Making The Grade... A 2006 Oakland A's Dynasty

rolliefingers08

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure can.

In April, September, October, and maaaybe in May but I haven't tried it yet, if you set the wind to a higher level like 30mph in the stadium select screen, the players bust out the sleeves to keep from freezing their asses off.

Alright, I'll try it out. Thanks!

Like I said, I just had to get the game to start working again. Now that I have, just last night actually, I'm going to get back at it. I'm just going to play a couple exhibition games to get back in the groove, readjust the ratings for a lot of players the way I see fit (although UR is pretty damn good the way it is), and then sim back to the point I was at before, and hopefully I can keep the record as close as possible. I'd replay it, but let's be honest the early season games aren't nearly as fun so I don't want to be replaying them.

• 2 weeks later...

SavReader won't work with the rosters now, but I'll give a rundown of stuff that's interesting.

The A's are now 5-5, tied for the division lead with... everyone in the division.

It's like the game knew how to keep up my dynasty. Huston Street has blown a couple games, and has an 18.00 ERA. Duchscherer has struggled a bit as well.

Frank Thomas took awhile to hit his first home run, but he leads the team with 10 RBIs and is slowly shaking the rust off with a .250 average. Eric Chavez is off to a solid start, with only 1 home run but hitting .325 with 8 RBIs.

The A's return home for some big divisional games against the Texas Rangers, and then see Detroit and Orange County of California visit Oakland during the rest of the homestand.

Stay tuned, as the A's get back at it.

dynastytop.gif

Game 1 of 3: Texas Rangers (5-5) @ Oakland Athletics (5-5)

Zito Goes The Distance

0415.gif

Left: Chavez rounds the bases after his solo shot in the 4th. Right: Zito celebrates his complete game victory.

0415box.gif

Two aces hooked up on this night as Barry Zito took the mound against Kevin Millwood, but only one of them showed up with their A game, as Zito went 9 innings striking out two and walking one on 90 pitches. Millwood on the other hand walked 4 straight batters in the first, to give the A's a 2-0 lead, and Eric Chavez singled home a run to make it 3-0 after one inning.

Millwood settled down after that, but in the 4th Chavez tagged him again, this time for a solo home run to make it 4-0. That was all Zito needed as he used his fielders to shut down a high powered Rangers offense, taking home his 2nd win of the season.

Clubhouse Talk:

Zito: "A big credit goes to the guys behind me, as it's not often you can go all the way with only two strikeouts."

Tommorow: Rich Harden faces Adam Eaton.

Nice outing. I assume you turned a double play as you faced six batters over the minimum though you allowed seven baserunners?

Yes, there was 1 double play, and 2 more attempted but one of them I screwed up not thinking, and had Dan Johnson throw to 2nd despite being a foot away from his bag, and the other was beat out by Michael Young.

dynastytop.gif

Gaudin Goes Down

302146.gif

Gaudin throws in Spring Training

icon_oak.gif The Oakland Athletics announced today that triple-A righty Chad Gaudin has suffered a torn knee PCL, and will miss the next 3-4 months.

He was placed on the 60-day DL this morning after evaluation from A's and Sacramento River Cats team doctors. The injury happened on a play in which Gaudin was fielding a throw at first base, when he collided with a base runner and fell at an awkward angle onto his right leg.

No roster assignments have been made because of the injury.

• 2 weeks later...

dynastytop.gif

Game 2 of 3: Texas Rangers (5-6) @ Oakland Athletics (6-5)

A's Bats Come Up Dry

0416.gif

Left: Bradley adds another outfield assist as Lee is gunned at the plate. Right: Team leaders Melhuse and Thomas are not pleased.

0416box.gif

Rich Harden faced off against Adam Eaton in what was thought to be a lopsided matchup on the mound, but while Harden went the distance allowing just 1 run on 3 hits, striking out 4, it was Eaton who came away with a win, baffling the A's bats and using his wildness to his own advantage.

Mark Teixera doubled and Hank Blalock brought him home to score the only run the Rangers would need in the 5th inning.

Twice the A's loaded the bases; in the 5th Milton Bradley was down 0-2 to Eaton when he threw 3 straight balls to load the count, and then fired one right down the middle that Bradley could only watch as he was punched out to end the inning. Then later on, also with the bases juiced, Eric Chavez went down on an awful pitch out of the zone to end the threat.

Eaton had a little trouble in the 9th, but Akinori Otsuka bailed him out for the save.

Clubhouse Talk:

Chavez: "We know well enough that if our bats don't get doing consistently, changes are going to be made, and that's not something we want."

Tommorow: Esteban Loaiza tries to take the series for the A's, and Nick Swisher returns to the lineup after a slight groin pull.

dynastytop.gif

Game 3 of 3: Texas Rangers (6-6) @ Oakland Athletics (6-6)

Loaiza Bounces Back, A's Take The Series

0417.gif

Left: Scutaro brings one in during the 2nd inning. Right: The A's go home happy as they take the series.

0417box.gif

With an ERA over 10, Esteban Loaiza needed to have a strong start to prove his worth as a $7 million free agent signing, and he pitched very well over 7 innings, striking out 8 while walking 1 and allowing 6 hits.

Vincente Padilla was out of the game quickly as he didn't escape the 2nd inning with 4 runs put up on him, including a couple RBI's from Marco Scutaro and Nick Swisher.

Justin Duchscherer threw 2 innings in relief as the A's took the game 7-2.

Clubhouse Talk:

Macha: "It's nice to see that after a day like yesterday, we're able to get right back on the sticks and take it to our opponent early."

Tomorrow: The A's take a day off before they face the rebuilt Detroit Tigers at home as they send Danny Haren to the mound.

Blah, so I played game one against Detroit but I completely blew it, and didn't take any pictures or the box score... like I completely zoned out.

But, I'll give a summary of it... Danny Haren, pitched alright. 5.1 innings, 4 runs against, Kiko Calero got out of a big jam in the 6th. The A's had a 6-5 lead going into the 9th, and here comes Huston Street.

BAM. Leadoff triple, ANOTHER blown save. His job is not secure unless he turns this around immediately. The Tigers scored 3 or 4 in the 10th and took the game.

Joe Blanton is on the mound for the 2nd game of the series.

Blah, so I played game one against Detroit but I completely blew it, and didn't take any pictures or the box score... like I completely zoned out.

But, I'll give a summary of it... Danny Haren, pitched alright. 5.1 innings, 4 runs against, Kiko Calero got out of a big jam in the 6th. The A's had a 6-5 lead going into the 9th, and here comes Huston Street.

BAM. Leadoff triple, ANOTHER blown save. His job is not secure unless he turns this around immediately. The Tigers scored 3 or 4 in the 10th and took the game.

Joe Blanton is on the mound for the 2nd game of the series.

I've had that problem with Street in the past as well - I ended up trading for Jose Mesa and moving Street to setup it got so bad.

Good luck!

Archived