My 2006 Phillies Season: Road to the Pennant

edm

i am wondering the same thing..my card doesn't come close to this...i know i'll be falling in love with this game all over again when i get my new card..i've been deprived

Until then, use 3D Analyze. I am too broke to buy a decent video card, so use that and you will get pretty good graphics.

Game 5: Loss - Record 2-3 (2nd in NL East. 1 GB)

Phillies pen unable to Hold lead. Spoil Madson's gem

The Associated Press

The Phillies Ryan Madson left the game in the seventh with a 1-0 lead, after throwing 6 2/3 shut out innings, allowing just seven hits, two walks, and striking out 6. Unfortunately, for the Phillies, they were unable to take advantage of the outing, allowing five runs over the final two innings, as the Dodgers went on to win 5-2. J.D. Drew, who went 1-for-4, got the Dodgers on the board in the eighth with a two-out - two-run Home run, scoring Nomar Garciaparra, who tripled the previous at bat, giving the Dodgers a 2-to-1 lead. After Jimmy Rollins Homered in the bottom half of the inning to tie things back up at two a piece, Toby Halls pinch hit - two run shot off Phils reliever Arthur Rhodes put the Dodgers ahead for good, 5-to-2. Eric Gagne then pitched a scoreless ninth to close it out.

Game Box Score

Phillies Home

Izturis005.jpg

Cesar Izturis thrown out at home trying to go from first to home on a hit-and-run single

Ethier005.jpg

Andre Ethier takes Madson up the middle for one of his three hits

Rollins005.jpg

Jimmy Rollins turns a double play as Jeff Kent attempts to break things up

Game 6: Win - Record 3-3

Abreu Homers - Phils go on for 4-3 win

The Associated Press

Jon Lieber, who was uncharacteristically wild, allowing three walks, battled through 5 2/3 tough innings, but was able to keep his team in the game. "It wasn't pretty" said Lieber, "but I did my best to give us a chance". Abreu took advantage of that chance blasting a Jonathan Broxton fastball over the center field wall. The shot was measured at 414 ft. The Phillies bullpen chipped in throwing 3 1/3 scoreless innings, giving the Phillies the 4-3 win over the Dodgers. Tom Gordon closed out the game to earn his first save of the season.

Game Box Score

Phillies Home

Furcal006.jpg

Dodgers Rafael Furcal goes down swinging off Phils starter Jon Lieber

Lofton006.jpg

The Phillies Mike Leiberthal tags out Kenny Lofton trying to score

Game 7: Loss - Record 3-4 (2nd in NL East. 1/2 GB)

Edgar Renteria's walk-off Grand Slam wins it, as the Braves out slug Phils

The Associated Press

In a game that included 5 Home Runs, 34 hits, and 24 runs, the outcome was still in question heading into the bottom of the 9th. With no outs and the bases loaded Edgar Renteria took a Geoff Geary pitch over the wall for a grand slam, giving the braves the 14-10 victory. "I was just looking for a pitch to lift and managed to put pretty good wood on it" said Renteria following the game.

The Phillies weren't without their own heroics. Trailing 10-7 in the 9th, Ryan Howard, who went 3-for-5 with 5 RBI hit a 2-out, 3-run Home run to tie up the game. Arthur Rhodes (0-2) took the loss, his second of the season, as he currently sports an ERA of 18.00. "Our pitching is very inconsistent right now, we need to give our offence a chance" said Phils skipper Charlie Manuel. The Phils will look to Randy Wolf Wednesday night to bounce back from his first start. Horacio Ramirez will go for the Braves.

Game Box Score

Phillies Home

Giles007.jpg

Brian Giles thrown out trying for third

Archived