Anyone ever feel anti-social?

Kccitystar

I'm a pretty social person with secluded hobbies, I guess. Most of what I like to do is stuff I like to do alone. I like to program, I like to play video games, I usually like watching sports solo... at least baseball. Football is fun to watch with buddies, you know... to get riled up and scream and shout.

That said, while most of what I do keeps me alone... I've a very social person. I think I'm pretty witty and so I use that to my advantage and I'm a wise-cracking smartass. I go in oscillations, as far as my "social" scene goes. I'll take a couple weeks off, and then I have a weekend where I go out, party and get wasted.

In high school though I definitely kept to myself... I -never- hung out with friends and I would play games hours and hours a day. I ended up finding out that some of my friends share the same hobbies that I do (when I never expected it). You'd be surprised at how many college-aged people like video games.

I wouldn't sweat it. Do what you like. I think "socializing" on message boards on the internet is perfectly legit. I don't consider the people "real" friends, but they are fun to talk to and at least you'll know you're talking to someone other than yourself.

Welcome to the forum. How can you be 50% antisocial?

He'd tell you but right now he's feeling that half of himself right now.

I'm a pretty social person with secluded hobbies.

Thought you were about to start talking about cutting up dead bodies or some freaked out crap like that. Don't scare me like that.

KC is a loser!

jk

You can call me anti social. When there are big dances and stuff, I kind of just blow them off. First of all it's $20 bucks just to get into the school dance. Second, that kind of stuff doesn't interest me. There's nothing wrong with being alone sometimes. Sometimes on Fridays when my friends are going to the movies or whatever and I don't feel like going, I'll just stay home. Sometimes I'd rather be home on Friday's just chillin after a long week and watch some T.V. Instead of going to the movies sometimes I'll invite some people over my house and we'll just hang out in the basement (kind of like that 70's show without the weed and kelsos sexy circle lol) I like to hang out with the girls too. I try to stay away from the whole BG GF stuff. First of all its retarted. You get this one girl who is "hookin up" with about 10 diff guys at once. Just plane stupid. I'm just friends with the ladies. I just play it like it goes.

So there's nothing wrong with just stayin alone sometimes, and just chilaxin.

It's a problem though when you lock yourself in your dark room everyday and don't come in contact with other people for weeks. You have to talk to people sometimes.

KC is a loser!

jk

You can call me anti social. When there are big dances and stuff, I kind of just blow them off. First of all it's $20 bucks just to get into the school dance. Second, that kind of stuff doesn't interest me. There's nothing wrong with being alone sometimes. Sometimes on Fridays when my friends are going to the movies or whatever and I don't feel like going, I'll just stay home. Sometimes I'd rather be home on Friday's just chillin after a long week and watch some T.V. Instead of going to the movies sometimes I'll invite some people over my house and we'll just hang out in the basement (kind of like that 70's show without the weed and kelsos sexy circle lol) I like to hang out with the girls too. I try to stay away from the whole BG GF stuff. First of all its retarted. You get this one girl who is "hookin up" with about 10 diff guys at once. Just plane stupid. I'm just friends with the ladies. I just play it like it goes.

It's a problem though when you lock yourself in your dark room everyday and don't come in contact with other people for weeks. You have to talk to people sometimes.

I second it all except the KC is a loser part, even if that was a joke. Gives me a great excuse to sit at home. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

I feel very antisocial now, living in a town with 4+ million Yankees fans. I want to go out, get a bite to eat, and then plan for 07.

PS, Reading an article about Game 7 on mets.com was not the smartest thing I could've done. But if we were this good with no pitching I wonder how good we'll be with Zito. :wink:

I'm no loser, I have my moments where you know, I like to socialize but I don't really like being around people 24/7. Working in Retail is a nightmare.

Being a Sales Associate is hell on earth

KC is a loser!

jk

Good post NYM(for once), that's all me right there.

Talkin to u online, u sound a lot like. Laid back, take as it is. Actually you told me thats how u are. I'm the same way man. I just go with the flow. If I feel like doing something, I will, if I don't then I don't.

Again, being alone is okay. Everyone needs downtime. For instance, it's Friday today. Tonight, bunch of kids are goin to the movies, but right now, I don't feel like going. I'm still upset over the Mets, and I'm a little on the tired side from having hockey every night this week. So you know what, I'm not going to go.

Maybe tomorrow I'll do something. Just because you like being by yourself, doesn't mean theres anything wrong with you. I love just sittin in my rooms sometimes, watchin TV.

Archived