• WS Winners
    • Joe Maur
    • Vlad Guerrero
    • Jose Reyes
    • Other (state who)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just so you aren't the only one that gets flamed...

i agree.

My whole idea is this: This thread was to get the ideas out about 1 or 2 people to be the cover boy(s) for mvp 07. Nothing against cory lidle becuase i actually liked his pitching style but he is not worthy of becoming a cover boy for mvp 07. he did not do anything really for his two teams this year. Did pucket get a game cover when he passed away? No. they would give it to the athlete who had the best season and deserves it based on their overall performance in the season. Thats why everyone is saying howard because he had a great year and was untouchable in alot of hitting catagories. Again no offense to you whoskarimgarcia because obviously it is a noble thing to bring up lidle after what has happened to him and his family. My heart goes out to you because of your kindness and thought.

Lets do Ichiro for the Japan version, Vlady in Latin America, just kidding. I think it should be Bonds, I mean Jon Dowd, but he will never agree. Again, a joke, I hate Bonds. Let's just put Moyer on it because he will be around forever.

I vote Kraw, without him, I would have lost interest in the game along time ago!

LOL!

To pick a real player, I would go with Howard.

DUDE!!! kraw would be sweet!!!

i agree with howard too

I am not trying to hijack this thread, and in no way is Lidle deserving of the cover. But to say he had no impact whatsoever is BS. BigRog, I would expect you to realize this as he shut the Red Sox down for six innings during one game of The Boston Massacre Part II, which basically put the nail in the coffin on the Red Sox. I would consider that pretty much an impact.

I am not trying to hijack this thread, and in no way is Lidle deserving of the cover. But to say he had no impact whatsoever is BS. BigRog, I would expect you to realize this as he shut the Red Sox down for six innings during one game of The Boston Massacre Part II, which basically put the nail in the coffin on the Red Sox. I would consider that pretty much an impact.

I think BigRog meant overall...Lidle didn't do anything outstanding this year...like a Howard, or Ortiz, Jeter, etc...

Lidle's numbers don't jump out at you...and please, your argument is weak...it wasn't Lidle who won the division for the Yanks.

I know that, but it seems like they're saying "Oh, he wasn't really on the team, he never pitched." He did have a very small impact, but he didn't mean that much to the team as he did to his family and friends.

I know that, but it seems like they're saying "Oh, he wasn't really on the team, he never pitched." He did have a very small impact, but he didn't mean that much to the team as he did to his family and friends.

No, what they are saying, is if he didn't die, his name wouldn't even be brought up.

I did hear this rumor that Lidle actually played for some other teams before joining the Yankees for two months....

Anyway, this cover thing is kinda meaningless since if kraw wants to stick Griffey on the cover, then Jr is the cover player, simple as that..

but I guess, since the even-numbered years have an NL player on the cover, then 2007 should have an AL player, Hafner or Mauer seems like a good idea to me...

Derek Jeter should not be considered for one reason only, he is the cover player for the Take2's evil MLB game, if not for that I would have no problem with him being on the theoretical "cover" of the mod.

If Hafner hadn't been hit in the hand, he would have broken the grand slam record, and I think that at the rate he had been going, and the way the Indians' offense had been going, could have had 50 HR and 150 RBI as well...that would be my biased vote....Unbiased, I'd agree upon a watermark celebration picture of the team that wins the World Series with either that team's manager, or the World Series MVP on the cover.

I was also gonna suggest the WS MVP award. So I like the idea of the WS-winning team combined with the WS-MVP winner idea.

Honestly whoever wins the MVP award, duh

Well that'd likely be Pujols or Howard - and Pujols has already been on the MVP cover, and I don't think Howard deserves it just yet... not anything against Howard (he's from my hometown, I like him) - I just think more than 1.5 great seasons should be required.

Both MVP candidates have been on the cover except for Mauer and Howard, and the NL Cy Young winner is anything but dominant compared to the AL. But I think these guys need to put up similar numbers for another year or two to be "coverboys." Santana has been doing it for some time, and is without a doubt this year's Cy Young.

Archived