Royals Stadium

Ace152

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see this stadium made. Anything to build upon the classics.

It won't happen. It's a Royals mod, mark my words, it won't happen. If it happens and this stadium gets made, I'll check myself into a mental hospital...

It won't happen. It's a Royals mod, mark my words, it won't happen. If it happens and this stadium gets made, I'll check myself into a mental hospital...

Maybe it will. There were 2 Royals cyberfaces made, so I guess anything's possible. :whistle:

people shouldn't forget that there were some great Royals teams before. There were the Royals of about 1980-1985. They were really good, they just for the most part sucked in October. (see: 1980.) Anyway, this is kind of off-topic, but the mod should look cool, looking forward to it.

The 70's Royals were damn good too. 3 division titles in their first 10 years as a team.

Yankees vs Royals was actually a HUGE rivalry.

I wouldnt say the 80 Royals sucked in October, they did sweep the Yanks that year in the ALCS. Then the WS went 6 games vs the Phils.

they defenitely didn't suck, and i probably shouldn't have said that year specifically, but more often than not they choked in October more than they should have, let's say.

Please god stop with your martyrdom. If you want someone to make a Royals mod, do what dozens of others have done and learn it yourself. I consider Kauffman Stadium the most beautiful park ever built, but you're not the victim just because I have a full-time job and can't mod all day.

Learn it yourself, don't blame the modders who go half-blind doing their work.

they defenitely didn't suck, and i probably shouldn't have said that year specifically, but more often than not they choked in October more than they should have, let's say.

The Yanks took them out in the ALCS 1976-78.

The Chambliss HR was especially painful.

I consider Kauffman Stadium the most beautiful park ever built
whoooah there, slow down... i must say, it's a very nice park, and doesn't get enough credit that it deserves, but... ever heard of wrigley, yankee stadium, fenway, the kingdome? ok, cross that last one out, but still. it's a nice stadium, but not the nicest ever, in my opinion.

whoooah there, slow down... i must say, it's a very nice park, and doesn't get enough credit that it deserves, but... ever heard of wrigley, yankee stadium, fenway, the kingdome? ok, cross that last one out, but still. it's a nice stadium, but not the nicest ever, in my opinion.

1). Wrigley is a dump. No aesthetic value, and no feeling of intimacy you get in other old parks.

2). Yankee Stadium. I'm just gonna move on from here.

3). Fenway is the best park ever built, it holds no intrinsic aesthetic value.

Kauffman is the most beautiful sports architecture ever conceived, with graceful, powerful lines and gorgeous symmetry. And on top of that, the fountains. It is near perfection.

Older parks are great because of their weirdness. Kauffman is great because it's what architecture should be.

Bonny,

Picking up Sean O's suggestion, I also recommend you to work on this mod yourself. It may be hard work and very time-consuming, but it's worth it in the end.

Besides, you got a Pirate (!) in your avatar. Now that's a good start for modding stadiums! ;-)

Please god stop with your martyrdom. If you want someone to make a Royals mod, do what dozens of others have done and learn it yourself. I consider Kauffman Stadium the most beautiful park ever built, but you're not the victim just because I have a full-time job and can't mod all day.

Learn it yourself, don't blame the modders who go half-blind doing their work.

It's only martydom if you're dead, and no one's killed me yet... I think I do ALOT of work around here; I'm the ONLY person who specializes in the Royals, and ALL of it I've learned to to on my own because no one else would do it for me.

So pardon me, Sean O, if I can't seem to mod stadiums or cyberfaces, arguably two of the most difficult things to do in this game... and it's not like I even go around requesting these things anymore. I've kinda stopped, compared to how much I use to request, because I know they won't get done. And you know what? I'm ok with that, I've come to terms with the fact that any Royals mod in the game will be made by me, and I don't mind that.

I don't expect anyone to mod the Royals any more than others, because frankly they dont deserve much privelage over anyone else. It would just be nice to see more of a rounded selection to download here. I've done my part with uniforms, batting gloves, shoes, catcher's gear, and submitting my rosters to Totte... it would just be nice to see some different stadiums from time to time, that aren't on the east coast...

Archived