Thoughts and Prayers

medric822

Monday, I went for some blood-work and for X-Rays of my back. The BW because my mom was worried that I was sick because I was always sleeping, and the X-Rays because my upper back has a slight hump, which has gotten worse over the last 5 years. Well, the BW came back fine, the only problem was that I'm a teen, and they always sleep, lol. But the X-Ray of my back came back, and it shows that I have at least 2 fractures in it. So, this friday, I will be injected with a dye, and go for more tests. What I thought could be healed with a back brace, because I had a cousin who had the same problem, may end up with surgery and having a steel rod placed in my back, or possibly end up in a wheelchair. I already guessed that I will not be able to play Baseball or even partake in gym class in this, my senior year, but The fact that I may never walk again if something goes wrong does frighten me just a tad as you can imagine. So, putting all personal feelings that you may have against me aside, I would ask that you pray for me for friday, and the following days.

I'll keep you posted when new information is given. Thanks you all, and Godbless:

medric822

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday, I went for some blood-work and for X-Rays of my back. The BW because my mom was worried that I was sick because I was always sleeping, and the X-Rays because my upper back has a slight hump, which has gotten worse over the last 5 years. Well, the BW came back fine, the only problem was that I'm a teen, and they always sleep, lol. But the X-Ray of my back came back, and it shows that I have at least 2 fractures in it. So, this friday, I will be injected with a dye, and go for more tests. What I thought could be healed with a back brace, because I had a cousin who had the same problem, may end up with surgery and having a steel rod placed in my back, or possibly end up in a wheelchair. I already guessed that I will not be able to play Baseball or even partake in gym class in this, my senior year, but The fact that I may never walk again if something goes wrong does frighten me just a tad as you can imagine. So, putting all personal feelings that you may have against me aside, I would ask that you pray for me for friday, and the following days.

I'll keep you posted when new information is given. Thanks you all, and Godbless:

medric822

dude I'd probably die if I couldnt play baseball again. Good luck. Im sure everything will go just fine :wtg:.

medric822

Wow im really sorry to hear that, I hope everything goes well for you :( Medically speaking, what is it exactly that is causing this tho? Do you have any idea? Just wondering because alot of people (even younger people I have known) have a curviature of the spine, which cause a slight hump. But 2 have 2 broken vertebrae? Is there a certain condition that might be at the root of this?

medric822

my thoughts go out for you and your family man, i hope everything goes well so you can still play baseball and more importantly, walk, i cant imagine what i'd have done if i couldnt have played baseball, and the same for my son, i'm sure you'll be fine tho...

I don't really know anyone from this site, but I think losing something you love (baseball) is the most painful thing that can ever happen, but I quote Anne Bradsheet, "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Think of this as a test by God, don't give up man. If you never walk again, don't stop playing baseball, don't stop loving the sport. You may not be able to run, but I'll be damned if you let that stop you from throwing.

-Kyle.

Medric,

In recent years my wife has been through cancer, and now a debilitating neurological disease. I can identify with your fears and concerns - especially at your age. You will definitely be in my prayers.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not

on your own understanding. In all your ways

acknowledge Him and He will direct your

paths." Proverbs 3:5,6

Archived