Should it stay or should it go now?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the only ones who dislike it right now are the ones who are getting bad karmas.
i think that's probably true, but if you start getting -15, you'll have doubts too... let it stay for a bit, and then maybe in like a week or month see how it's going and start up the debate again.

Once again, what does this feature do and what does it mean?
you can "applaud" a person if you like them, or "smite" them if you hate them. It's basically a pointless number showing the popularity of a user on the forums. no real point to it...

I wonder how many people caught the link to the song by The Clash in the thread title. ;)

abc, your karma is probably so low because you were actually asking for negative votes yesterday. Are you surprised that people complied with your request?

I say keep it for now.

I wonder how many people caught the link to the song by The Clash in the thread title. ;)

abc, your karma is probably so low because you were actually asking for negative votes yesterday. Are you surprised that people complied with your request?

I say keep it for now.

I noticed the song reference earlier MarkB, and now it's stuck in my head. ABC you asked for those votes????/ What u been smoking??? LOL

I think the only ones who dislike it right now are the ones who are getting bad karmas.

True, but just the fact that people are already complaining about it makes me think it will cause problems sooner or later.

I noticed the song reference earlier MarkB, and now it's stuck in my head. ABC you asked for those votes????/ What u been smoking??? LOL

lol... well, it was all part of an experiment to see the limit for how low you could get negative/positive karma, but then when i found out i couldn't say it was only an experiment and have my cano sig in the same thing, i stopped it... but most of my negative votes have come after i stopped it, which is really bugging me... oh well.

Its not necissarily a like/dislike thing. Its if someone makes a useless post then you smite them. If they make an interesting/posotive post, you applaud them. abc, it is beyond me how your karma has gone so low. I havn't seen you make any senseless posts.

i think that's probably true, but if you start getting -15, you'll have doubts too... let it stay for a bit, and then maybe in like a week or month see how it's going and start up the debate again.

Hey look, all I got to do is lock a thread around here and I'll get 30 Smites from people. Or if I got to warn someone for doing something that they shouldn't have done. Then I'll get smites. It just hasn't happened yet.

True, but just the fact that people are already complaining about it makes me think it will cause problems sooner or later.

Could be, but right now I only see one person disliking it.

The Karma rating is going to be great for this site... people will want to make there karma rating be high so they will post more meanigfull post and not just spam.

Keep it Trues.. By the way

ABC how is your karma at -21

perhaps if we could access the data for what posts received karma and where the applauds and smites came from, others would be happier?

karma sounds good to me (maybe another name for it though?)

lets people see who the insightful, the contributing or the partisan posters are, allowing others to know who to go to for questions concerning a topic;

encourages acceptable/significant posting;

besides, it adds a little more color to the margin

then again, u can abuse the system (which i think applauds/smites must come with comments, but i doubt that is econimical)

actually, should we care so much about karma?

Archived