D-Unit

How is the dynasty?  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• Good
    • Decent
    • Bad

[align=center]dunitxt9.png

The Yankees are looking to rebound from a loss to the Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim in the 2005 American League Division Series, losing three games to two. But this year, the Yankees have rebuilt the bullpen with Mike Myers, Ron Villone, Octavio Dotel, and Kyle Farnsworth, the new set-up man to Mariano Rivera. But the biggest splash in the pool was definetely inking Johnny Damon to a four year, $52 million deal to patrol the legendary center field at Yankee Stadium, which was graced by Yankee heroes such as Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, and recently Bernie Williams. They also aquired Bobby Abreu and Craig Wilson to reinforce the lineup with patience and power, as well as defense. Cory Lidle was also dealt for and will be in the back end of the rotation, with Sal Fasano, who was picked up from Free Agency, can serve as a backup catcher.

In 2006, the Yankees threaten to be one of the greatest offenses baseball has ever seen, and with the theme "Pride, Power, Pinstripes", this Bronx ballclub figures to win it all this year. Stay tuned...

- Here is the Yankees' 25 man roster as seen on MLB.com -

25manrosterbr1.th.jpg

Starting Lineup

CF Johnny Damon

SS Derek Jeter

RF Bobby Abreu

3B Alex Rodriguez

1B Jason Giambi

DH Gary Sheffield

LF Hideki Matsui

C Jorge Posada

2B Robinson Cano

Bench

C Sal Fasano

1B Craig Wilson

2B Miguel Cairo

CF Bernie Williams

CF Melky Cabrera

Starting Rotation

Randy Johnson

Mike Mussina

Chien-Ming Wang

Jaret Wright

Cory Lidle

Bullpen

Lefty - Mike Myers

Longman - Ron Villone

MRP - Brian Bruney

MRP - Scott Proctor

SU - Kyle Farnsworth

CL - Mariano Rivera

Injured

Tanyon Sturtze (Torn Rotator Cuff, out for season)

Carl Pavano (Bruised buttocks, Bone chips, Broken ribs/shoulder, out for season)

Aaron Small (Strained Hamstring, 15-Day DL)

Octavio Dotel (Tommy John Surgery, out for 4-5 months)

Options

MVP Difficulty

No Strike Zone

No Hot/Cold Zones

Variable Strike Zone On

Blown Umpire Calls On

Variable "Stuff" On

Mods

MVP06: Final Version Mod

Totte's Ultimate Rosters 8.0 Plus Edition

Tywiggins' Schedule Updater

Tywiggins' Team Changer

TheSpungo's Glove Pack 3.0

Kennyess' Wood Bats

69Yanks' Yankee Stadium Roll Call

Trues' YES '06 Overlay

Trues' MLB Ball

Big Shmooz models.big

Hory's Total Portraits 2006 Complete Set

KC's Total MLB 1.09[/align]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude Why??? What's this ur 8th dynasty? I love your dynasties and all but you need to focus on 1 or else ur going to end up like me lol

Apparently, you didn't read my old dynasty thread. All my dynasties accidentally got overwrote or kept freezing or got deleted. Hopefully, none of these will happen this time.

Who the hell said I was doing bad in the poll? I haven't even posted a freakin' game yet! Must be a Met fan...

For some reason, the lineup keeps showing up without a DH. I just tried playing and there is no DH. I kept switching around the option of a DH in MVP and it seems to do nothing. It's really weird...

Sorry guys, I just found out that I have a basketball game in 20 min, and I live 10 min away from the place I'm playing at. I can't play my Opening Day Game just yet.

[align=center]April 3rd, 2006

april3rdrandyjohnsondr4.jpg april3rdbarryzitosx3.jpg[/align]

[align=center]april3rdboxscorema5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]april3rdbobbyabreucy7.jpg april3rdjohnnydamongi5.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Bobby Abreu's RBI single in the first, Johnny Damon's eighth inning single.[/align]

[align=center]april3rdjorgeposadase0.jpg april3rdmarianoriveraiu6.jpg

Jorge Posada's ugly tag on Abreu's throw, Mariano Rivera pitching sharp.

