UTIL/IF

JuUaAn

Hey everyone,

I was looking through my roster and I see players with their 2nd position as UTIL or as IF.

What is the difference between the two? IF is any infield position I assume. So what's UTIL? Able to play every position?

Some clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I was looking through my roster and I see players with their 2nd position as UTIL or as IF.

What is the difference between the two? IF is any infield position I assume. So what's UTIL? Able to play every position?

Some clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Correct, UTIL can play every position except pitcher. They can even catch, though I don't recommend that.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think I've noticed in MVP that if a player is playing a position other than the ones speficially given to him in MVPEdit or the CAP screen, their defensive attributes lower. So, for instance, if you have Cairo playing catcher, his defensive rating goes down. Like I said, I'm not sure about that, but I remember seeing that in the game. So adding the IF or UTIL to a player can have a big effect on his defense, depending on where you play him.

Archived