UncleMo

What difficulty level do you play on?  

96 members have voted

1. 1.

• MVP
    • All-Star
    • Pro
    • Rookie

I've moved from Pro to All-Star to see how I could handle it and boy I still suck. I'm not using a datafile to mod how the ball lands or gets out of the ballpark more often, I'm using the default datafile and my sliders most likely have my hitting contact and power up to 50 so that I can actraully get a hit. I score about 2 runs a game, it seems, and so as you can tell I live and die by my pitching staff and paying close attention not to make errors on the field. Every game is like a playoff game. A grueling one. Not sure if I like my team being a .500 ball club like it is right now, especially with my team being ranked #1. Thus, this thread. :headache: :joystick:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP. I've had this game for six months on PC, and I was playing on MVP level for almost a year on GameCube, so I am adjusted to this. I might put the sliders to my disadvantage now for a challenge.

All-star, I win some lose some. Using Rodkey's datafile with some of my own adjustments to get some more strikeouts and just generally give me a little edge when pitching. I also try to stay patient if I'm playing seriously -- had a couple of 7 or 8 pitch walks/strikeouts

Sliders have been a bit in my favor so far though, so I might adjust them a little

First of all I just want to say thank you for making this thread Mo. I have been looking to vent some anger about this but I didn't want to make it myself haha.

Ok the last season I went through with the Yankees I was playing on All-Star (PS2) and I only lost one game the entire season. I then went to the playoffs and after losing the first game of the playoffs I swept the rest of it. I threw six, that's right six perfect games that season and it was the only time I could think of that I did not break the single season HR record with Sheff. He finished with 55 and Giambi finished with 61, the most I've ever hit with him. He also got World Series MVP for the first time. Going into his final start of the regular season Johnson had the AL MVP and Cy Young pretty much locked up and he was the only one of my five starters that had not thrown a perfect game. Well In his final start againt Boston he got his perfect game and finished the season with 311 strikeouts and I think he might have had like one walk, if any. He also had over 30 wins, I think the only one of my starters that did not have 30 wins was Wang but he finished with like 28 or something. Why am I posting all of this useless crap? Just because I wanted to give a little comparison on how I play on All-Star when compared to MVP. I mean you would think that after the season I had with the Yanks that it would be time I moved up to MVP right.

Well I started and deleted a few seasons on the MVP level because I can't find a team I enjoy playing with constantly like I do with the Yanks. Anyways while playing on MVP I scored like two runs per game and I was striking out like crazy. Now I try to be patient at the plate but when the opposing pitchers just refuse to throw strikes it gets a little annoying to just sit there and take and take and take and then try to react to something in the zone. Plus it seems like the pitchers just refuse to come inside to me when they are throwing strikes so I constantly have to go the other way, which means I'm not hitting the long ball nearly as much as I should be because when they finally do come inside I'm not expecting it. Also the pitches on the MVP level are much much nastier than they are on the All-Star level so my swing was off constantly. My pitching was pretty much the only thing that was keeping me in these games but after I lost like three in a row I shattered my controller into about a billion pieces. I know that's baby crap but I just couldn't help myself. So after I bought a new controller I said I guess I have to stick with the All-Star level for the sake of my controllers. Yeah well guess what, now I suck on the All-Star level too. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well I started and deleted a few seasons on the MVP level because I can't find a team I enjoy playing with constantly like I do with the Yanks. Anyways while playing on MVP I scored like two runs per game and I was striking out like crazy. Now I try to be patient at the plate but when the opposing pitchers just refuse to throw strikes it gets a little annoying to just sit there and take and take and take and then try to react to something in the zone. Plus it seems like the pitchers just refuse to come inside to me when they are throwing strikes so I constantly have to go the other way, which means I'm not hitting the long ball nearly as much as I should be because when they finally do come inside I'm not expecting it. Also the pitches on the MVP level are much much nastier than they are on the All-Star level so my swing was off constantly. My pitching was pretty much the only thing that was keeping me in these games but after I lost like three in a row I shattered my controller into about a billion pieces. I know that's baby crap but I just couldn't help myself. So after I bought a new controller I said I guess I have to stick with the All-Star level for the sake of my controllers. Yeah well guess what, now I suck on the All-Star level too. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

This is almost EXACTLY why I started this thread. This is going on with me. I'm seeing filthy pitches being thrown at me, tons of outside balls, and when they come inside I foul it off or take instead of swinging. I may see if more patience will correct this problem, or simply go back to Pro and adjust the sliders to keep it challenging but full of fun. Right now my new Braves Dynasty is stacked and I'm about a .500 ball club. I've already told myself that if I don't' win the WS I'm selling off all of my high priced players. And I'm not simming anything, so if I personally don't make it to the WS, and win, I'm selling off the team in the fashion of the 2003 Marlins.

I think each level just takes some getting used to. I've been playing on All-Star for a very long time so I should be dominant on that level. If I stuck with MVP for a bit I probably could get used to that level as well. For this to happen Sony would have to start encasing their controllers in steel though. :lol:

Dang why do I suck. You've all GOT to be using a datafile mod that allows you to hit well or maybe you all don't swing at stuff. I'm maybe too antsy.

I swing at basically every single pitch too, I have no patience it makes the game go by faster. I play on All-Star, I think Pro is way to easy and MVP is way to hard.

For MVP, patience is key. I normally don'y swing at the first pitch unless it's a mistake right over the plate. It also helps to take pitches so you can steal and move runners more easily. Play some small ball too, sac bunts and hit and runs. Manufacture runs.

Patience is definitely key. It also helps you to take pitches so you can try and time your swing correctly. Sometimes I just can't do it though. Also am I the only one that will not steal on a pitcher that throws hard? That is of course unless I have a guy that has a speed rating of around 90. Yeah for anyone under 90 I wait until I face a guy that doesn't throw like 95 MPH.

I just moved to All-star just like you Mo. I haven't had too much trouble yet. I don't play with any datafiles and just move the sliders around. I'm using spring training as a way to test out different slider settings. Right now, I have my batting contact down to about -15 or so and foul ball frequency to about 20. I use hitter's eye so that helps out. I don't really have too much problem with hitting. Just take a few more pitches and you'll be able to hit. I can get over 5 runs some games and 3 or less in others. I can still hit homers too. I guess it's more about the patience.