Filing Divorce from ESPN

bigbully

Dear ESPN, I am filing for divorce

I have carefully thought this through and I believe a divorce is our only resolution. I have been loyal and faithful to you and you have **** on me, cheated, lied, took 5 months to send me a check and you won’t let me see some of my friends anymore.

You took away David Aldridge and foisted Screaming A on me. From a thoughtful, insightful, coherent reporter to a screaming clown who is nothing less than a thug wannabe.

You finally began having blogs for some of your writers, three years after blogs became relevant, and you put them all on Insider. Boston Pete goes inside. So does Neyer. You give Joe Morgan a column and you refuse to put that Inside, thusly infecting millions of minds with his egotistical drivel and complete disregard for facts. He still thinks Billy Beane wrote Moneyball.

SportsCenter went from a highlight show to an hour of self-promotion of the preening anchors. Trey Wingo now hawks the ESPN Mobile phone that the WSJ says less than 10,000 have sold. (I can get what I need free from Google via text, thanks anyways.) Suzi is selling Chevys and Mayne is in an empty stadium denouncing the Gecko.

I remember Sunday nights with Patrick and Olberman being a smart, funny, hip program. There is nothing left on your networks that fits that description. Allowing Bonds on Bonds to air on your network (Barry owned a piece of the production company) eroded the last bit of credibility you had.

How you have managed to not **** up PTI is the only thing that amazes me at this point.

Simmons has lost major velocity on his fastball due to his Hollywood sell out. Skip Bayless shouldn’t be allowed to write a grocery list. Page 2 is a collaboration of some very unfunny, barely talented people.

Cold Pizza was a failure of previously unknown proportions, making Chevy Chase feel better about his show. You recently had Larry the Cable Guy on Cold Pizza because he voiced a car in the Disney movie Cars. Was Hillary Duff too busy for the show ?

And what's the latest ESPN original programming? Darts !!! ****ing Darts I guess with Domino season being over you had to find something to put on the air.

Your NFL soap opera show, whatever it was named, was pulled because you didn’t have the balls to look Tagliabue in the eye and stand your ground. If you thought the show was good then run it. If you were worried it was offensive then why bother to air it to begin with ?

I even used to like Chris Berman. I may have been the last one out there that did. There is no way he should be calling games, it is utter torture.

Some of the ones that got away from your evil grasp seem to be flourishing elsewhere. Jimmy Roberts, Robin Roberts, Gayle Gardner, Charlie Stenier.

The continual prostitution of air time.The silver bullet 6 pack of questions. The Budwiser hot seat. The Miller Lite moment of dead air. What next, today's beaning brought to you by Advil ? Webgems by Spiderman 3 ?

I loved you for a long time. I was devoted and caring. And now even your MLB gametracker is Inside. Well I don’t want to go Inside, frankly it scares me.

I just want to get away from you and not see your anchors pimping out the next ****ty Disney sports movie. Synergy my ***. “Daddy, I wanna race†“Daddy, I wanna race†“Daddy, I wanna race†“Daddy, I wanna race†“Daddy, I wanna race†“Daddy, I wanna raceâ€.

My advice, hire Peter King because he will fit right in. And add about thirty more ombudsmen while you are at it. As far as I am concerned we are finished.

Posted by edwzipper

http://www.sportsfrog.com/archives/2006_07.html#009515

------------------------

Some others I thought of:

- That was cooler that the other side of the pillow.

- You don't gotta leave, ESPN, you just gotta get the heck out of here

- Boo-Yah

- Any choice of 7,900 words + dawg

Did anyone else notice that they too realized that PTI was the only thing left standing and decided to melt a little of it into SC? I think they were trying (and failing) to get people like me to stay tuned to watch SC brought to you by Depends.

I divorced ESPN about three years ago. I only watch baseball which is to say I only watch Red Sox - Yankees games on the four letter network any more.

I loved ESPN, but now I cant even watch sportscenter in the moring. I just go online so I dont have to listen to everyone's stupid catch phrases and here about T.O. not practicing or whatever the hell he is doing. ESPN Insider is a complete rip off as well. I thought it would be cool to check it out but there is nothing even worth reading in it and other than articles they give you clips of Mike and Mike in the moring to listen to. why do i have to be an insider to hear that crap? I'm gonna just stop now before I go on a complete tyrade.

YES! i've been saying this for a long time. ever since disney bought them out they've sucked. problem is (see my random thoughts on a sunday post), there is no competition. FOX sports shows suck and lots of local media only show scores and highlights of the local teams. so until someone comes along to challenge them with a quality offering, we're stuck watching owen wilson on the hot seat and seeing pirates of the carribean highlights mixed in with the MLB pirates highlight reels.

even worse disney pushed monday night football to espn forcing people without cable to subscribe. if i have to listen to joe theisman anymore i'll put a bullet in my skull. the only show worth a damn as mentioned is PTI and the baseball in HD WOULD be great if they showed any other teams besides the yankees and red sox. they've taken something great and made it terrible.

I am LMAO right now at E-YES-P-NESN. :lol: These guys hype the Yankmees- Red Sux series so much and then the Yanks completely dominate the whole series making it a laugher. They promised drama and got instead a comedy. Shame on them for promoting only these two teams while the other wild card battles this weekend were much more interesting and competative. I hope they learned their lesson that this rivalry has run its course for now and there are better teams to cover.

ESPN.com is now a joke, as well. TSN.ca is 10 times better, and reports everything before ESPN.com gets a wind of it. Not to mention that anything of use on ESPN is on insider, leaving you with useless stories and pointless columns.

