Making The Grade... A 2006 Oakland A's Dynasty

rolliefingers08

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dynastytop.gif

Game 3 of 3: Oakland Athletics (43-35) @ San Diego Padres (45-33)

Padres Win On Walker Off

0630.gif

Left: Bradley chases a Gonzalez double to the outfield wall. Right: Walker gets an arm after hitting his walk-off shot in the 11th.

0630box.gif

The A's went into the final day of their 3-game set with the San Diego Padres hoping to cap off their road trip on a positive note, however such was not the case as the A's dropped the rubber match of the series 3-1 in extra innings.

Josh Barfield hit a solo home run in the 6th inning to give the Padres a 1-0 lead, and it looked safe going into the 9th with starter Shawn Estes still on the mound. Nick Swisher delivered with a single to lead off the inning, and he moved up to 2nd on an Eric Chavez walk. Bobby Kielty laid down a sacrifice bunt to advance the runners, bringing the enigma that is Bobby Crosby to the plate. This time the young shortstop delivered with a fly ball to deep right, scoring Swisher from 3rd and tying the game. That was it for Estes as he finished with a solid line of 8 2/3 innings pitched, allowing just 1 run on 7 hits and 3 walks, striking out 7.

Through 10 and a half innings the game was tied, but Justin Duchscherer gave up a single to lead off the home side of the 11th, and was pulled for the lefthanded matchup of Joe Kennedy on pinch-hitter Ryan Klesko. After a quick one-pitch groundball out, Todd Walker stepped up to the plate, and the 2nd pitch he saw was driven deep to left-centerfield, out of the reach of Mark Kotsay at the wall to win the game on a walk off home run.

Clubhouse Talk:

Kennedy: "That's just one of those things where you make the right pitch, but it wasn't right enough and the guy tagged me on it."

Tomorrow: The A's are back home to the Coliseum as they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks.

• 2 months later...

Bah... I miss doing this!

My p.o.s. computer decided to restart on its own while installing windows updates, and as a result, no longer logs on, and requires a windows repair... so it's on the DL for awhile longer.

Hopefully now that the problem has been diagnosed, it can be fixed quickly, because I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN!

So rest assured, I will be back, and there is much to be done.

That is very nice to hear. Would you be continuing this same dynasty or would you be starting a new one? BTW, when I had first started my dynasty, I was basing the format off of yours. Hope everything works and that you start posting again. Really liked your presentations. Take care.

Ohh I hope to be continuing on with this one, as long as none of my files end up corrupted. I know it's still stuck in 2006, which is why I had been trying to go as quickly as possible.

The plan is to go through the 2007 offseason as close to realistic as possible, although I wouldn't rule out a resigning of Barry Zito or Frank Thomas. I also plan to 'fix' the offseason with the team changer and player editor to put prominent free agents on the teams they ended up with in 2007.

Archived