Iwamura

DustinTheWin

• 1 month later...

Actually, I didn't. :p I didn't do any of the posted players until they signed a contract. I did Okajima and that dude from KC immediately due to them being signed as FAs, posted players like Iwamura and Matsuzaka I created after they signed their deals.

Plus with Pettitte around the Yankees really don't have much of a need for Igawa anymore, though I hope Mats' signing greatly reduces the amount of money it takes to get him.

If he does get signed, he'll be created immediately.

Actually, I didn't. :p I didn't do any of the posted players until they signed a contract. I did Okajima and that dude from KC immediately due to them being signed as FAs, posted players like Iwamura and Matsuzaka I created after they signed their deals.

Plus with Pettitte around the Yankees really don't have much of a need for Igawa anymore, though I hope Mats' signing greatly reduces the amount of money it takes to get him.

You better create Igawa soon since he is going to be signed Sunday hopefully

What's your formula for a Japanese player compared to a MLB player? Tell me how you get your ratings. Do you do a 3-year type thing?

Rotoworld says he's signed

The Yankees are likely to have Kei Igawa signed to a five-year, $20 million contract by Sunday.

Igawa will have to take a physical first. The two sides are facing a Dec. 28 deadline to get a deal done.

4 million a year, add the posting fee and pretty much the Yankees are paying 9 million a year for him. At least they save on Luxury Tax.

I guess Igawa will be made tomorrow morning. :p

What's your formula for a Japanese player compared to a MLB player? Tell me how you get your ratings. Do you do a 3-year type thing?

Without splits, it is much more difficult to follow a formula but I do have one. Japanese position players are penalize somewhat less than AAA players statistically, for pitchers I'm willing to make them somewhat decent. Anyway, the biggest stat I look at for Japanese hitters are strikeouts. Johjima had an easy adjustment IMHO because he made contact in Japan. Iwamura K'd a ton of times so I'm not sure he'll be a smash unless he becomes more of an Iguchi-type player. The Rays aren't paying him much at all so it's definatly worth the risk anyway.

Actually, I'm more curious how your formula translates Igawa's stats as a major leaguer? Could you show me how he performs from your ratings on 3 seperate trials? And on one of those, show me how he performs in 2007,2008 and 2009. Thank you.

Archived