What's wrong with me

Dwillisster

Hi guys. I need help with my gameplay ,cause i cant win a game... I have tried all datafiles and slider on this site. i searched in the forums 112 pages...

i'm a baseball player and why i cant win a game on mvp2005. please guys i need suggestion....thanks

thanks kc i'll try that.. Kc what datafile are you using?

Default EA datafile for the time being. What I tend to do is not hit the green part of the meter on two strikes if I'm aiming at corners, this way my breaking pitches break late or break early so they'll be hacking in no time.

Default EA datafile for the time being. What I tend to do is not hit the green part of the meter on two strikes if I'm aiming at corners, this way my breaking pitches break late or break early so they'll be hacking in no time.

Kc can u send me that Datafile? thanks

Kc can u send me that Datafile? thanks

The default datafile is contained in the data datafile datafile.big file. If you've installed another datafile (datafile.txt) in your data folder, just delete it and the game will use the default datafile that is in datafile.big.

Also, have you turned on any of the pitching aids (pitch cursor, strike zone, hot / cold zones)? Are you doing your own fielding? I use assisted fielding myself (the ball is fielded for me, but I still control where to throw the ball).

The default datafile is contained in the data datafile datafile.big file. If you've installed another datafile (datafile.txt) in your data folder, just delete it and the game will use the default datafile that is in datafile.big.

Also, have you turned on any of the pitching aids (pitch cursor, strike zone, hot / cold zones)? Are you doing your own fielding? I use assisted fielding myself (the ball is fielded for me, but I still control where to throw the ball).

I have pitch cursor off and hot/clod zones off. I don't have problems fielding .

My problems are pitching, because the cpu hit everithing that i throw ...i have good pitcher like schilling and beckeet and the cpu hit 19 hits again them.

I have pitch cursor off and hot/clod zones off. I don't have problems fielding .

My problems are pitching, because the cpu hit everithing that i throw ...i have good pitcher like schilling and beckeet and the cpu hit 19 hits again them.

With Schilling, keep the ball low. All the time. with two strikes, throw a splitter that breaks early to keep the hitters off balance, his best pitches would be the heat and the splitter, every other pitch is 3rd or 4th best. Usually what I do is use his best pitches, not to isolate the others but when you're digging for a strikeout, use his best pitches.

Are you aware that when pitching, you don't press the pitch button 3 times?

You need to press and hold it, releasing it when it's near the end of the pitching meter, and then press the button again when it's in the green area(or close to it)

With Schilling, keep the ball low. All the time. with two strikes, throw a splitter that breaks early to keep the hitters off balance, his best pitches would be the heat and the splitter, every other pitch is 3rd or 4th best. Usually what I do is use his best pitches, not to isolate the others but when you're digging for a strikeout, use his best pitches.

thanks Kc.... I put the original default datafile but now i dno't have walkup music. what i need to do to get the walkup music back? thanks

In MVP 03 You used to be able to pitch the same thing every time and the PC would not catch on.

Not anymore. You need to change up your pattern if you pitch in a pattern.

Pitching

Example. 1st inning, I can pitch change up, change up, Fastball.

2nd inning, Curve, Splitter, Slider.

3rd inning, Fastball Fastball, change up or Fastball Fastball Splitter.

You get the overall point.

Don’t throw the same thing over and over again. Let’s say the PC starts getting to your pitching. Don’t continue your pattern, go to something else to throw them off to get out of a jam.

Lastly, try to throw some breaking stuff or whatever outside of the strike zone. You may get a call in your favor if the batter does not swing even though you clearly threw a ball, or you may get the batter swinging to foul it off, strike out, or hit it to a fielder. Most likely the last 2 things.

Hitting.

I used to swing at everything which is why I play on Pro. In a bad game, I would not even have a score until the 6th and then I’d win 7-0 or something like that every time. But it would take a long time to get points because I was swinging no matter what. I try to settle down now. I tried for a few months simply not swinging at the first pitch not matter what. I got this from the book moneyball when it talked about Hatteberg. That will help you to see more pitches, wear the pitcher down more, and help you guess at what pitch may be next. I have JUST NOW started playing on All Star and if I win I barely win. I may start implementing more patience on my part by not swinging at the first two pitches. I got this idea from Wade Boggs who said he was asked how in the world he could be so good all of the time at getting on base. His answer “Take 2 and Ohâ€. I got those words in my head now and can’t get away from them. When I notice I’m not doing it I remind myself “Take 2 and Ohâ€.

I play with just the pitch cursor on fade (strike zone and hot / cold zones off). I can place the pitch where I want to throw it, but the cursor fades away after a few seconds (before I actually throw the ball).

What pitcher view do you use? I use the behind-the-pitcher view myself. When I first started playing, I left the strike zone on. After playing a while, I found that I had memorized where the corners or the strike zone were and I turned the strike zone off. That helped make pitching a little more challenging.

I tend to pitch more toward the lower left and right corners of the strike zone to try to induce more ground balls. If I have two strikes on a batter (but not a full count), I will sometimes try pitching a high fastball to see if I can get the batter to chase the pitch.

I play with just the pitch cursor on fade (strike zone and hot / cold zones off). I can place the pitch where I want to throw it, but the cursor fades away after a few seconds (before I actually throw the ball).

What pitcher view do you use? I use the behind-the-pitcher view myself. When I first started playing, I left the strike zone on. After playing a while, I found that I had memorized where the corners or the strike zone were and I turned the strike zone off. That helped make pitching a little more challenging.

I tend to pitch more toward the lower left and right corners of the strike zone to try to induce more ground balls. If I have two strikes on a batter (but not a full count), I will sometimes try pitching a high fastball to see if I can get the batter to chase the pitch.

I'm using center view.. thanks guys i'll try all of you suggestions.

Archived