Progress.big file

ronmexico

for the most part I really like it, espcially the progression of young players (now it doesn't take 5 years for prospects to be decent major league players). The only thing I don't like is the enormous increase and decrease in velocity for pitchers. I simmed ahead 2 seasons to face Liriano and he was throwing 102mph fastballs and 94mph sliders. After just a couple of years about 10 to 15 guys throw over 100, and that's not realistic.

Olders players on the other hand go from 94 to 89, which doesn't happen in real life either -- atleast not in a single offseason (unless the pitcher has been injured). I'm not sure if you can fix this since it's been a problem within the progression system as long as I can remember, but maybe you can look into it.

One more thing I'd like to add is that maybe you went a little overboard with the ratings for players coming into the draft. I think there certainly should a handful of guys that have major league ready attributes, but some of them just have tremendous ratings already. This leads to 18/19 year olds putting up all star numbers. Especially with the way your mod is really generous to young players, you'll see guys with 90+ ratings in most categories before the age of 25. Perhaps you can decrease this a little. I also don't notice alot of 4 or 5 star players in the draft (I haven't had a very high pick yet though), but it would be nice to have a couple of 4 or 5 star players with low attributes so you can draft them in later rounds instead of them being top 10 picks. Sort of take a gamble because of their high ceilings.

That being said, perhaps you can make these draft prospects a little older like 21 or 22, maybe a couple of 23 year olds (along side some teenagers of course), so you get the feeling that you're drafting a high school player or a guy coming out of college. That way you could perhaps make the older guys a little more polished -- better control for pitchers and better hitting attributes (such as discipline, power and contact) for position players. This could also carry over to the baserunning and defensive categories.

It might seem like I'm negative about your work, but I'm just throwing all of my suggestion out there not knowing if it's possible at all. Your mod is terrific and really adds a new dimension to the dynasty mode, so you've done a great job already. If you'd like I'd be willing to help out (testing or maybe within the mod itself), since I'll have some spare time on my hands.

*puts hands in bucket of ice to cool of fingertips* ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree 100% with JP_Frost. At the same time, I would just like to say that I already love this mod, and am very appreciative of it, and with a little more work it can really make dynasty 100x better. My only problem now is that since the game engine doesn't really take into account that most draftees spend some time in the minors, anyone drafted with high ratings automatically ends up on a major league bench regardless of age.

I agree 100% with JP_Frost. At the same time, I would just like to say that I already love this mod, and am very appreciative of it, and with a little more work it can really make dynasty 100x better. My only problem now is that since the game engine doesn't really take into account that most draftees spend some time in the minors, anyone drafted with high ratings automatically ends up on a major league bench regardless of age.

I agree with both JP and jscand

but it would be nice to have a couple of 4 or 5 star players with low attributes so you can draft them in later rounds instead of them being top 10 picks. quote] not possible.

but he may be able to make guys come out of the draft older and have slightly better attributes, but not rated in the 90's which will give you that balance you want.

• 4 weeks later...

for the most part I really like it, espcially the progression of young players (now it doesn't take 5 years for prospects to be decent major league players). The only thing I don't like is the enormous increase and decrease in velocity for pitchers. I simmed ahead 2 seasons to face Liriano and he was throwing 102mph fastballs and 94mph sliders. After just a couple of years about 10 to 15 guys throw over 100, and that's not realistic.

Olders players on the other hand go from 94 to 89, which doesn't happen in real life either -- atleast not in a single offseason (unless the pitcher has been injured). I'm not sure if you can fix this since it's been a problem within the progression system as long as I can remember, but maybe you can look into it.

One more thing I'd like to add is that maybe you went a little overboard with the ratings for players coming into the draft. I think there certainly should a handful of guys that have major league ready attributes, but some of them just have tremendous ratings already. This leads to 18/19 year olds putting up all star numbers. Especially with the way your mod is really generous to young players, you'll see guys with 90+ ratings in most categories before the age of 25. Perhaps you can decrease this a little. I also don't notice alot of 4 or 5 star players in the draft (I haven't had a very high pick yet though), but it would be nice to have a couple of 4 or 5 star players with low attributes so you can draft them in later rounds instead of them being top 10 picks. Sort of take a gamble because of their high ceilings.

That being said, perhaps you can make these draft prospects a little older like 21 or 22, maybe a couple of 23 year olds (along side some teenagers of course), so you get the feeling that you're drafting a high school player or a guy coming out of college. That way you could perhaps make the older guys a little more polished -- better control for pitchers and better hitting attributes (such as discipline, power and contact) for position players. This could also carry over to the baserunning and defensive categories.

It might seem like I'm negative about your work, but I'm just throwing all of my suggestion out there not knowing if it's possible at all. Your mod is terrific and really adds a new dimension to the dynasty mode, so you've done a great job already. If you'd like I'd be willing to help out (testing or maybe within the mod itself), since I'll have some spare time on my hands.

*puts hands in bucket of ice to cool of fingertips* ;)

I hear every thing you said, and what the people after you said, and I have 1 reply. I am not responsible for a lot of the complaints that you have, sadly, cause I would change em. The 102 mph and 94 mph slider, happens all the time anyway, in MVP, even before I wrote this mod. The draft generates players at random ages, somewhere in the exe so I can't change that. The draft players I will take care of for you, when I get a free moment, and I am changing somethings to make the players evolve a little less, except I want players to develop at young ages, cause that is what young players do. With the change to the draft quality, it should work out. I can't really change the players speeds decreasing, as noted in the player increasing part.

And don't worry, you weren't being negative, its called constructive criticism, which is why I directed people to this thread.

I made up my mind, expect a new one by next Mondayish.

Good news, I just learned of the new quick button auto sum feature in excel and my progress is flying at a pace I've never gone before, so would assume that the mod will be out sooner then Monday, maybe even today, if I do it while watching the Mets game, the time will just fly by. 2 men on, 1 man out, top 2nd. Also, I am not just changing what I said I would, I'm going a lot further now that I have discovered something in the drafting process that can be altered in the file.

I am also changing the speeds of pitchers drafted, because that seems to be a problem that people encounter, the odds now sway in a bell curve, where the highest percentage falls between 88 and 92 mph. This will kind of help with the people complaining about people throwing to hard, and then they just stop playing, and thats a crying shame, not to play many or multiple seasons in this game. A damn shame.

YAY. I'm done! If you have any problems, put it in the thread, as you can see, I do listen. The draft is much, much more realistic. Players have to take more time to get through the minors, because they do not come in as developed, and if I did my math right, 1/1000 will make the majors and be a superstar right away, because I set 2 values at 1% there. Then again, I suck at math. :)

Umm, question, I am having trouble wanting to put up a download. I can't add a new downlolad without renaming the rar that I want to upload. I'm positive that there is a way around that, but how do I do it? I'm waiting for an answer before I update until 5.3. It's coming, and its modified the progress. :):)

So if someone wants the update, they should tell me what to do...

• 3 weeks later...

5.5 is out. Made major updates to contract situations, "minor leaguers", or just young players, ask for a lot less, specifically the pitchers, who do not want 3 million to pitch in your minor leagues anymore. Have fun with it, as usual.

Made major updates to contract situations, "minor leaguers", or just young players, ask for a lot less, specifically the pitchers, who do not want 3 million to pitch in your minor leagues anymore.

Beautiful!

Archived