From a television standpoint, Sportscenter has gone from a giant highlight reel to a circus, rules by our "anchors" who "know" what they're reporting on. They waste time with stupid questions, and they fail to really report any significance. You can log on to TSN.ca, read the home page, and get more info there than you would throughout about a week's worth of sportscenter.

Not to mention, of course, televised games on ESPN, especially baseball. Eric Karros and Orel Hershiser are horrible in the booth, as well as Chris Bureman, who absolutely destroys a good baseball game by about the bottom of the first inning. I'm not even going to start on Thiesmann on Monday Night. While nobody really liked Kornheiser, as long as he keeps tearing apart Joe Thiesmann, I'm fine with him.

It's amazing that the "worldwide leader in sports" has lost so much class and credibility, and instead has deteriorated into a laughingstock for those who manage to actually come out and say this network is now trash.

On a final note, I do truthfully believe that Stephen A. Smith is the only person in the world who everyone hates. Never have I seen a person so oblivious of himself. It's almost like Stephen A. enjoys bashing himself in front of large audiences. If you read the Philadelphia Inquirer, you will be treated to Stephen A.'s columns of wonderful sports knowledge. In fact, we love him so much here, the paper published some of the readers comments on his column. And of course, naturally, the people of Philadelphia have branded him as a racist and complete idiot. If you can't stand him, please do yourself and get a hold of one of his columns, so that you can always back up your hatred for this man. The fact that Stephen A. now has his own show on ESPN makes me gag.

You completely have it arossi12. ESPN.com is pitiful and the commentatos are horrible now. I only really still like maybe 4 commentators and none of them are with ESPN. I believe I say enough when I say: Joe Morgan. He is horrible.

Steven A. Smith can suck my dick. The guy is probably the stupidest man I have ever heard but in this country that means you get your own T.V. show. I have never heard him say anything but how great T.O., Kobe Bryant, and Allen Iverson are. But hey, you might as well side with the 3 most hated players in sports as long as you are the most hated member of the sports media. I have hated Smith since the first time I heard him talk.

Disney ownes ESPN?

Anyway, I don't watch Sportscenter anymore. I used to watch it all the time, but now its just stupid.

They obsess over Yankees-Sox, Bonds, and T.O. PTI and around the horn are the only shows I like.

And whats with the top ten highlights. They show stupid hightlights for number one, like some sort of animal doing a stunt. Horrible.

SNY=NY Sports here and TV Head.

They talk about the Mets, Yanks, Jets, Giants, Knicks, and that's all I need to know. Short sweet and to the point. All thought it may not be interseting to you non NY fan, it does well for me.

And whats with the top ten highlights. They show stupid hightlights for number one, like some sort of animal doing a stunt. Horrible

When they start showing guys diving into the stands at number 5 I brace myself for a 1 2 finish between the oldest man ever running the 100 meters and the annual lawn mower race that seems to take place every week. Completely kills the crediblity.

Disney ownes ESPN?

yes. why do you think they had owen wilson on the hot seat right when cars came out? or all the sprtscenter shows are sponsered by some lame movie? then they had vince vaughn on the hot seat a week or so later for whatever lame disney flick. it was the main reason that monday night was moved from abc to espn - since abc is a disney company as well. hell disney owns almost everything out here and what they don't own time warner does. only a matter of time before those 2 merge as well.

also the top 10 remember when the world cup was on and the 1 or 2 top 10 plays were world cup highlights? ummm because abc had the world cup rights. there is no significant soccer base here in the USA. and then there was the infamous tiger woods vs. the detroit tigers comparison segment on baseball tonight- what the hell was that? oh abc was airing the golf tournament that weekend. then the pirates of the carribean and pittsburgh pirates highlight reel which was totally mind boggling.

i'll listen to espn radio over watching sportscenter anyday. I can not stand how Sportscenter jumps around. I know that its always been that way but in recent times it seems to more rapid. I agree with steven A smith Kinghernandez. I saw two or three of his shows and I had enough.

"Iverson, Iverson, T.O., I'm Gangster, Kobe is underrated, I'm from the streets, T.O., Kobe, Iverson, T.O. get your money, I'm great and I'm smarter than you, Iverson, T.O. Kobe."

--Steven A. Smith

"Iverson, Iverson, T.O., I'm Gangster, Kobe is underrated, I'm from the streets, T.O., Kobe, Iverson, T.O. get your money, I'm great and I'm smarter than you, Iverson, T.O. Kobe."

--Steven A. Smith

that's a direct quote right?

--Steven A. Smith

haha :lmao: couldn't have said it better myself. I do like Cheap Seats. That's one of the few good things about ESPN right now.

haha :lmao: couldn't have said it better myself. I do like Cheap Seats. That's one of the few good things about ESPN right now.

See Cheap Seats is great. But the thing about the Sklar brothers is that they're funny beyond their show. Like they know their sports but they're also genuinely funny dudes. If you ever see them out of the sports element, they're still great. ESPN is lucky they have them and the sad part is they don't even know how to use them.

See Cheap Seats is great. But the thing about the Sklar brothers is that they're funny beyond their show. Like they know their sports but they're also genuinely funny dudes. If you ever see them out of the sports element, they're still great. ESPN is lucky they have them and the sad part is they don't even know how to use them.

Cheap Seats = Awesome. What was that movie when those guys were gangsta?

"We may be wizzle, but our lizzles be clizzle-blizzle, you feel me dawg?"

Archived