Daisuke Matsuzaka

D-Unit

I know there is a cyberface and portrait for him, but is there a CAP for him? I don't see one on Fanfare Games and since he isn't in the MLB (yet), I don't know where to look.

remember Wikipedia is your friend:

His fastball ranges from 90-96 mph, with good late movement. He also throws a splitter, changeup and slider with almost the same delivery. He is also the pitcher most associated with the infamous gyroball, although by his own admission he does not throw one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisuke_Matsuzaka

there you go...

I don't think it's possible to recreate the stuff that he throws in MVP. That gyroball is one of the oddest things I've ever seen. I tried to throw it (I'm as curious as George) and since I come sidearm it had this really weird effect, it started off screwing and then moved back across the plate like a slider, and moved pretty throughly. I guess you could make his gyroball a splitter with amazing break, though its the 2nd motion that makes it such a deadly pitch.

thanks. I have gotten some info, but I can't find his translated weight, or pitch velocities for his splitter, changeup, curveball, and "gyroball" which i will use a screwball for now.

Once again, he does not throw the gyroball. There are pitchers that do throw it, but Daisuke Matsuzaka is not one of them.

When you have stuff like he does, you don't need a mythical new pitch.

Once again, he does not throw the gyroball. There are pitchers that do throw it, but Daisuke Matsuzaka is not one of them.

When you have stuff like he does, you don't need a mythical new pitch.

Why you saying that? Read any of many things that state that he does, you can even find them with google.

I've read that before, but I don't think that you should base it all on that one article, because I've read other things, where he said is slyly, and he also hinted at him throwing it, and not many more where he said he didn't.

I am gonna try and make a decent Daisuka Matsuzaka CAP and import him into my dynasty. It will be fun because he will be a free agent and I will have to compete with other teams for him.

Archived