Creating my own portrait for the game.

Sandlot

I'm going to create my own portrait for the game later and I'm wondering how I am going to make the portrait appear in the game. (Fixing my created player's id so the portrait can show up) How do I find out my created player id in my dynasty??

btw, the player I created was created during my dynasty.

Well if you created it during a dynasty, you'll need tywiggins .dat program. Export the .dats from your dynasty. Import them into MVPEdit. Give yourself any number that's not already taken, load the portrait in, and import the .dats back.

This is the error I am getting once I am trying to import the files that are in a folder all by themselves (the attrib.dat, etc all exported from my dynasty) into mvpedit.

mvpeditproblem.jpg

I just did something similar to yours to see if it works for me. And it does. What are you importing? This is how I did it and it works for me.

1. Use TYWiggins to import the files

2. Go to MVPEdit - go file -> import -> DAT files

3. Point to the folder in which the tywiggins program is located and it should automatically display the information.

4. Make your changes and when you export the files export it back to the folder which has the tywiggins program.

5. Then use the importer option to put the DAT files back into the game.

Note: This may be nothing major but I have a different MVPEdit version than yours. I have MVPedit 2006.2.

I just did something similar to yours to see if it works for me. And it does. What are you importing? This is how I did it and it works for me.

1. Use TYWiggins to import the files

2. Go to MVPEdit - go file -> import -> DAT files

3. Point to the folder in which the tywiggins program is located and it should automatically display the information.

4. Make your changes and when you export the files export it back to the folder which has the tywiggins program.

5. Then use the importer option to put the DAT files back into the game.

Note: This may be nothing major but I have a different MVPEdit version than yours. I have MVPedit 2006.2.

Once I try and open the folder in which the tywiggins program is located in it opens the Mvpedit directory and wants me to save as a .mbe. Does this happen for you? I go ahead and save it named 'dynasty' and I get that error.

Once I try and open the folder in which the tywiggins program is located in it opens the Mvpedit directory and wants me to save as a .mbe. Does this happen for you? I go ahead and save it named 'dynasty' and I get that error.

Yes it is suppose to ask you to save it as a .mbe. I think thats just to make it easier on you the next time you want to edit something. It looks like you are doing it right. Make sure that your folder mvp2005_dat_exporter_..... has the .DAT files.

If it does try renaming the folder with a shorter name to see if thats not the problem. If it still doesn't work try a different verison of MVPedit. For me, I have version MVPedit 2006.2.

Archived