datafile modders please help me

JP_Frost

I've made some edits to a datafile using the datafilecompress utility. I now want to compress the datafileEDIT.txt to datafile.txt, and while it seems that it has worked, as soon as I check the datafile.txt it still has the old values.

What am I doing wrong?

yeah, I did. After that I decompressed the datafile.txt again to see if the changes were made, but the all of the old values were still in tact. The datafileEDIT.txt is also still in the data folder, dunno if it's supposed to be deleted after compressing it.

I also tried deleting the datafile.txt before compressing the datafileEDIT.txt to see if it would create a datafile.txt, but nothing came up, just the datafileEDIT.txt

no, never got that message

come to think of it, when I first opened the utility it had the mvp 2004 data folder as the default location of where the datafile.txt is located. Obviously I changed that to the 2005 data folder (I don't have 2004 installed), so maybe I downloaded an older version of the program?

EDIT: I did download the 2004 version of the program. I'm gonna try the 2005 one right now to see if it worked (I'm a dumb****)

I had that problem too and couldn't solve it, so I use a different method to edit datafiles now.

I actually don't use that program anymore, I use EAZip now. To me it is a bit easier after creating two .bat files.

If someone wants EAZip, you can download it here @ nba-live.com.

So here is how I use it, if someone feels the need:

1. Put EAzip in you MVP Baseball 2005Data folder, where datafile.txt is.

2.1. Open notepad, paste the following line into the text file

eazip -c datafile.txt
and save it as compress.bat 2.2. Make a new file and paste the following line into the text file as in 2.1.
eazip -u datafile.txt

and save it as decompress.bat

Now you have two .bat executables, the compress and decompress utilities. What these two do, is the decompress one decompresses the datafile.txt, so you can edit and save it in a text editor like notepad. The compress executable compresses the datafile into the non-editable format MVP Baseball needs it to be in oreder for the game to work.

3. Run decompress.bat (remember to backup your datafile.txt first!)

4. Open datafile.txt with a text editor. Save your changes.

5. Run decompress.bat. Your changes should be saved in the datafile and ready to be tested.

Archived