was tied in the top of the seventh, when Craig Wilson led off with a single, and after a Johnny Damon fly out, Derek Jeter ripped a shot into deep center field. Rocco Baldelli seemed to have gotten under the ball, but it struck off his glove away, enabling Wilson to score and Jeter wound up on third with a 4-4 score.

In the bottom of the seventh, the Rays tried to rally off of a tired Matsuzaka with three straight singles to load the bases before inducing a 6-6-3 double play to prevent any damage from being done.

Matsuzaka allowed a leadoff single in the eighth, then struck out Dioner Navarro before Brian Bruney set down the next two hitters to end the frame. Mariano Rivera (1-0) took the mound in the ninth to keep the game tied. The fans got a scare when Carl Crawford tripled to open the inning, but then Mo was Mo as he struck out the side.

That would set up a dramatic bottom of the ninth. Brandon League (0-1) struck out Johnny Damon, but then allowed a Derek Jeter single. After working a full count on the patient Bobby Abreu, League tossed a 98 mph fastball right over the plate. Abreu took a crack at it and hit the facing of the upper deck, a walkoff two run home run, which drove the sellout crowd nuts.

[align=center]

Devil Rays Notables:

Carl Crawford 3-5, 3B, HR (1), 2 RBI (2)

Travis Lee 4-4, 2B

Ryan Christianson 3-4, 2B, RBI (1)

Yankee Notables:

Derek Jeter 2-5, 2R

Bobby Abreu 2-5, 2B, Walk-off HR (1), 3 RBI (3)

Brian Bruney/Mariano Rivera 1.2 IP, H, 3 K[/align]

[align=center]Game Highlights

april2nddaisukematsuzakagw8.jpg

Daisuke Matsuzaka said through a translator that he was "Horrible, I can't give up 15 hits. I need to cut down the baserunners. But my stuff felt fine."

april2ndbobbyabreugg4.jpg

Bobby Abreu laces a double into the gap in the first inning.

april2nddelmonyoungjd0.jpg

Delmon Young was easily the defensive player of the game, robbing two home runs. The first victim was Alex Rodriguez, in the first.

april2ndcarlcrawfordrs9.jpg

Carl Crawford gives his D-Rays a two run lead with this homer in the second.

april2ndjasongiambigo0.jpg

Jason Giambi closes the gap in the score with a mammoth jack in the fourth.

april2ndderekjeterab4.jpg

Derek Jeter's routine fly ball here turned into a run scoring, game tying error thanks to Rocco Baldelli's miscue.

april2ndmarianoriveragw2.jpg

Mariano Rivera seems poised for another 40+ save season, striking out the side in the ninth to start his season.

april2ndbobbyabreu2ft5.jpgapril2ndbobbyabreu3qi8.jpg

Bobby Abreu puts a game ending swing on this baseball, sending it way over the wall in right field, then being greeted at the plate by Johnny Damon.

april2ndbrandonleagueyc2.jpg

Brandon League is stunned how the game slowly slipped away from him.[/align]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next game will be Philip Hughes' debut against the ChiSox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived