Progress.big file

ronmexico

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to see someone else enjoy the rookie.big file too. I think only Jim825 was the other person that looked at this info.

If anyone else is reading this, I made it that so no overweight players were created in the draft. Just another example of what you can do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mathmatically speaking, if you had made it 10 percent 5 star players, for some reason you still don't get 10 % 5 star players to draft (30 players is 10% of 300 players you are able to see in the draft). So I made mine higher on purpose so that atleast a few more (literally, only a few more) 5 star players were created.

See those aren't right on all the time. What it does is, to dumb it down. Create a spinner with 100 different possibilities. There is a 30% chance that the spinner will land on 1 or 2 stars, a 20% chance on 3 stars, 16% chance on 4 stars and 4% chance on 5 stars. Then it spins the spinner 300 times and you have your draft. You will have good drafts and bad drafts, just as in real life.

I think you played spin the bottle one too many times :o)

I think what may affect it is some file or files that I never wanted to bother with, where it says what % of pitchers will be 5 star, what percent of outfielders will be 5 star, etc. I think that affects this file and they go together.

The only issue I have seen with this mod is that in 5 drafts I have run, there are rarely top SP or RP. Almost every guy in the top 20 is a position player.

Any clue as to what is going on? Great Mod otherwise. I am really enjoying the better contracts!

One slight problem though. Third baseman and catchers stats are the same, in the file. If I lower the catchers' speed then the same applies to thridbaseman. Would you like to keep it the way it is? Would you like to lower the speed not much? Would you like to reduce both by a lot?

Also, the percentage of catchers with 80+ speed was 10%, so are you sure you didn't just get a random draft that made it this way?

Sure, please put in some requests though, or something that you find fishy with the mod or anything you would like to see changed.

Did you use the Progression Mod by Bill Harris as a base for your work or did you start from scratch?

Sure, please put in some requests though, or something that you find fishy with the mod or anything you would like to see changed.

Did you address what I posted above? I wasn't sure if you fixed what I said, or the C/3B speed.

I did this one from scratch to answer Totte's question and to answer Kelvarr no I did not address that, though I did the C/3B speed. The reason I did not address your issue, is because I just saw it right now...I must've missed it. I will look at that, but I don't understand why you have that issue, maybe its just pure randomness. I'll edit it though, and make for more SP/RP to be in the draft, atleast at a higher eschelon.

I just noticed that SP's are created 9% of the time and RP are created at 5%, so I will definetly increase that, because my oversight was looking at it as a position on the diamond, not as how many people are on the roster. I will increase this in my mod update, posting it within the hour.

I just noticed that SP's are created 9% of the time and RP are created at 5%, so I will definetly increase that, because my oversight was looking at it as a position on the diamond, not as how many people are on the roster. I will increase this in my mod update, posting it within the hour.

Sounds great! I'll hold off on my dynasty until you've uploaded the new one :)

Umm, yea, done a while ago...forgot to say that...Goin to sleep, nite. Sweden time is normal right now, but in New York its pretty damn late, or should I say pretty damn early. Don't hold off much longer.

Umm, yea, done a while ago...forgot to say that...Goin to sleep, nite. Sweden time is normal right now, but in New York its pretty damn late, or should I say pretty damn early. Don't hold off much longer.

Yeah but I won't have time to start my dynasty until Wednesday at 1 pm ET so that should probably give you enough time :wink:

Somebody please tell me what to change, with this mod, what you find not great, not right, because I am sure that this mod is not perfect, or nearly perfect. I am sure that there are things wrong with it, and if I get some input, I can fix it.

Archived