UncleMo

What difficulty level do you play on?  

96 members have voted

1. 1.

• MVP
    • All-Star
    • Pro
    • Rookie

When I play on MVP mode, I usually am the most patient hitter since that is how I am in real life. I wait on a pitch in a certain spot and I use the hitter's eye feature to my advantage. I'm not sure why people hate it, it's very useful.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have never touched the sliders since I have been playing this game. Mainly because I don't know what each one does and I don't know what moving the slider to a + postion would do as opposed to moving it to a - postion. I always use the Hitter's Eye as well.

What is the Runner Steal Delay, and what would moving the slider to a + position actually do? What would moving it to a - position do?

:offtopic:

Sorry Mo I'm not trying to hijack this thread I just didn't want to make a new thread for this.

For all those who say MVP, do you swing at everything like I do at times?

Nope, gotta remain patient. The problem is that at higher levels they throw more balls, so at Pro that won't apply and at all-star they throw few balls, not really enough to draw walks. Like DUnit I had to turn down the sliders for the opponent cause I like a "fair" game. Hope response helps.

Since we are on this topic... Who here uses hitter's eye? Am I the only person who intentionally turns it off?

BTW, nice avatar Mo. ;)

I also turn this off, I find it unrealistic to see what kind of pitch is coming.

mo, i'm with you here, i played on rookie for the longest time ever, then on pro, but whenever i try all-star i can't score any runs. also, my pitcher is pitching like 3 perfect innings. then, with two outs in the third, a guy gets a base hit, and then they proceed to get like 10 base hits in a row!!! that's what's really frustrating.

What is the Runner Steal Delay, and what would moving the slider to a + position actually do? What would moving it to a - position do?

Runner Steal Delay is the delay between the time the pitcher begins his windup and the baserunner takes off to try to steal a base. Making the value more positive (+) means that the runner waits longer to take off (and is easier for the catcher to throw out). Making the value more negative (-) means the runner takes off sooner (and is harder for the catcher to throw out).

You can find a listing of what each slider does in this thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=5799/

As far as my difficulty level, I play on Pro with my combo datafile: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2023.html

I also turn this off, I find it unrealistic to see what kind of pitch is coming.

I think MVP's hitter's eye is kinda like how some pitchers tip off their pitches in reali life, like when a hitter sees a certain grip on the ball, they can guess what the pitch is. You can't see a grip on the ball in the game because they just kinda palm the ball lol.

I think MVP's hitter's eye is kinda like how some pitchers tip off their pitches in reali life, like when a hitter sees a certain grip on the ball, they can guess what the pitch is. You can't see a grip on the ball in the game because they just kinda palm the ball lol.

Maybe if they had made it appear for a split second or appear at a much later point would it have been successful. I just started playing with it off, and hot and cold zones off.

I use the hitter's eye because, as D-Unit said, you can't tell in the game how the ball is releasing from the pitcher's hand or the spin the ball has coming to the plate. These are clues that hitter's use to their advantage and so I use the video game equivalent as a substitute.

I mentioned earlier that I play on all-star, so I'll expand on it now: I use sliders I adjusted from Hoop's sliders to fit my style of play. I have the hot/cold zones set to fade so that I can have a pre-at bat scouting report. Cursor is off.

Sometimes, when I get really bored, I play an exhibition on rookie with everything maxed out on sliders to either -50 or +50 in my favor. I get scores of like 67-0.
or what's better is putting the CPU to keyboard 2, and then making all the pitches right in the middle of the plate. i've had like a 40 run innings with that. :D

Runner Steal Delay is the delay between the time the pitcher begins his windup and the baserunner takes off to try to steal a base. Making the value more positive (+) means that the runner waits longer to take off (and is easier for the catcher to throw out). Making the value more negative (-) means the runner takes off sooner (and is harder for the catcher to throw out).

You can find a listing of what each slider does in this thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=5799/

As far as my difficulty level, I play on Pro with my combo datafile: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2023.html

Thanks Jim

Also Mo, try to sit on a pitch until you have a strike. Sit on something like high and in fastball and try to pull it. If you do not play with the give away before the pitch, just try to sit on a zone and hope that its a fastball. It makes hitting easier, and it's kinda how the average hitter thinks.

All-Star here, but I still have my good and my bad games. Sometimes ill score 5-6 runs, othertimes ill get shutout on 3 hits, so I think its playing pretty realistic for me at the moment.

I find myself getting into the most trouble when i get aggressive and dont take pitches. Ill get into a rut and have a lot of 5 or 6 pitch innings, and just kill myself that way. The best way ive found is to work the pitcher not only to get better pitches, but also as he tires youll get better pitches to hit in the later innings, so it works in your favor both ways to be patient.

It gets really frustrating when it seems like the CPU is working against you, though! Sometimes itll seem like everytime I look away they come in, and vice versa... it just gets annoying! Ill be looking away and here comes a hanging slider on the inner half that i either let go, or swing at anyway and hit it off the trademark. Frustrating! Or my favorite thing is waiting on a pitch, getting it... and still popping it up! grrr! I just seem to get in those ruts where I cant hit even when I get good pitches. It just means its time to back away from the computer before something gets broke! haha.

I was gonna ask, do most of you just hold the directional stick in a spot and hope you get something in that zone? Or do some people actually try to aim as the ball is in the air and make realtime adjustments? Ive tried by I just screw myself up, or get overly aggressive when I try.

do some people actually try to aim as the ball is in the air and make realtime adjustments?

I do this depending on the type of stuff the pitcher has. For the most part I do try to wait and see where the pitch is going to end up and the time my swing accordingly but when the pitcher throws very hard it is much harder for me to do that. That's when I have to guess where the pitch is going. I look for the fastball on the outer half a lot in this situation.