Help with memory ram and graphics?

Dwillisster

I just bought two memory ram of 512mb pc2700 but I dint know that my computer support pc3200 memory ram... What i should do?

I have a Compaq presario Sr1710nx 3400 amd sepron proccesor and integrated ATI radeon xpress 200. Thanks

I think you should do what you already know to do, get rid of the ram you don't need and get the one you do need.
I can't exchange because i bought on ebay and the seller said : no returns...

wow i waste my money.

Note : i'm actually using the memory but i think my pc still slow

your computer will not use the ram properly and probably slow it down. Take out the ram, and try to atleast get something back for the ram. You need the correct ram, and I suggest you goto newegg.com and buy ram and computer products from them as they offer returns and have good deals.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried to even install the ram yet? your mobo memory allocation should be backwards compatible. meaning it should run it. it may not run it at the 3200 but it should be a huge improvement over what you have now. think of it like installing a 4x agp card into a 8x agp slot. it theoretically should still work just fine as long as the connectors on the RAM sticks are the same as the current ones you have in there now- that's the easiest non technical way to explain it.

Archived