Firefox 2 released

krawhitham

The built in session saver sucks. Is there a way to activate it besides when it crashes? I would like to use it for just saving it.

Also, is there a way to institute it so the tab shows the redness when the tab hasn't been looked at yet like in 1.5.0+?

I've been using an extension to restore saved sessions for months now, and it really is great. Good to see it being built into the final release.

I'll probably be grabbing it at some point over the weekend.

Ron, try the Tools menu. In the extension I'm using, there are options there where you can create session saves manually and import them later on. Not sure if that's been built into the release, but it's worth a try.

give me a link to a video that does not work for you

Any video on cnn.com.

I've installed activex for Firefox, and a registry hack, but to no avail. CNN video worked in 1.5.

I've been using an extension to restore saved sessions for months now, and it really is great. Good to see it being built into the final release.

I'll probably be grabbing it at some point over the weekend.

Ron, try the Tools menu. In the extension I'm using, there are options there where you can create session saves manually and import them later on. Not sure if that's been built into the release, but it's worth a try.

It's built in so it's not a functioning extension anymore. I think I'm just gonna change the version number on it so that way I fool it into working with 2.0.

The built in session saver sucks. Is there a way to activate it besides when it crashes?

I don't think the session saver is enabled by default. Tools > Options > Main > Select the "When Firefox Starts" pulldown to get it going.

the CNN videos work for me I have did nothing special

I keep getting the "missing plugin" warning. I tried WMP 11 Beta 2, still no good.

I'll just use the "View in IE" extension.

I keep getting the "missing plugin" warning. I tried WMP 11 Beta 2, still no good.

I'll just use the "View in IE" extension.

I've always had the same issue, but instead of View in IE I downloaded MediaPlayerConnectivity, and launch it in WMP instead.

Archived