[/align]Opening Day 2006 has finally arrived, and the Yankees' high octane offense was shut down for the most part by Oakland ace Barry Zito, but they got just enough to squeak by with a 2-1 victory. Zito (0-1) was charged with two runs on only three hits, and had nine strikeouts, but four walks led to a pitch count of 108 that knocked him out of the game. Randy Johnson (ND) pitched great as well, allowing one run on seven hits in six strong innings with four K's. He threw only 73 pitches but was removed for precautionary reasons.

"We wanted to make sure he was fine. He did his job, but his arm started dropping and he wasn't following through anymore," said manager Joe Torre. "He was leaving pitches over the plate and it was a tight game in which we didn't want to lose from fatigue." The right move was made indeed.

But before that, the Yankees jumped out to 1-0 in the first when new Yankee Johnny Damon singled, stole second, moved to third on Derek Jeter's groundout, and scored on Bobby Abreu's single.

After the game, Damon told reporters "It felt great wearing a Yankee uniform, it's a privelege among baseball players. And going 2-2 with two walks and two runs scored is probably the best night a leadoff man can have. And the first run we scored was pure fundamentals, the most basic way to manufacture runs."

In fact, all of the five hits permitted between Zito (3) and reliever Justin Duchscherer (2) were singles, which is not a hint to the offense potential the Yankees have.

After the Bombers had the one run lead, it was knotted up in the Oakland third when Eric Chavez's RBI double scored Mark Ellis, who had singled earlier in the inning. Chavez was a perfect 3-3.

The two teams from separate coasts then traded zeroes throughout the next four frames. But leading off the eighth, Damon notched his second hit of the game, a screaming liner through Zito's legs. At this point, A's manager Ken Macha pulled Zito in favor of Duchscherer. Damon advanced to second before Jason Giambi singled him in to make it 2-1.

By then, Johnson was out of the game, and Brian Bruney (1-0), a free agent last seen with the Diamondbacks, had already worked a perfect seventh inning with only four pitches.

The large crowd went nuts after two hits off of Kyle Farnsworth put runners on the corner with nobody out. But then a high fly ball off the bat of Mark Kotsay went to deep right field. But Bobby Abreu got a great running start, caught the ball, and made a spectacular throw at the plate to nail the runner at the plate easily to record a second out. Then Jason Kendall singled to left, and once again, the A's were pushing for a run, this time they waved Mark Ellis home. But Hideki Matsui got it in quick, and a second great throw nailed Ellis to end the inning.

The typical ninth inning for the Yankees saw a vintage Mariano Rivera strike out the side on eleven pitches to preserve a 2-1 victory.

Game 8 - NYY def. KC 2-1

W - Wang (2-0) L - Redman (0-2) S - Rivera (3)

Game 9 - KC def. NYY 3-2

W - Wood (1-0) L - Proctor (0-1) S - De La Rosa (1)

Game 10 - NYY def. MIN 7-1

W - Lidle (2-0) L - Bonser (1-1)

Game 11 - MIN def. NYY 6-2

W - Santana (1-2) L - Johnson (1-1)

Game 12 - MIN def. NYY 12-3

W - Radke (1-1) L - Mussina (0-2)

MLB News as of April 18th, 2006

John Buck of the Kansas City Royals has Tendonitis of the knee, and will miss 19 days.

Lyle Overbay of the Toronto Blue Jays has separated his shoulder, and will miss 68 days.

Josh Johnson of the Florida Marlins has a fractured finger, and will miss 23 days.

Dustin Hermanson of the Chicago White Sox has suffered a minor PCL sprain, and will miss 10 days.

Joe Blanton of the Oakland A's has also sprained his PCL, and is missing 14 days.

I will play the Blue Jays today.

Archived