Election 2006

Sean O

Dems win the house! Gillbrand just beat Sweeney, meaning the democrats picked up 15 spots.

Maybe now we can start rebuilding. Can you say lame duck president?

Well the republicans can still win the senate and probably will.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all-Sean, I believe Homosexuality is a sin. I am a believer in Jesus Christ as my savior-now would you like to argue with him on the judgement day-go ahead. I have a right to my opnion-I think you make idiotic statements-I was wrong for calling you an idiot. I would be glad to give you my cell #-and we can talk about this like men

First of all-Sean, I believe Homosexuality is a sin. I am a believer in Jesus Christ as my savior-now would you like to argue with him on the judgement day-go ahead. I have a right to my opnion-I think you make idiotic statements-I was wrong for calling you an idiot. I would be glad to give you my cell #-and we can talk about this like men

Sean stick to doing mods-you make more sense-youre an idiot

Umm, you called him an idiot, and then say its your opinion, I think he's got the right to defend himself...

Wow, this senate race in Virginia is really tightening up, Mr. Macaca is now behind by 3000 with 99% of votes counted, there'll definitely be a recount...

Wow, this senate race in Virginia is really tightening up, Mr. Macaca is now behind by 3000 with 99% of votes counted, there'll definitely be a recount...

WOW, 3000 isn't that many. hmmm... Recount, yes there will definitely be one of those, speaking of which, did any of you guys here about this "acorn" thing apparently they have been signing people to vote more than once.

Can someone explain to me why some states arent having there Governors being reelected this year? thanks

Some states feel that its time for a change. It happens in pretty much every state at some point, but there have been so many controversial issues in the last 6 years that they might not be reelected cause the public doesn't back their views on these issues anymore.

Some states feel that its time for a change. It happens in pretty much every state at some point, but there have been so many controversial issues in the last 6 years that they might not be reelected cause the public doesn't back their views on these issues anymore.

OK, thanks for elaborating for me.

Here's a list of the current governors for each state, and when the next election will be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_curre...tates_Governors

O boy, there I go misreading things again, from what I think he's asking now, states governors take office in different years, and since they almost always serve their full 6 year term not every state has an election for governor in the same year.

O boy, there I go misreading things again, from what I think he's asking now, states governors take office in different years, and since they almost always serve their full 6 year term not every state has an election for governor in the same year.

Length of term is not the same in each state. Some are 4 years, Alaska looks like it is 5 years.

Dems win the house! Gillbrand just beat Sweeney, meaning the democrats picked up 15 spots.

Maybe now we can start rebuilding. Can you say lame duck president?

Right...and the dems winning the House will really bring change. Honestly, what change do you think this will really bring? Bush may not be able to get any legislation through but he will surely be able to veto anything that is passed.

Nothing will get done. The only difference is now Bush can point his finger at the other party as the reason.

I just looked it up, and now it looks like every state has a 4 year term for governors.

Thats odd, I thought Pataki was in NY for 2 seperate 6 year terms.

EDIT: My bad, 3 seperate 4 year terms.

Archived