One more cyberface?

D-Unit

I am requesting a Brian Bruney cyberface. I know he has a face already, but now he is on the Yankees and does not have facial hair anymore. And he does deserve a new one, he is one of the Yankees' most reliable relievers now. He is 1-1 with a 0.92 ERA and has 25 K in 19.2 innings.

And he doesn't have an updated Yankees portrait either, could someone please do that too?

I would be very grateful if someone did this :D

Yeah guys, we need to get this face done ASAP before we can even think about doing Royals faces or Pirates faces or any other team that's not in New York... chop chop, face modders! Time is of the essence!

I was hoping for someone to accept my request but you have to come in here and make an anti-Yankee/Mets/team with a .500 winning percentage+ comment.

EDIT: btw Spungo, thr33nil is making a few Royals faces (which are great works) and you already have a thread. You don't see me bashing your thread even though the Royals suck.

Yeah guys, we need to get this face done ASAP before we can even think about doing Royals faces or Pirates faces or any other team that's not in New York... chop chop, face modders! Time is of the essence!
:lmao:

I am requesting a Brian Bruney cyberface. I know he has a face already, but now he is on the Yankees and does not have facial hair anymore. And he does deserve a new one, he is one of the Yankees' most reliable relievers now. He is 1-1 with a 0.92 ERA and has 25 K in 19.2 innings.

And he doesn't have an updated Yankees portrait either, could someone please do that too?

I would be very grateful if someone did this :D

I'll see if I can't give it a stab for you D-

Someone else feel free to knock one up too if yur so inclined.

I was hoping for someone to accept my request but you have to come in here and make an anti-Yankee/Mets/team with a .500 winning percentage+ comment.

EDIT: btw Spungo, thr33nil is making a few Royals faces (which are great works) and you already have a thread. You don't see me bashing your thread even though the Royals suck.

What, the Royals suck? Get outta town... show me where I was making fun of your teams -- I hate to crash your thread, but I was just making a point. If it's New Yorkish and you request, you get it. But hey, I'll just be happy with my two faces and run back to my corner now... I'll stop it with the pro-Royals talk around here, I'm gonna start keeping things to myself from now on.

Sorry to upset all the east coast fans, me Royals fan an me ver ydumbs!

oh, and, um... Emil Brown! He'll be a Yankee next year! And so is Runelvys Hernandez, and John Buck (oh, that'll be fun), and David DeJesus! Make cyberfaces for them, quick as you can!

If it's New Yorkish and you request, you get it.

Were it not for the rather large amounts of idiots who visit and post on these forums, that could posibly be one of the stupidest things ever posted on MVPMods.

Let's say you're right, which I don't believe you are. Who's to blame for that? The people who make the requests? The cyberface modders? George W. Bush? At the end of the day, you can't force someone to fulfil a request for a mod. If they want to do it, they will. If they don't, chances are, they won't. And it doesn't make much sense to rubbish a thread simply because the mod being requested is for a team other than the Royals, does it?

One could make the argument that since you're a modder and you understand the unpacking and repacking of MVP files, you should branch out into other categories, such as cyberfaces, and make as many faces as you want to - Royals, Yankees or Lancaster Barnstormers, if you so desire.

Just because you've had a few requests turned down doesn't mean you should go into every thread which requests a mod for a more popular team than the Royals (which, let's face it, isn't exactly uncommon) and make sarcastic comments about them, as you've done in this thread.

That said, you're a great modder in your own right and I do have a hell of a lot of respect for you. However, it would be nice to read a normal request thread as opposed to one where it's been taken over by pro-Royals/anti-Yankees/Red Sox/East Coast talk.

Besides, you never know. Brian Bruney could be traded to the Royals next year, and you might just be requesting a cyberface for him then. :)

You're right, MarkB, I shouldn't have jumped into this thread. It just gets a little frustrating for people like me who have very little mods to download.

And what I posted wasn't stupid, it was the truth. And no one's to blame for that. There are millions and millions more New York fans than there are Royals fans, so obviously more people will request stuff for those two teams and more modders will make them. It's no one's fault, it's just the way things go.

It just gets a little frustrating after awhile, when a New York single A player who's been in the league for 2 weeks gets a cyberface, and the majority of sucky teams like the Royals and Pirates go un-modded. But hey, it's no one's fault, it's just how things go.

Obviously there's no solution here, as people shouldn't be forced to mod all teams in terms of fairness, so there's not much to say after this. I'm gonna keep my frustrations to myself from now on, so I apologize again for venting today...

oh, and, um... Emil Brown! He'll be a Yankee next year! And so is Runelvys Hernandez, and John Buck (oh, that'll be fun), and David DeJesus! Make cyberfaces for them, quick as you can!

Most of those guys already have cyberfaces.

You're right, MarkB, I shouldn't have jumped into this thread. It just gets a little frustrating for people like me who have very little mods to download.

And what I posted wasn't stupid, it was the truth. And no one's to blame for that. There are millions and millions more New York fans than there are Royals fans, so obviously more people will request stuff for those two teams and more modders will make them. It's no one's fault, it's just the way things go.

It just gets a little frustrating after awhile, when a New York single A player who's been in the league for 2 weeks gets a cyberface, and the majority of sucky teams like the Royals and Pirates go un-modded. But hey, it's no one's fault, it's just how things go.

Obviously there's no solution here, as people shouldn't be forced to mod all teams in terms of fairness, so there's not much to say after this. I'm gonna keep my frustrations to myself from now on, so I apologize again for venting today...

I totally agree, and I also think that there should be a lot more consideration for fans of relatively small-market teams such as the Royals and Pirates. It's unfortunate that there isn't, but, as you said, it's just how things go.

I just didn't, and don't, think that a request thread for a Yankees player is the right place to vent such frustrations. Hell, if I had my wish for the game, it would be that every player on the Trenton Thunder roster has a face, but as it probably won't happen anytime soon, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

In a perfect modding world, a team of modders could go through the clubs, in order from MLB-A, and make cyberfaces for each player, say, once a year. However, the chances of that are about the same as the chances of George W. Bush resigning tomorrow. Again, unfortunately. ;)

i know this isnt the place to say this but i will be quite happy to make cyberfaces for any player irrespective of wat team they play for (when i get some time off work that is i do have next 3 days off ) so i might comeout with a request threadwhich ppl can post there requests at hopefully i will be asood as jogar one day if u dont know my work there is a royce clayton cyberface which is my first release hope u like it.

Wow.. getting a little heated in here.

Anyway. I took the Brian Bruney that was already in my Models.big and re-did the fsh and tweaked the orl and ord. Im not sure who originally made it so permission may be hard to get for a release.

Heck, I don't even know if its accurate. Never seen the dude pitch and I can't find a picture of him without his beard/goat.

For the record.. I am an avid Yankee disliker but figured I'de help out DUnit since he is a good guy - Go figure, Yankee fan and a good guy. hmmm- ;)

bruneycx6.jpg

Damn thr33nil, that is one of your best faces. You can't really get much closer than that. I hope that the person who made this face approves.

And thanks for the compliment :D .

• 5 months later...

Resurrection! Saw that a new one of these were made and it reminded me that I had one sitting in my WIP file that never was released.

Just thought I would bump this up to see if anyone wanted it. I made this face last year and never released it because I couldn't find the original modder who added it to big shmooz's model.big. I never could find it anywhere else in the downloads besides the BS models releases.

I basically modded everything about it. Removed his beard and improved the overall texture along with fixing his head shape quite a bit.

So if anyone wants it drop me a PM and I will send it to you. Probably shouldn't release it since proper credit can't be given.

Archived