What pitcher owns you?

howington

Santana for sure - although i have enormous trouble with lefties full stop...dont have anywhere near the same success against them as opposed to righties.

Lost to David Wells in Game 7 of the the WS one year... never forgot that one either...(another lefty).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shingo Takatsu...throwin his 64 mph changes and curves.

yeah that guy.. I couldn't hit him at all with those off-speed stuff. The only way I managed to have any success off him was his fastball.

Wakefield obviously, then Harden from the A's. For some reason, there's an unrealistic 30 mph difference in his fastball and changeup in the game. Foulke is hard sometimes because he hides the ball so well..

Zito, on the other hand, is the easiest for me because he tips his pitches way early and he's a lefty..David Wells also for the same reason

I don't face too many NL pitchers

this will probably sound stupid.... I just played against Gil Meche of the Mariners tonight in my White Sox dynasty and I couldn't touch his Knucklecurve, even when I saw it coming. It was so F!!!!!!! frustrating. I saw the red ball coming my way... and I would wiff. Lost 4-2. Got 2 off the bullpen.

this will probably sound stupid.... I just played against Gil Meche of the Mariners tonight in my White Sox dynasty and I couldn't touch his Knucklecurve, even when I saw it coming. It was so F!!!!!!! frustrating. I saw the red ball coming my way... and I would wiff. Lost 4-2. Got 2 off the bullpen.

That reminds me, it wasn't Ben Sheets, it was Roy Oswalt with his knucle curve and his curve confusing me.

Submarine pitchers... I hate facing them, especially when used as relievers. I also hate Min-Wang's and Arroyo's release, which give some trouble at times.

Also it seems for some reason any submarine type pitcher gives me trouble just because of the weird arm angle and rising pitches.

Couldn't agree more :)

I remember Josh Beckett having the same release as Schmidt in the newest UR's. It's not difficult for me always, it's just pretty quick and the fastballs can get a bit fast, since I've highered the pitch speed slider to make fastballs tougher for me as well.

for me, wakefield and willis

i hate wakefield's knuckle that make me wait to swing right time but i missed it or too early. twice i face him and i tried first a few innings then maybe 5th inning i start rally to beat him twice however i am glad that i able steal the base when wakefield start to pitch

willis i face him three times and got three loss against willis... whew!

repeating many of the pitchers already mentioned: wakefield, takatsu. but the guy who really gives me problems is jeff nelson and his stretch, zach greinke gives me some trouble with his 59mph curve.

Tim Wakefield, but only for a little bit, as soon as i get used to him I can usually hit him. I know the Knuckler is coming but i just cant wait long enough.

Archived