The Story of George Diaz

GEOLINK

What Do You Think About The "Career Mode"?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Great, Continue
    • Good
    • Needs More, Comment on topic about what needs to be done
    • Bad

banneray3.png

How This "Career Mode" will be played out:

-Games involving the Created Character I will play

-I will sim the other games that don't have to do with the character

As you noticed this idea was taken from fellow MVPmods member, turma. Who started one late summer but never continue it. So thank you, Turma for this great idea. Props.

Settings/Gameplay tuning:

Difficulty: MVP

Strike Zone: OFF

Pitching Meter: OFF

Hot/Cold Zones: OFF

Fielding: MVP

Rosters: UR v8.0

Introduction:

George Diaz, was born in a nearby hospital down in the Bronx near the all time greatest and legendary stadium what is YANKEE STADIUM. "I don't know how it happend I think my birth was magical, ever since I was a kid I watched the Yankees and played little softball games in my Gym periods in my school. I always watched Donny Baseball play and always wanted be just like him. But my real hero was pitcher, Ron Guidry. It was like he striked out every batter he pitched. I was amazed. George's dad, Miguel Diaz played for a nearby team who's affiliaction was the Mets. "I was born a Yankee fan, but I had talent so I needed to put them to work. It was hard having a full time job, playing for the Minor Mets, and serving your wife and kids everyday." Commented Diaz dad.

Now at 20, George Diaz. A graduate of St. John's is in the major league draft of 2006. Ready to be drafted by the only team he knows best. The New York Yankees. "I can't wait, im so proud of myself. I worked hard, I played with the St. John's collage team and had a very good Senior year. Went 21-6 and won a Gold Medal for it."

Sindy Williams, interviewer for Global Newspaper asked "If you don't get selected Monday night by the Yankees. What are your expectations?" He answered. "Get drafted by the Mets :wink: ."

Character Info:

Player Card from St. John's:

Name: George D. Diaz

Height: 6'5''

Weight: 223 *now weighing at 210lbs.*

Position: Starting Pitcher

Throws: Left

Bats: Right

Jersey Number: 7

Talent Pitches:

98MPH Fastball, Great Accuratcy

88MPH Slider, Very Good Movement

85-88MPH Knuckle-Curve, Drops

Other Skills:

Decent Bunt

Can work the Relief role

Great Additude, funny

Won 1 Medal for being a great Def. Player on the mound

Scouting Report:

Hasn't pitched since last August of 2005, since taking time off to visit family at the end of the 2005 St. John's season. Might have alittle rust in his pitches. Still a great pitcher.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]mlbdraftfk8.png[/align]

Yankees Pick Prospect: C Victor Mulder

Yankees Pick: SP Jason Ishii

Yankees Final Pick: SS Jose Martinez

Mets Pick: SP Xavier Cho

Mets Pick: 1B Carlos Carter

Mets Final Pick: RP Darren Smoltz

disappointedor8.png

Victor Mulder, the Yankees No.1 pick as shown on SNY

Blog

Very dark night for George Diaz as all MLB teams pick there future. As 1 men didn't make it to the cut, George Diaz. SNY, YES, ESPN, even FSN all commented about the Yankees taking the No.1 best player in the draft, Victor Mulder. "He has the makings of another great catcher" commented Yankee GM Brian Cashman over the phone with all the Sports Channels. Victor Mulder a fellow teammate of George Diaz in St. John's surprised Diaz.

Diaz, 20, a now Free Agent Draftee. Will now have to wait until Spring Training or more until one team contacts him for a contract. "I'll wait, Good for Mulder. I'll see him in the Minors :club: "

("I know the Draft is during Baseball Season but it's more interesting if it were to be after the season")

Blog

On the verge of Spring Training, I recive a fax on behalf of my Agent. That he talked to the Yankees and Mets all day and that the Yankees have called him back today. They have invited me to Spring Training. I told everyone about it, im so happy and excited and I owe my Agent alot. Now I have to fly to Tampa.

Diaz Headed To Tampa

March. 9, 2006

---Yankee GM Brian Cashman announced Wednesday night that he added another man to the Spring Training invite roster. 20 year old, George Diaz. A St. John graduate of 2005, a Bronx native. Will join the team Thursday afternoon to make his 1st spring training start aganist the Blue Jays.

Thanks T4L, i was going to kill this dynasty because there was enough votes of a bad dynasty.

Don't listen to them, they are just player haters. Continue with the dynasty, enough people will follow.

Yeah, turma did some very nice stuff, too bad it never really went anywhere... but this seems like it should be an exciting "career mode". However, it's kind of annoying when all these people have fantastic, already major league skills, 98 mph fastball, knee-buckling curve with exceptional control. However, not necessarily this one, sounds very good, will be following.

Next Start: Vs. Mets

Maybe very good start for the dynasty seeing as Diaz was considering going to the Mets if the Yankees never drafted him, interesting start.

Archived