IS a real MVP 2007 possible?

krawhitham

cdmsports.com won their lawsuit, they do not need permission from MLB to use player/teams names and there stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AleR...ov=ap&type=lgns

How will this or will it effect Baseball game makers?

I looked over cdmsports.com site, they have team rosters and all player stats, they do not use player headshots or team logos, but we could handle that part of the job

I'm looking for the whole 49 page ruling if someone could help that would be great

and of course it doesn't extend to player likenesses, so no faces or maybe

even batting stances

but the question is does it extend to video games which I doubt that the MLB or for that matter NFL/NCAA will let that happen ever. They'd fight it in court for years and years.

All we can do is hope. EA knows of ow much we all miss the game so I bet they will make a new one once they get the licenceback. It would be pretty sweet if there was an 07 game for PC, but I doubt it will happen.

I bet EA strike's a deal with MLB, Take 2, or Microsoft to produce a game before the license has expires. They would probably have to give up the exclusive license with the NFL in order to do that.

In other words, if we can get some talented coder/hacker/programmer's attention, ($$$) we might be able to uprade the specific parts of the game's engine's.

madden makes like 1,000,000 times more money than MVP did. They will not give up exclusive license with the NFL for MVP

LMAO

Why can't E.A just buy Sega?

P.S Kraw I PM U a Request Please see if u can do it.

I am anxiously waiting for that.

madden makes like 1,000,000 times more money than MVP did. They will not give up exclusive license with the NFL for MVP

If this EVER happens.... :evil: :evil:

probably only because American Football is bigger in europe than Baseball....therefor they sell more of it over here (in europe)

good news but what about stadiums( don't they need the licence for those also)

How many stadiums are team owned and not paid for with taxes?

Most stadiums would be consider public buildings and there should be no problems

after read all 49 pages I would think ANYONE can use names and stats for the players.

all we would have to do is portraits and faces. But would a retail game sale enough without portraits and faces to make it worth wild for EA?

It would basicly be only selling a PC game, consoles would be a NOGO because only like 1% are modded so you could upgrade the players images

How many stadiums are team owned and not paid for with taxes?

Most stadiums would be consider public buildings and there should be no problems

after read all 49 pages I would think ANYONE can use names and stats for the players.

all we would have to do is portraits and faces. But would a retail game sale enough without portraits and faces to make it worth wild for EA?

It would basicly be only selling a PC game, consoles would be a NOGO because only like 1% are modded so you could upgrade the players images

I concur.

Archived