Rutgers

NYM

how is there no way florida gets in cause "their loss was against auburn", who happens to be the #6 team in the bcs? if ohio state beats michigan, they'll have a rematch. the only way michigan makes it is if they lose in a last second field goal. if ohio state wins the game outright, michigan is out.

No because you proved my point.... Auburn is 6th

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

What a game. Ray Rice is amazing, we went to high school together along with a couple of other Rutgers players!

It is awesome watching them! GO RU! 9-0!

They deserve to play for the National Championship if they run the table!

Florida also has to play in the SEC Championship... thats not a position i'd want my team to be in... Florida was affected tonight really because they woulda jumped Louisville (if Louisville were to win tonight) if they were to win the SEC Championship...

No because you proved my point.... Auburn is 6th

florida has had a tougher schedule than michigan, and if they win out - including the sec championship - their strength of schedule will put them ahead of michigan.

auburn being sixth helps florida with the computers - and in this system, that's all that matters because, if florida wins out, they will be AT LEAST third in the polls.

EDIT: i'm happy with the SEC championship because of the boost it gives. however, i wish they would make every other conference have one as well.

florida has had a tougher schedule than michigan, and if they win out - including the sec championship - their strength of schedule will put them ahead of michigan.

auburn being sixth helps florida with the computers - and in this system, that's all that matters because, if florida wins out, they will be AT LEAST third in the polls.

EDIT: i'm happy with the SEC championship because of the boost it gives. however, i wish they would make every other conference have one as well.

also though auburn wasnt sixth at the time they lost to them... auburn was 11th at the time... so that hurts florida a little bit

also though auburn wasnt sixth at the time they lost to them... auburn was 11th at the time... so that hurts florida a little bit

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't matter, does it? Cause in that case, when 5 or 6 of the teams lost to Rutgers, they weren't even ranked...

It will be one of these:

OSU vs FL/TEXAS/USC/ND/Auburn/ ARk/Cal

Mich. vs FL/TEXAS/USC/ND/Auburn/ ARk/Cal

I dont see a rematch of OSU and Mich. happening. What if they did play again and end up splitting. Wouldnt Texas have something to be upset about since they are the defending champs and their only lose was to OSU too. It is a messed up system but it will never be changed thanks to the fact that the almighty $ trumps everything.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't matter, does it? Cause in that case, when 5 or 6 of the teams lost to Rutgers, they weren't even ranked...

I dont get what you are saying...

It will be one of these:

OSU vs FL/TEXAS/USC/ND/Auburn/ ARk/Cal

Mich. vs FL/TEXAS/USC/ND/Auburn/ ARk/Cal

I dont see a rematch of OSU and Mich. happening. What if they did play again and end up splitting. Wouldnt Texas have something to be upset about since they are the defending champs and their only lose was to OSU too. It is a messed up system but it will never be changed thanks to the fact that the almighty $ trumps everything.

I can see Texas having a shot again, because Ohio St was #1 at the time Texas lost to them...

I dont get what you are saying...

It doesn't hurt Florida that they beat the 11th team rather then the 6th team because for example, if Rutgers runs the table and ends up at number 4, then everyones gonna get credited for losing to number 4 Rutgers, even though when North Carolina or Ohio lost to them they were still an unranked team.

It doesn't hurt Florida that they beat the 11th team rather then the 6th team because for example, if Rutgers runs the table and ends up at number 4, then everyones gonna get credited for losing to number 4 Rutgers, even though when North Carolina or Ohio lost to them they were still an unranked team.

I dont see Rutgers finishing anywhere close to number 4... they are ranked too far away.. their 15th the most they'd jump would be 5 spots...

I can see Texas having a shot again, because Ohio St was #1 at the time Texas lost to them...

I wish My Longhorns could defend, but I'm pretty sure we'll be settling for the Fiesta Bowl.

I dont see Rutgers finishing anywhere close to number 4... they are ranked too far away.. their 15th the most they'd jump would be 5 spots...

It was an example, fill in any number you want to make my point. :D

i'm not going to quote all that :D

ronmexico is right - the way the system works, the computers take the current rankings into consideration - not the ranking when teams played.

so for florida right now, as far as the computers are concerned, they lost to #6.

Keep it going. Guniess book of world records.

And the winner for most quoted post on an internet site is........(opens envelope) MVPmods: Rutgers Thread

link: BCS Football

They may tell you how they each get to their rankings. Hope this helps.

How about the following to determine the winner? First four BCS teams have first week byes and the next 8 play one game at the home of the lower number seed. After the first game is over, the winners play at the home of the top four BCS teams matching up 1 with the lowest week 1 winner, 2 with the 2nd lowest week 1 winner and so on. Week 3 and 4 games are at predetermined locations. As of last night, Ohio State, Michigan, Lousiville and Florida would all have byes. Of course we know Louisville and the loser of OSU and Michigan won't have byes anymore. Everyone up to LSU (sorry Rutgers) would be in the tournament as of last night. Or you can have no byes to include all 16 teams. This way, Texas can avenge their lost to Ohio State. If they did this a long time ago, maybe Penn State would have won when they went undefeated.

Archived