Fixing the lag w/ kc's uni's

Sandlot

I switched back to kc's uni's and my game lags. I use to use them and they lagged before so I switched to moser's unis.

Is there a way I can fix the lag in game?

I want to think that card should be alright, but maybe I'm thinking of the 9800 pro instead.

What AA and AF settings are you using?

I'm not sure, how do you view these settings? Theres no ati icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, yet I just downloaded the new driver.

I'm not sure, how do you view these settings? Theres no ati icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, yet I just downloaded the new driver.

I have the ATI X1600 PRO. Those settings are viewd thru the CCC. Should be a Catalyst Control Center Icon on you desktop, you can get to it thru there.

Or go Start...All Pgms...Catalyst Control Center

Not sure if any of this would matter but I use a Raedon 9250 and I run 2X like KC's Unis and the Heavy textures pretty good, You have a better card than I do, so I would also suggest lookin into adding some more memory(RAM) To your pc, especially if you use a PCI slot like I do..AGP slots are always better..just an opinion..I think its a good investment anyway..speeds up your computer.

ati radeon 9600 pro

I have the exact same card and I don't experience no lag at all no more the problem was Catalyst AI just disable that and it would run fine. I have my settings on 6x AA 4x AF MipMap level set to high quality and ever since I disabled AI it doesn't lag no more. Good luck

what should my AA and AF settings be if I have a Radeon 9800 PRO video card?

I haven't had that card in a while, but I used to have it. I would suggest probably 4x & 8x respectively. If it's too much try 2x & 6x.

I haven't had that card in a while, but I used to have it. I would suggest probably 4x & 8x respectively. If it's too much try 2x & 6x.

kk, ill try it

I resize all of KC's unis to 2xlite (192x192, 192x384, etc) to prevent the lag. I have a 9800 Pro but it seems the more you add to the game, the more chance of lag - so I just resize them.

Where do I find the settings in the control panel, I looked all over.

START...Control Panel...Display Options

Will let you change adjust a few things, but not like the options you could thru the CCC.

START...Control Panel...Display Options

Will let you change adjust a few things, but not like the options you could thru the CCC.

What do I change through there, because I don't have CCC.

OK, this is what you do since you have an ATI card. By far, most users recommend driver package 4.12 for most Radeon 9XXX cards. This driver package has the Control Center that used to be in place before the CCC crap took over. All the proper settings for your video card are in there.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/...nload-9203.html

OK, this is what you do since you have an ATI card. By far, most users recommend driver package 4.12 for most Radeon 9XXX cards. This driver package has the Control Center that used to be in place before the CCC crap took over. All the proper settings for your video card are in there.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/...nload-9203.html

Thanks. I'll give it a run tomorrow.

Archived