Progress.big file

ronmexico

I extracted the progress.big file inside the data/database folder, in hopes of changing my player progressions, to make it less drastic, but yet, better for those who progress slowly. To my shagrin, I found a few more files then I had figured would be in there. Could anyone tell me what each of these files is in charge of (so I can alter the progressions)?

progbadj.csv

progpadj.csv

progbdec.csv

progbinc.csv

progpinc.csv

progpdec.csv

*I assume that stadium.csv, inside that big archive, is in charge of stadium modifiers.

I already altered the contract.csv file, so I do know that this is possible. I just need to understand how each one alters each part of the game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify, I would like to know what the difference is between progbadj and progpadj, because on the inside the 2 files are exactly the same. I would like to change them to make the player progressions more realistic.

*I assume that stadium.csv, inside that big archive, is in charge of stadium modifiers.

Where is this file and what is in there? I once modded the crap out of the audio.csv file and found a wealth of audio mods for me to mess with, so I'm wondering what is in the stadium.csv file....

The stadium.csv is inside the progress.big file. I can just give you my progression mod, which includes a stadium mod. I am planning to upload it to this site as soon as the site is back to normal so it will be included in the progress.big there.

The thing is my player progression mod is similar to Bill Harris' but the stadiums are not a major part of the mod itself. If you noticed, the talent degrades after some years, and this will take away that by making younger players progress better. The stadiums itself will affect the way the balls go in and out of the yard.

I saw your download. Being an avid Generic player modder, and having had modding the rookie.big file in the past myself, I think you need to list out what you've changed in those files as there are an unimaginable amount of data one could change there.

Ex; People that value extreme realism may not enjoy you making there be tons of 5 star players being drafted every year.

Ex: You could have changed the which generic players get drafted more often or less often, and others may not like that.

Yeah, I think I changed my personal one to 12. Now, any comments on the stadium.csv file? I assume you learned that file but could be wrong.

Ah, also, since there are 52% one star players, I cut that down dramatically, Because it made me mad that out of the box half of the players in the draft will stay on your A ball club, retire early, etc.

Ooo, yes I do, its not a very complex file. The way it works is

The unique name, is obvious...its the name of the stadium.

The HR Modifier, if positive, limits the homeruns, if negative generates more homeruns.

The 3B and 2B modifiers do the same. The HR modifier is a bit different, it is more in charge of how the ball carries in a stadium.

So what would you suggest I do in Ameriquest. I don't want everyone ball to be a homer, but I do want some more explosive excitement. Any suggestions off hand?

Edit: I notice your Coors field has a positive number, yet you mention that you made that stadium have more homers, shouldn't it be negative then?

Sorry I posted it backwards btw, about negatives increasing, positives limiting. It works the other way. What you can do is leave it as is, in my mod, if you havent tried it, and if you still don't like it, then go ahead and make it smaller, the percentage. Its at 0.1965 right now, if its too much for you, try to lower it to 0.1 and if still too much or too little, try to tweak it as you like.

Archived